Menu

Paleo funny

Stacia

We are currently GFCF, soy, preservative, artificial coloring free... I have family who are hard core vegan... I think the key on any of these diets is to stop trying to recreate  foods from your former life.

We are paleo but Bittman's molten chocolate cake[1] can be made with corn flour... maybe not be purely paleo <shrug>... corn dodgers can be easily turned into sugar cookies or chocolate chip cookies depending on spicing... A cobbler can be made with fruit and GF oats or corn meal... A delicious purely paleo desert can be made with baked fruit and either coconut milk or coconut icecream... fruit sorbet is also pure paleo...

If you are trying to go paleo and recreate every SAD, Standard American Diet, food... you are doing it wrong.

[1] http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014719-molten-chocolate-cake

Take the mushy chunks and form them into little patties of sadness.

Bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F, or just toss them directly into the trash because life is meaningless.

My favorite part--I laughed out loud. :laugh:

• Like 4

ROFL!!

It's true. I'm still in recovery from the 2 years we did the GAPS diet. Sheesh! I had to look up on the internet how to make a normal chicken and rice casserole the other day. I can roast a chicken like Julia Child, make broth to win a date with a Frenchman and ferment enough kraut to feed the Hessians, but I can't figure out a casserole. I'm seriously messed up.

• Like 6

Her blog is hysterical. Today's entry has me sitting here laughing and dh and ds are just looking at me and then at each other as if they're silently wondering if they need to take some sort of action. 

It probably doesn't help that I'm eating Ben and Jerry's straight from the carton as I'm reading her blog. 

• Like 3

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

In some respects, it's worked: being Paleo has killed my will to live, so I'm too sad to snack. My abs look pretty damn good, but I suspect that's from all the nights I spend wracked with sobs because I can't eat anything fun. I would take a selfie to show you, but this isn't Facebook and I'm not your misguided teenage niece.

• Like 2

Her blog is hysterical. Today's entry has me sitting here laughing and dh and ds are just looking at me and then at each other as if they're silently wondering if they need to take some sort of action.

It probably doesn't help that I'm eating Ben and Jerry's straight from the carton as I'm reading her blog.

Her writing reminds me of "Missing Missy" from the 27b/6 blog. :D

• Like 1