Menu

I need extreme book sleuths. ETA: Someone here is a GENIUS!!! book found. thank you.

38carrots

Awesome! It was the description part that caught my eye. Sounded so much like it, I had to give it a shot. If you look at images on google of the book, you will see the shape of a shark done in words.

It is quite good. You have to get it now and then tell us what you think of it. Happy reading!

• Like 5

Awesome! It was the description part that caught my eye. Sounded so much like it, I had to give it a shot. If you look at images on google of the book, you will see the shape of a shark done in words.

It is quite good. You have to get it now and then tell us what you think of it. Happy reading!

I was hoping someone would somehow miraculously recognize something from my description. When I'm re-reading what I wrote, it is practically nothing like the actual description of the book. But I guess your subconscious was for a second on the same wavelength as my subconscious.

• Like 3

Re: The Raw Shark Texts...

:iagree:

Loved the book. Would love to hear what you think of it.

• Like 1

Re: The Raw Shark Texts...

:iagree:

Loved the book. Would love to hear what you think of it.

I just placed an order for a used copy for $1, with $2.99 shipping. It should be here in 30 days. (ha!)

Stay tuned for a thread on The Raw Shark Texts, the book so gloriously found by Robin.M sometimes around March 1st.

I am so amazed that Robin M. figured it out since the description had some clues that weren't correct. The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a movie I saw when I was searching Netflix- my recollection of the movie name and movie poster was off. I kept looking for it and insisting I could find it while my husband got annoyed because I didn't want to give up. It really makes me wonder how accurate our memories really are.

Here is a link to the book on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Shark-Texts-Novel/dp/1841959111/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The hardcover book is either red or orange while the paperback is blue.

It was published in 2007.

It doesn't have the word cuckoo

Yet our super sleuth figured it out based on your description. Your memory was good enough to make the book recognizable.

Amazing!

• Like 1

I am so amazed that Robin M. figured it out since the description had some clues that weren't correct. The same thing happened to me when I was looking for a movie I saw when I was searching Netflix- my recollection of the movie name and movie poster was off. I kept looking for it and insisting I could find it while my husband got annoyed because I didn't want to give up. It really makes me wonder how accurate our memories really are.

Here is a link to the book on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Raw-Shark-Texts-Novel/dp/1841959111/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

The hardcover book is either red or orange while the paperback is blue.

It was published in 2007.

It doesn't have the word cuckoo

Yet our super sleuth figured it out based on your description. Your memory was good enough to make the book recognizable.

Amazing!

I'm amazed at a lot of things. First of all, how radically I miss-remembered so many details about the book. Where the heck I took "cuckoo" from? I was certain the text on the cover was black. I *thought* it was on the new and hot table at the store, but it must have been on the bargain table. (It didn't help that when I went back to the store, they changed their table configuration slightly.)

And then for someone to actually *get* it??? Simply amazing.

Did you find your movie?

I'm amazed at a lot of things. First of all, how radically I miss-remembered so many details about the book. Where the heck I took "cuckoo" from? I was certain the text on the cover was black. I *thought* it was on the new and hot table at the store, but it must have been on the bargain table. (It didn't help that when I went back to the store, they changed their table configuration slightly.)

And then for someone to actually *get* it??? Simply amazing.

Did you find your movie?

Nope, never could remember. I don't even remember now what the movie was about, I just remember getting incredibly frustrated not being able to find it. Next time I will ask the hive.
  • Like 1