Menu

Keeping rein on the "girls".....

mommytobees

Alright.....so, I have a growing problem.

I now realize the benefits of being a member of the Itty Bitty T*tty Club. I have never been outside the small classification. Even nursing, I only had a B cup. Right now, I am 30 lbs overweight and and just barely a 34B cup.

My DD14 is not so lucky! She has been blessed with larger boobs than myself and they are still growing. She is not pleased. She currently is a 32B and weighs about 105lbs. Oh, and if it matters, she's been menstruating for over a year.

Her boobs hurt. To the point that I actually asked her if she could be pregnant, because why else would they hurt. (She was highly disgusted and assured me that she isn't having sex with anyone--- "ewwww, gross".) 

Do bigger boobs hurt? Is this something I need to take her to the doctor for? Is this just because they are still growing? Is there something she can do about it? I've been suggesting that maybe she should wear a bra all the time, but she is resistant to that idea. Those of you more endowed than myself, does wearing a bra all the time help "carry" them? I never wear a bra, unless I absolutely have to.

Anyway, anyone with ideas, please chime in!

Thanks,

Kris

Do they hurt all the time or just around her period? If it is just around her period she needs to avoid chocolate and caffeine the week before it is going to show up.

If they hurt all the time it could be growing pains but worth mentioning to your doc.

• Like 1

It might be growing pains - I remember my chest hurting all the time when I was developing. I'm a 34C when I'm at my goal weight and a 36D at the moment and I'm not feeling any pain. I'm assuming she wears a bra during the day?

I wear this bra and think it's the most comfortable thing ever: http://www.hanes.com/onehanesplace/bra/shop-by-brand/bali-bra/bali-wirefree-bra-23782 

It isn't around her period, rather it is usually towards the middle to end of the day. No, she doesn't wear a bra during the day. I don't wear a bra around the house, so I've never required her to do so, which was one of the reasons I thought I'd ask here before insisting that she start wearing a bra all the time.

And.....I have to confess, I didn't realize you could get growing pains in the boobs. Again, one of those things I missed being small-chested.

Thanks!

Kris

It's probably growing pains/hormones, but wearing a bra during the day may help. It would certainly be worth trying to see.

I have always been on the larger side (up to 36DD) but any tenderness is usually related to my cycle. I do find that wearing a bra helps with that.

Since this is new territory for you, you might find this website helpful: http://frysauceandgrits.com/2013/08/bras-guide-how-they-should-and-shouldnt.html. She has lots of good information about finding a bra that fits correctly. Which is, of course, important no matter what your size, but perhaps more so if you've got lots to hold up. ;)

• Like 1

I would recommend having her wear a bra during the day. I had that same issue as a teen, and even now I'll get sore boobs if I go braless for more than a couple of hours (except when sleeping). Take her to get properly fitted, and try to find some bras that she feels are both comfortable and supportive.

Mine were sore quite often at that age. It was partly growing pain, and also just general sensitivity. If she's not wearing a bra, I could imagine that she could encounter a lot of chafing by the end of the day, depending on what type of material her shirt is made of. Also, on her small frame as they get larger... yes, it may be wise to wear a bra during the day. It's not just cosmetic, letting the girls hang free all the time can cause a lot of drag on your back and shoulders.

Those of us with large busts don't wear bras as a fashion statement.

Do you have any family members or close friends who could talk to her about the realities of being a larger bra-size woman?  Wearing a properly fitted bra now will make a huge difference.

No, I don't. But, after reading that Fry & Grits blog linked earlier up, I may take her to Nordy's and get her fitted by someone trained for it.

Thanks,

Kris

Yep, about the time I hit a B cup they would HURT with movement- the worst was going up and down stairs.  I would cross my arms or clutch by books to my chest as I took stairs in school because even with a bra they hurt.

Around the house I wear loose cotton sports type bras.  Something like these:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/15229196?productRedirect=true

They're cheap and more comfortable than going braless.  I even sleep in them sometimes.

The pain gets worse right around ovulation and about three days before my period.

I'm exactly like you.  No clue.  Mine hurt around that time, but they don't hurt otherwise.  I don't even really wear a bra these days.  Just a non supportive cami type thing.  And I'm also overweight at the moment.  When not...probably a piece of tape on each would do.  LMAO

• Like 1

I'm exactly like you.  No clue.  Mine hurt around that time, but they don't hurt otherwise.  I don't even really wear a bra these days.  Just a non supportive cami type thing.  And I'm also overweight at the moment.  When not...probably a piece of tape on each would do.  LMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  You are so right!!

Kris

• Like 1

Poor darling. It's a tough age.

She might not take this advice well, but... moisturizing supposedly reduces the risk of stretch marks. If she's getting big boobs, lotion up after a shower well. My mom and many women I know have stretch marks on their boobs.

Fun times.

I am at the far opposite pole of the Itty Bitty T*tty Club and my boobs do not hurt unless it's the week before my period and I'm in full-blown PMS.  I think your DD's issue is probably related to growing and puberty.  Although a bra during the day would probably help, B cup is really not big-boob league, so I doubt her size is the issue.  Growth and development is probably the issue.  Also, I doubt the size for her small frame is the issue because you do not mention her back/neck as hurting.  If I try to exercise vigorous/run/jump rope, I do need a really super supportive bra or they hurt, but I am assuming you are not talking about vigorous exercise here.

At only 105 pounds, I doubt that 32 is the right band size. She may need to be in a 30C or a 28D rather than a 32B.

While these are all sister sizes, you can only go up or down one size from where you should be and still get the support you need.

My oldest and youngest are both about 125 pounds and should be in 32 bands, but wear the sister size of 34 band because it is easier to get their cup size in that band size.

• Like 1