Menu

have you seen this horribly bad show Scream Queens...

bettyandbob

I'm venting. dd will be 18 in a couple of weeks. I don't ban tv shows. I like to watch with her just to hang out because we don't have that much more time to just hang out together. But this show is horrible. I want to run from the room (I play with my tablet instead, but that doesn't block it all out). dd says it's supposed to parody B horror movies. I never watch horror movies. I think it's supposed to be funny, but it's just awful. 

If you haven't seen the show, is there something you sit through just to hang out with your dc? I know that in the not to distant future I will miss sitting with dd while she watches something I can't stand. I may even look back on sitting there last night fondly. 

I love horror movies of all kinds, was so excited about this show, and could not even sit through the first episode!  UGH!  Yes, I thought it was THAT BAD.  Just awful acting, plot, everything.

Regarding DD, she forces me to watch Disney Channel movies.  :glare:

• Like 1

My girls were watching a terribly stupid movie about a girl whose phone has a dog obedience training app that allows her to control males. I thought my brain would melt.

Yeah, that would be Zapped.  DD loved that one. *sigh*  Guess it's better that for now she still wants to watch Disney movies and not Pulp Fiction.

• Like 1

I have watched far more anime and listened to far more music in foreign languages than I ever wanted to for the sake of my oldest..lol.  I do still watch/listen, but I do keep my "sessions" short and she knows that my tolerance is limited before we have to either talk about something, or do something else.  She gets to share, I get to see some of the things that are part of her pop culture, and we get to touch base.  

I do the same thing when I watch the Roadshow on PBS with my husband..lol.

I sympathize!  Maybe you can find something else to watch together?

Yeah, that would be Zapped.  DD loved that one. *sigh*  Guess it's better that for now she still wants to watch Disney movies and not Pulp Fiction.

I love that you just proved your post by telling us the name of the movie described. :lol: 

Regarding Scream Queens, I haven't seen it but a friend of mine has a daughter who's into it and was raving about it. It just looked dumb to me. But then, I'm not into horror movies of any kind.

• Like 1