Menu

Exercise Thread ~ September 13th - 19th

Negin

Hi everyone. I've missed you :grouphug: . I'm trying to get back into it after an awful few days of a never-ending migraine. About to do a Jane Fonda Walk and already did some rebounding.

Sorry you have been feeling rough.

I've done my usual walking this week - last weekend I took off to nurse an incipient cold.

Today is annual wood splitting day.  We rent an electric wood splitter, but it's still a lot of heaving of logs.  It will take us four or five hours in all.

• Like 7

Hi everyone. I've missed you :grouphug: . I'm trying to get back into it after an awful few days of a never-ending migraine. About to do a Jane Fonda Walk and already did some rebounding.

My mom used to have those- ugh.

Yesterday I went to another jujitsu seminar ran by Kelley Farrell.  She is the most amazing teacher and afterwards I got to free roll with a bunch of different higher ranking belts.  It was amazing.  And a great workout.

Later yesterday afternoon I did a 3 mile walk, jog, and then sprint workout.

Today is a rest day:)

• Like 8

Laura,

Log splitting sounds fun.  Hope you have all your fingers today.

I like purposeful exercise.  Hobbes is feeling better after a tummy bug, so he, Calvin and I are doing it.  I'll probably only do three hours in all, plus some gardening.  Husband has put his back out and is having to opt out this time.

• Like 7

Yesterday was 90 min of Aerial, most of my body is sore today. Last week was a very rough one between PMS and a cold I was happy to get a couple of short walks in. Fingers crossed this week is better, it has been rather slow going and I'm still miles away from where I was this summer, it is so frustrating as I know I just keep losing muscle the longer it goes but I just don't have it in me. Here's hoping this is a new and great week. 

My goal is to get in at least one other session of bodywork work- pushups and pullups at least, that didn't happen last week but I did get it in the week before. I'd also like to get some walk in nearly every day.

• Like 8

Negin~:grouphug: migraines are awful

Laura~log splitting is one of those memories from childhood I'd as soon forget. Glad you are done.

Reishy~the only free roll I want is covered in cinnamon

Soror~hang in

wintermom~closet sorting...shudder...

Yesterday I tried out a circuit interval training class. Meh. It was ok but not all that. Today I took a run in the glorious cool morning. It's another week full of dad care, apartment sorting and the usual kid even/class running along with teaching co-op and a couple yoga classes. Oh, and I suppose they will want to eat and wear clean clothes too. My family is a demanding lot. :laugh:

• Like 8

I've been MIA due to school starting and then a lovely sinus thing last week. I've been hitting the gym while dd is at the university for Arabic :)

Yesterday: 6.5 mile walk w dh (4 miles the long way to our downown for produce and meat shopping at the farmers' market and then fish tacos!, 2.5 miles home)

Today: massive shoulder stretching before training session at gym

• Like 8

Sorry for your migraine!

I walked 2.5 miles today at once. I even jogged a bit. :hurray:

Going to keep jogging here and there as much as I can.

My knee buckled quite a bit, going to get a knee brace.

Tomorrow I have strength training and cardio.

My goal is to do strength training three days a week and cardio five to six.

I get really stiff in my joints and my right side still suffers from parathesia.

So I was surprised when I could jog a bit.

On wards and upwards. :lol:

• Like 6

I got in a walk (which was much less pathetic yesterday) and then last night I did 3 rounds of squats/pulls/ and push-ups. I felt better yesterday than I have in 6 wks, I hope, hope, hope that I'm past this little set-back. Today my aim is another walk and some light yoga. I've not been making it to classes (1) there haven't been any night classes until this week and we've been busy with school during the day and (2) I've just not felt that good and I've been happy just to have energy to get through the day which didn't always happen. 

• Like 5

Slache, I hope you feel better.

Yesterday- 2 mile morning walk, then 5+hours on the mat for both work and my classes. 

Today- co-op day and tonight one martial arts class.  Wish I could squeeze a run in or some katas but doubt it will happen. 

Love the colder weather.

• Like 7

Can I join in? I'm just recently trying to get fitter, and managed a mile of brisk walk/ shambling "run" this morning and yesterday morning, now that summer has broken and it's possible to be outdoors. Feels pretty good.

Dh thinks I should join the nearby gym or Y for the endless summer months when swimming is the only option; but I've never been to a gym and can't even figure out from the classes offered what I'm looking for.

• Like 7

Welcome, Violet Crown.

Didn't make it to yoga tonight - was meant to try out (another) new class, but was feeling a bit flu-like and shaky.  Not sure what to think about this - I keep having flu-like symptoms that come and go (congestion, shivers, weakness).  I suspect that it's stress and that it will pass.

Anyway.  Will take the dog for a gentle two miles.

• Like 2

Get well soon, Slache! I know I had a sinus thing last week and it kicked my butt a bit I'd get fevery feeling for a bit after it seemed to have past. 

I did get in a walk yesterday, ya!

Today is another walk and bodyweight work- I'm aiming for 3 rounds of push/pulls/squats.

• Like 4

He's great with dh because he runs faster than I do. I think part of it was the fact that the kids were off in front on their bikes, and he really wanted to catch up. He does need better leash manners, though.

If you run faster than molasses on a cold day, then you can borrow him any time. You'd do fine, lol. ;)

• Like 2

I couldn't finish my workout yesterday. I'm more ill than I realized. See you next week! Hopefully...

I hope you feel better.  

And Laura, you too!

