Menu

Tiny brag--Tiny UPDATE post #10

Chris in VA

Dd is at the Regional Science Fair today! She and a classmate paired up to do a science project in school--it's comparing environmentally ok ice melt with the regular stuff. They used my Vitamix to chop up ice, spread it in pans, and then did the ice melt comparison. They placed among the top in their high school science fair, and today, get to meet with others from our region.

It's actually pretty funny--it was a last minute choice on their part, and really just to fulfill a requirement for Honors Chem.

But I'm proud of her, anyway! We don't expect it to go further.

Edited by Chris in VA
  • Like 42

That's awesome! Congratulations!

How was the regional science fair?

I think dd learned a lot, which is kinda neat.

They had to be judged by at least 3 people, who walked around and asked each presenting person (group/duo--dd did her project with one other girl) about the project. They were very thorough in making sure the kids knew their stuff. They actually taught as they critiqued, which was worthwhile.

It was a really positive experience for dd. Because of the teaching critique, she made some connections from what she'd learned last year to what she did as her project. It was all about the ions! LOL--She tried to tell me, but I got a little lost...

Science fairs were never my thing, so at least this was one example of the students NOT getting Mom to do their projects! (I don't think that happens much at this level,anyway.)

• Like 3