Menu

Am I the first to start a Christmas stocking thread?

Night Elf

I would love to get these for ds16, but the clerk at my local store said she'd never heard of them and it doesn't look like the Marshalls website is set up for ordering (weird). I tried Googling, but got nowhere.

Would you happen to know the brand name or where else they might be available?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you can't find them in Marshalls, try TJMaxx or Home Goods. They are all owned by the same parent company and carry a lot of the same merchandise.

I was in Marshalls today and although I didn't see the logic cards, they had tons of similar inexpensive stocking stuffer type items, and they were scattered around in different departments, including the men's department. (In fact, I saw more of that kind of stuff in the men's area than anywhere else in the store.) The clerks in our local stores often don't know the merchandise that well, so just because one clerk says they don't have something, I wouldn't necessarily take them at their word.

• Like 1

If you can't find them in Marshalls, try TJMaxx or Home Goods. They are all owned by the same parent company and carry a lot of the same merchandise.

I was in Marshalls today and although I didn't see the logic cards, they had tons of similar inexpensive stocking stuffer type items, and they were scattered around in different departments, including the men's department. (In fact, I saw more of that kind of stuff in the men's area than anywhere else in the store.) The clerks in our local stores often don't know the merchandise that well, so just because one clerk says they don't have something, I wouldn't necessarily take them at their word.

Thanks, Cat! That's very helpful!

• Like 1

DH is getting some new underwear lol. In all seriousness, we are NOT a 'socks and jocks' gift family, but there's a very good brandname of underwear here that has a unique design and I decided it was about time DH got some good quality undies, he's never had more than the 5 pack cheapies before. Though, this brandname (bonds) is not cheap. This may well be the most expensive stocking I've ever filled.

I totally get this. When ex official shows up under the tree for my hubby, he's all smiles. :)

Extra phone charger cords. The cords are always the weak link. Amazon basics has good, cheap ones. The guys are definitely harder. This is one reason I made the "no stockings after college age" rule. I have six daughters and mostly didn't want to have to deal with all those boyfriend and husband stockings!

For the girls:

Hand lotion

Hair ties

Fuzzy socks are always a huge hit

For both:

Lip balm

Pentel gel pens or nice retractable pencil

Playing cards

For the guys:

Maybe a nice tie? A decent silk tie can be had for like $12-15 on discount this time of the year at Macy's. And it takes up some valuable volume if you leave it rolled up.

Edited by Barb_

I usually put a couple of energy drinks in each stocking. I hate energy drinks, I think they are a huge waste of money, but dh and the kiddos love them and since everyone wants to spend part of Christmas break staying up late watching movies and hanging out the energy drinks come in handy for their late night "parties".

• Like 2

I usually put a couple of energy drinks in each stocking. I hate energy drinks, I think they are a huge waste of money, but dh and the kiddos love them and since everyone wants to spend part of Christmas break staying up late watching movies and hanging out the energy drinks come in handy for their late night "parties".

My girls like that Bai5 juice-water-tea stuff---I'll stick a bottle in their stockings! Thanks :)

Between the bottle, their favorites from Bath & Body Works, and the mini umbrella there won't be much space left to fill ;)

• Like 1

We put a "junk food" breakfast in which allows us parents to sleep in. Pop tarts, individual applesauce, those fruit cups. They like it.

Then just one "thing" which is simple to buy, and I divide up a bag if Christmas chocolates among them. But I'll raid the candy canes and other stuff we already have for the younger ones.

One year I found a package of my son's favorite pens unopened in his very messy room and I put those in his. He never noticed.

• Like 4

My older kids have gotten

Lego mini figs

Fuzzy socks

Make up

Candy (always)

$5-10 DVDs

Small lego sets

Green army men ( other small toy nostalgic to child)

Small games

Unique decks of cards (waterproof or special design)

Books

T-shirts

Flashlights

I don't do utilitarian socks and underwear. I don't do toothbrushes. Some stuff we do is useful, but mostly it is fun.

I'll be adding some mint tea bags to my daughter's stocking.

She missed Halloween and Thanksgiving as she's been in South Korea for the past fifteen months, so she'll be getting some 'Christmas' chocolate jack o'lanterns and a turkey.  (And, conveniently, I bought these at 50% off after those holidays.)  She'll get a chuckle from these as we routinely give chocolate 'Easter' reindeer and hearts as well as chocolate '4th of July' bunnies, etc.

I'll also add a small gift certificate to our local doughnut store, some books, a DVD, and ....

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

I know mainly guys' stuff...

Headlamps (very handy for everyone who ever had a flat at night or lives in the country with no streetlighting)

Leatherman or other small tool set

Candy

small maglite

Wallet Ninja

AAA membership (wrap membership card with a BIG bow)

Chocolate Santas (regardless of age)

earbuds

Tire pressure gauge

Guitar picks(if applicable)

Fishing hats that float (if applicable)

Fishing license

little valuables bag that float

small travel size shampoo, conditioner & body soap

AND a big orange for the toe part of the stocking...:)