Menu

I could use some prayers or good thoughts if you are so inclined...(job application)

bettyandbob

I work 3 jobs about 45 hours a week in 2-6 hour blocks. I work somewhere 7 days a week. 4 days a week I work two jobs. My job schedules are carefully balanced around needing to pick up my teen ds who has disabilities from school. I am lucky, 2 places have allowed me to bring ds to work with 3 nights a week ( I couldn't work otherwise because childcare for him is $15/hr for short term gigs) I'm worn out. This has my schedule for a year.

I was working 2 jobs and one place needed to reduce hours so I added a third. In addition I picked up some entry level hours in a related area to one of my jobs to diversify my experience and made steps to get more certifications.

So an opening has come available and I applied. I need good thoughts and prayers that I get chosen for interview and that I do well. I really need off this treadmill. This would be full-time with benefits. I could have a regular schedule so I would be able to arrange regular childcare for ds. I'd have health insurance significantly cheaper than what we pay now though dh work. The job, my home and ds school are all in a 3 mile diameter circle. Dd starts college at a fantastic school next year and we do not qualify for aid.

Thank you

• Like 8

Praying hard for you!  I've been where you are in terms of work.  So many people don't realize how hard it is to juggle multiple part-time jobs.  It must be almost impossible to handle work and the special needs of your son. 

I work 3 jobs about 45 hours a week in 2-6 hour blocks. I work somewhere 7 days a week. 4 days a week I work two jobs. 

You know I can relate! I'm still in the process of transitioning into my new, more settled schedule, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and am almost giddy with relief at getting out of the schedule juggling business. 

I will be sending good thoughts and vibes your way, hoping that you find your opportunity to jump off that treadmill, too!

• Like 1

Thank you all. I'm out of town visiting my godmother. One good thing about my current schedule is all three jobs take breaks the weeks of public school winter and spring breaks and I don't have to figure out what to do with ds. Anyway I can't do likes right now.

I found another job posting tonight. This one part time. I need to find out how much I made last year to see if this makes sense to consider pay wise. It does have a good schedule and I could do one of my other jobs on a similar schedule to make it work. No benefits, but it could enhance my resume. This could be nice if the first doesn't work out.

Sounds like a terrific opportunity!  Sending lots of good vibes your way.

There was a time when I worked 4 part-time jobs, 7 days a week.  The biggest problem was answering the phone - I had to do a quick look around me to remember where I was so I'd know which business name to say!  Then if the phone rang at home I was truly befuddled....  :willy_nilly:

Glad you found the back-up, too, but for the moment all my good wishes are going to Door #1. 

I have to say, I'm really impressed that you managed everything, including striving to branch out your certifications and such, for so long.  You've been working HARD, but definitely working SMART, too.  Well done.