Menu

Cuffs on Khakis- still in style?

KatieJ

I am checking out wardrobe options for DH.  Found a pair of navy dockers in the back of the closet. They are like new, but they have cuffs.  Are they still in style?  or should I take them off.  I am a seamstress and no big deal.

He has one pair of khaki colored pants that he wears with a sport coat when he wants to be more dressed up.  
I am unsure about the navy pants .

Pleated. I think I will alter them and take th cuffs off.

Thanks everyone.

Hmm, pleated is "out", and that's a harder fix than cuffs.  And the legs are slimmer now than they were when pleated/cuffs were in.  Depending on how stylish your dh needs to be, and your budget, it might not be worth your labor.  OTOH, if money is tight and your dh just needs to look neat and clean and tidy, not uber-stylish, then uncuffing it shall be!!!

(I just weeded out some flared capris from my wardrobe.  How is it that they were ever stylish?  And yet, no doubt they'll be back in a few years...)

Hmm, pleated is "out", and that's a harder fix than cuffs. And the legs are slimmer now than they were when pleated/cuffs were in. Depending on how stylish your dh needs to be, and your budget, it might not be worth your labor. OTOH, if money is tight and your dh just needs to look neat and clean and tidy, not uber-stylish, then uncuffing it shall be!!!

(I just weeded out some flared capris from my wardrobe. How is it that they were ever stylish? And yet, no doubt they'll be back in a few years...)

http://m.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/browse/product.jsp?productId=570158963&catId=cat210023&AID=11434176&PID=4001913&CMP=AFC-CJ_AFFILIATEID-4001913-LINKID-White+House+Black+Market+Redirect+Link

Oh my. At 60 years young, he is fairly slender, but very happy with his pleat front adjustable waist line dockers, IYKWIM. He will not be Hanging out with the rich and famous. Just a bunch of manufacturing engineers and salesmen.

I guarantee the other engineers aren't looking at what he's wearing.
  • Like 4

Oh my. At 60 years young, he is fairly slender, but very happy with his pleat front adjustable waist line dockers, IYKWIM. He will not be Hanging out with the rich and famous. Just a bunch of manufacturing engineers and salesmen.

Engineers don't care.  :-)