Menu

Need a gift idea for a man, no idea about his interests

Spryte

Help! SIL, that we are just getting to know (think long lost family just reunited in the last year) is bringing her boyfriend to Christmas. He's probably 40ish, has a nine yr old DD, and that's about all we know about him. We need a small gift for him and I'm stumped. I literally have nothing to go on. I don't know anything about him at all, other than he's got a DD.

Help, please. :)

Can you ask your SIL if he likes wine?  My inclination would be to get a bottle of a mid-priced red.  A mug and some coffee may be safer if you can't find that out.  He may  not like coffee, of course, but most likely there is no chance he is a recovering coffee-holic.

Or maybe some sort of general interest gifty book, like you might see in Barnes and Noble?  (if you have one.)

• Like 1

I second a flashlight. You can never have enough and not everyone likes the same food or alcohol. Another possibility is an Amazon / Target gift card in a gift card box and a heartfelt, handwritten card saying that you hope you get to know him and his family better over the years so you can give a more personalized gift.

• Like 3