Menu

I went kayaking in November in Michigan

Ottakee

I'm officially jealous.  We have a great week this week too, but I'm stuck in school - great kids - but I'd rather be outside.  We ought to have school on snow days and take abnormal great weather days off instead.  We did that when we homeschooled.  I do it when I'm working part time.  Not being able to do it is a big negative (for me) of working full time (sigh).

• Like 1

Ottake, I was expecting a I am tough enough to kayak thread...we spent some time in Alaska and I have a picture of a car with 2 kayaks on top of it in a restaurant parking lot that had many inches of snow on the ground.  I don't know for sure that they were either going kayaking or had already been.

• Like 1

Ottake, I was expecting a I am tough enough to kayak thread...we spent some time in Alaska and I have a picture of a car with 2 kayaks on top of it in a restaurant parking lot that had many inches of snow on the ground.  I don't know for sure that they were either going kayaking or had already been.

It was in the mid 60s here today which is very unusual for us.

That said, another friend and I do have thoughts/plans of kayaking in the snow if we can get a nice 2-4 inches of fluffy snow while the bayous are still ice free so we can navigate them.

• Like 3

I went horseback riding today and hope to walk the pier by the beach tonight at sunset. Tomorrow is riding with a group of friends, walking with another friend, and the hopefully kayaking with my boys and possibly riding with my girls. Thursday is another kayaking, walking, and riding day.

Next week will be clean the house and do my work week. In Michigan you have to take advantage of 70° days.....esp. In November.

• Like 4

I went horseback riding today and hope to walk the pier by the beach tonight at sunset. Tomorrow is riding with a group of friends, walking with another friend, and the hopefully kayaking with my boys and possibly riding with my girls. Thursday is another kayaking, walking, and riding day.

Next week will be clean the house and do my work week. In Michigan you have to take advantage of 70° days.....esp. In November.

:toetap05: Still jealous...  Glad you're getting to have fun though!  :D

We went hiking in a local forest preserve yesterday with some friends. The weather has been beautiful here!

I'm in IL, too, and the weather has been beautiful.  I have hiked 30 miles in the last 3 days and will be heading out for about 5 more today.  I wish I could kayak but the nearest body of water (the town lake) is drained every fall for bank clean up. :(

• Like 2

I'm in IL, too, and the weather has been beautiful.  I have hiked 30 miles in the last 3 days and will be heading out for about 5 more today. 

Hiking sounds fun.  I'm sitting here watch a class finish up a quiz on photosynthesis and when they're done, I'll start cellular respiration.  Later I'll get to grade their quizzes (and those from another class).

I wish we could go out on a hike talking about photosynthesis and cellular respiration!

Earlier today I got to do a lockdown drill with my plant and animal class - teaching them practical ways how to prepare and fight against an intruder in a classroom (or anywhere, really).  It's sad to know that's been incorporated into our curriculum, but I guess I'll admit we've had discussions with our own boys about the same topic should the skills ever be necessary.  It just has never been part of any specific class time (just as fire drills weren't at home, but we went over what to do if the house is on fire, etc).

• Like 1