Menu

If you are looking for an inexpensive Xmas gift, here's one

Chris in VA

I made sugar scrub for several women at work and for daughter-in-law and her mom. I'm not crafty at all--it was easy, and I found containers at Dollar Tree. You can also use mason jars--I told my recipients that they should take it out of the mason jar, though, and put it in a plastic container so it's shower-safe. You don't want a glass jar in the tub....

Just mix sugar and coconut oil or olive oil in a 75-25 ratio. Add vanilla for scent, or a few drops of essential oil. You can do peppermint, also.

I used brown sugar and coconut oil with a tsp of honey and a tsp of vanilla for my dil's, and added a little extra white sugar because the brown sugar was a little soft and didn't give that good scrubby feel. I used white sugar, coconut oil and lavender essential oil, along with a tsp of vanilla, for the rest of the recipients.

It came out really nice! You can make a smaller amount and just label it "hand scrub" or something like that. I made a pretty label on the computer, too.

(I think I'm proud of myself for giving something handmade! lol )

• Like 16

I made sugar scrub for several women at work and for daughter-in-law and her mom. I'm not crafty at all--it was easy, and I found containers at Dollar Tree. You can also use mason jars--I told my recipients that they should take it out of the mason jar, though, and put it in a plastic container so it's shower-safe. You don't want a glass jar in the tub....

Just mix sugar and coconut oil or olive oil in a 75-25 ratio. Add vanilla for scent, or a few drops of essential oil. You can do peppermint, also.

I used brown sugar and coconut oil with a tsp of honey and a tsp of vanilla for my dil's, and added a little extra white sugar because the brown sugar was a little soft and didn't give that good scrubby feel. I used white sugar, coconut oil and lavender essential oil, along with a tsp of vanilla, for the rest of the recipients.

It came out really nice! You can make a smaller amount and just label it "hand scrub" or something like that. I made a pretty label on the computer, too.

(I think I'm proud of myself for giving something handmade! lol )

can you post a picture if you dont mind and the pretty label?  these would be great for teachers gifts at our school.  thanks..

• Like 1