Menu

I need extreme book sleuths. ETA: Someone here is a GENIUS!!! book found. thank you.

38carrots

This isn't even funny. I'm obsessing. I've been searching for hours. Nothing. That's not surprising because of how little I remember. They say that smart phones make us dumber? True. I don't even have a smart phone. Saw a novel that I thought I must buy, after reading the back cover. Absolutely had to have it. Had no money on me. Then I took a photo of the cover. At that moment my brain decided that I don't have to remember a thing. I'm not talking to my brain! What a nasty trick. (I went back to the bookstore a couple of weeks after I took the photo, and the book is not there. I tried asking, but they thought I was crazy. You'll see why.)

What do I remember? Pathetic really.

Hardcover.

The cover is either yellow or blue. (What?? Hello, Brain! Yellow OR blue??)

The design is minimalistic. Just black letters arranged in some way, possibly partly on the diagonal.

The text on the back said something like: A man / wakes up / therapist / lives over and over (not sure of this one) / room / he is now the therapist  OR he is now someone from his dream OR he is now someone else

Words from the title: one / coockoo / over

Publication date 2015  / 2014

It is *not* One Flew over the Coockoos Next.

I keep trying to mediate on it. Nothing.

ETA: The cover was done in this style: http://www.amazon.ca/Against-Happiness-Melancholy-Eric-Wilson-ebook/dp/B00166GNTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452470932&sr=8-1&keywords=against+happiness

Edited by 38carrots
  • Like 1

I am no help here, but I can't wait to see how the Hive solves this for you. :)

The Hive is my only hope.

And I can't believe that after reading the back cover, I can't even come up with one coherent sentence. Just snippets of words... How is it even possible? I think if I didn't take the photo, I would've remembered more....

• Like 2

No...:-(

There was some kind of a reversal, at least that's what I think what intrigued me. He either wakes up and finds out that he is someone else...Or he is now the therapist (?)

I searched Amazon with "cuckoo -nest" and came up with no plot like you described. But I only briefly looked at the first couple of pages, so maybe you'll have better luck!

Yeah, I keep entering the words, hoping to find a review or something. But I wonder if I misremembered / imagined some of it...

Probably a stupid question, but....any chance of tracking down the picture?

I think my kids deleted it from phone. It is an old dumb phone, I don't take photos with it because of their horrible quality. Now it only has two photos that DS took of DD. That's all.

The worst part is that the photo *was* there, I even looked at it, and set the phone aside, planning to do an amazon search. And then I got busy with something. The rest is history.

You might try Google images

Search: 

Novel with solid blue cover

Novel with solid yellow cover

To isolate it further, if you saw it on display in a book store, in hardcover, it was likely published 2014 or 2015, so add that date to your search. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 2

Which seems reminiscent of one of my favorite books ~ Ken Grimwood's Replay.

I think I know the book...it must be "Wild Goose Chase." I've looked for that one before. Never found it.

or in this case "Wild Cuckoo Chase"!

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

You might try Google images

Search:

Novel with solid blue cover

Novel with solid yellow cover

To isolate it further, if you saw it on display in a book store, in hardcover, it was likely published 2-14 or 2015, so add that date to your search.

Yes. What kind of display was it on? New books? Thrillers? Mystery?

Can you remember any other books that were there?

• Like 1

I feel your pain! I just tracked down a book based upon a dim memory that a girl in the cover was holding a bird-cage, a vague recollection of the beginning, and me remembering only half one of the character's names. (It was Daily Alice and I remembered it as Moon Alice.) In the end, it was the photo on the cover that got me to the book, but I tried a few times before I found it. I even started a thread here, but nothing came of it. I JUST got my hands on the book this month.

Don't give up! I wish you success in your quest.

• Like 1

No ideas, but I feel your pain.  I have this vague memory of a book that I asked the hive about and no one could figure out for me either.  Still haven't found it, but I think it was an old book from the 50s, so google images/amazon wasn't especially helpful as I am sure it is out of print.

• Like 1

no... Great title though. My title was more like a phrase or something. Nothing catchy.

Incredibly, no cuckoo, but it sounds like Steven Hall's Raw Shark Texts.

I can't believe it!!!! We have a winner!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! You are a GENIUS!!! How did you figure it out? I love you! You made my day! I would not have figured it out!

Anyeone who tried to look for a cuckoo, please don't kill me! I don't know why I thought there was  a cuckoo there. I really really appreciate everyone trying.

Robin M. You are a genius!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

• Like 15