Menu

Scientists demonstrate the future affecting the past

Kathryn

So weird.

Reading about quantum mechanics always makes me feel like an ant with a tiny brain which will never be able to process the larger nature of the reality around me.

Which is frustrating, because I really, really want to know. :P

• Like 9

I keep reloading the website, but it seems to start in the middle of the article....  Is anyone else getting this?  

that is, after the item had passed through the first but before it struck the back wall. That task seemed insurmountable. But now that experiment has been tried out, and the results are rather mind-boggling.

I keep reloading the website, but it seems to start in the middle of the article....  Is anyone else getting this?  

that is, after the item had passed through the first but before it struck the back wall. That task seemed insurmountable. But now that experiment has been tried out, and the results are rather mind-boggling.

It's linked to page three.  You have to click to go back to page one.

• Like 1

Fascinating. I wonder if the particle somehow knows or senses what's coming ahead. I can think of many examples where people make decisions based on what they know (or believe they know) what will happen in the future.

But, the second grate wasn't there when it passed through the first. So, it could not "see" what would come next. That's what is so mind-blowing.

But, the second grate wasn't there when it passed through the first. So, it could not "see" what would come next. That's what is so mind-blowing.

Right. But we base the presumption that it couldn't see it because it was random to US. Holy cow. Maybe photons are just freaky smarter and have a crazy good sixth sense?

Just...

Yeah. Where's that Tardis...

• Like 3