Menu

Experiences buying from Vitacost? Update in OP

marbel

Are they good to do business with?

I am a dedicated Amazon buyer, but the prices of certain products -- Bob's Red Mill to be specific - have gone way up. Ordering direct from Bob's carries way too high a shipping cost.  (Another thing I miss about living in Portland - the ability to go to Bob's!)  Vitacost seems to have good prices and decent shipping cost.

But how are they to deal with?  Is the stuff fresh, packed well, etc?  

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks!

PS: Or other sites that sell Bob's.  Our local stores carry some products, and can special order some, but for some reason can't order certain things. 

Update:  we received our first order last night.  It was well-packed and everything was fine.   Sell-by dates on products are two years out.  I did order enough to get free shipping plus I had a 10% off "first order" discount.  I'm sold!

Thanks for helping me out.

• Like 1

I've been very happy with Vitacost. Once we had an issue with them leaving a product out off an order and then it was sent to me free of charge. I think I also got a refund when a product *may* have caused hives. So I've been very pleased with its customer service.

ETA: They also refrigerate certain probiotics when other companies haven't.

• Like 2

I love Vitacost, and since I am in the same state as one of their warehouses, I get it next day or two days at the most. $49 gets you free shipping. The prices have always been cheaper than Amazon for the products that I buy.

• Like 1

I am happy with them for deliveries. I've been increasingly unhappy with the supplement companies that sell there, but that's not Vitacost's issue, it's the question of supplement regulation.

• Like 1

Update:  we received our first order last night.  It was well-packed and everything was fine.   Sell-by dates on products are two years out.  I did order enough to get free shipping plus I had a 10% off "first order" discount.  I'm sold!

Thanks for helping me out.