Menu

Celebrate with me...

Mama Geek

I've been doing low carb and over the last 2 weeks after stalling for a month I have only been eating meat, cheese, eggs, oil, vinegar, lettuce, green beans, and spinach.  I dropped 10 lbs in 2 weeks and am doing it 1 more week with dh.  I will move to a more flexible ketogenic diet after that, and try to leave the bread, and stuff alone that made me quit loosing. I am going with my dd, mom, and brother to the NC mountains this fall and I really want to do some easy day hiking with them and it will be so much easier with less weight.

• Like 1

About how many carbs are you taking in a day to be low carb?

I lost 10 pounds doing the 21 day sugar derox back in January... I've kept that off, but not lost any more....

Anywho- I'm trying my darndest to stay at 50g of carbs and below starting yesterday...

Just wondering what your level was :)

To loose the 10 lbs in 2 weeks it was closer to 10-15 carbs a day.  My dh didn't loose that much and the only thing we can figure is that he wasn't eating enough fat.  It took about 4 days before the weight started dropping.  40-50 grams a day is about what should keep you in Ketosis after you are good and into it.  

To loose the 10 lbs in 2 weeks it was closer to 10-15 carbs a day. My dh didn't loose that much and the only thing we can figure is that he wasn't eating enough fat. It took about 4 days before the weight started dropping. 40-50 grams a day is about what should keep you in Ketosis after you are good and into it.

Thanks!!

I hit 58g today... I guess I'll try to shoot lower :)

Congrats on being able to keep it up that long.... I've only been able to make it about a month before falling off the wagon....

• Like 1