My teen dd and I went to the Intro Krav Maga class Monday.  Well, that totally stomped me.  Luckily it's a review week in the Beginners class, so it probably was the best time to try.  I felt like a total wimp, you know those dreams where you just hit at the speed of a snail and just as gently?  :lol:  But it was fun.  We are signed up for one month before we move.  My dd actually jammed her toe during class just while running (!) so we aren't going back until tomorrow so she has time to feel a little better.  

I finally got my child bike seat, so 4.5 miles on Sunday and another 7 miles today.  I'm not walking very much according to my fitbit, despite spending every day at the zoo or museums for hours and hours.  I think maybe it's messed up.  

• Like 5

I couldn't finish my workout yesterday. I'm more ill than I realized. See you next week! Hopefully...

That's too bad. I'm in the same boat, but I'm not even attempting any work-outs or walks. Getting downstairs for my coffee in the morning is my exercise for the day. I'm really hoping this flu/cold thing goes away very soon. 

I had to drop out of my competitive tennis match today, too, which was a disappointment. 

• Like 3

Get well everyone!

Mommymikies- Krav Magra fascinates me.  

Last night: got to roll, on the end of the MMA work day- boy am I sore and out of coffee.  

This morning: 5K walk with dh, that I really just wanted to sleep through.  Tonight: double MMA classes and then kettle bell class.

Since school started I've not figured out how to get core work or Kata practice in.  I hope I get a better routine going soon.

• Like 3

Didn't make it to yoga tonight - was meant to try out (another) new class, but was feeling a bit flu-like and shaky.  Not sure what to think about this - I keep having flu-like symptoms that come and go (congestion, shivers, weakness).  I suspect that it's stress and that it will pass.

Anyway.  Will take the dog for a gentle two miles.

Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Nice to know that the cold/flu thing is spanning the Atlantic! Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Like 2

Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Nice to know that the cold/flu thing is spanning the Atlantic! Hope you're feeling better soon.

I hope you do too.  Mine have been coming and going for weeks, and I'm wondering if they are related to a medicine I have to take for a month: the possible side effects include everything under the sun....

• Like 1

That's too bad. I'm in the same boat, but I'm not even attempting any work-outs or walks. Getting downstairs for my coffee in the morning is my exercise for the day. I'm really hoping this flu/cold thing goes away very soon.

I had to drop out of my competitive tennis match today, too, which was a disappointment.

I'm sorry.

• Like 1

I hope you do too.  Mine have been coming and going for weeks, and I'm wondering if they are related to a medicine I have to take for a month: the possible side effects include everything under the sun....

For weeks - no wonder you're wondering what's going on. That's not fun. Do you have any seasonal allergies, or other allergies? I've got them, and the symptoms can effect me for weeks.

• Like 1

For weeks - no wonder you're wondering what's going on. That's not fun. Do you have any seasonal allergies, or other allergies? I've got them, and the symptoms can effect me for weeks.

No, no allergies that I know of.  Maybe something new.  That would be a pain.  We live in the countryside, and the pollen varieties are numberless.  I'll wait until I finish the medicine in a week or so, then see how things are.

• Like 3

Mommymikies- Krav Magra fascinates me.  

It's really cool.  I haven't done any martial arts since I was a kid and my dd has taken several years of aikido.  It's such a different style and fully about defense at all costs.  My dd has a habit of being too nice, so I think it's good for her to learn not to be nice to your attacker if you're truly in danger.  But we shall see. I know I just couldn't hit her when we were practicing.  The teacher kept telling me to hit harder and I'm like "She's my KID I can't hit her!" because my muscles just were not cooperating. lol

• Like 3

Everyone feeling under the weather-I hope you feel better ASAP.

I ran yesterday and today. I think I'll skip yoga tonight. I am so tired I'm nodding off waiting for ds to finish ballet. I teach yoga tomorrow morning and that may be all I do. I ink stress is probably wearing me down. I'm trying to avoid alcohol and pop for a bit but wine or Pepsi sounds pretty darn good. Oh, and I have two zits on my chin. Nothing like a 52 year old sharing acne cream with her 17 yo.

• Like 4

Everyone feeling under the weather-I hope you feel better ASAP.

I ran yesterday and today. I think I'll skip yoga tonight. I am so tired I'm nodding off waiting for ds to finish ballet. I teach yoga tomorrow morning and that may be all I do. I ink stress is probably wearing me down. I'm trying to avoid alcohol and pop for a bit but wine or Pepsi sounds pretty darn good. Oh, and I have two zits on my chin. Nothing like a 52 year old sharing acne cream with her 17 yo.

I didn't ever get teen acne.  Only adult.  :glare:

Krav Maga tonight.  It was ok.  Not quite as basic, a lot of us in the class actually seemed confused by new things (new teacher). But I feel like I got less of a workout than last time.  I got almost my whole 10,000 steps in.  I walk for hours a day straight besides normal around the house stuff, so I'm not sure how I don't get in the 10,000 even on zoo and museum days?

• Like 3

I didn't ever get teen acne.  Only adult.  :glare:

Krav Maga tonight.  It was ok.  Not quite as basic, a lot of us in the class actually seemed confused by new things (new teacher). But I feel like I got less of a workout than last time.  I got almost my whole 10,000 steps in.  I walk for hours a day straight besides normal around the house stuff, so I'm not sure how I don't get in the 10,000 even on zoo and museum days?

A lot of zoo and museum steps are more of a shuffle.  If there is no heel strike, pedometers often miss them. I find.  I bet the times when you are striding between exhibits is recorded.  If I am carrying a full cup of tea, no steps are recorded, because I am walking in a deliberately smooth way.

• Like 2