Menu

anyone else on "vacation"

SparklyUnicorn

Yes. Grandparents are coming in town this evening. I'm trying to cram as much school in as possible now because I know 10yo's brain will go flying out the window once they get here. Grandma already texted about crocheting. I wonder if I can get oldest to do BA while all she thinks about is knitting and her baby cousin. <eye roll> I know, I'm a tiger mom, but someone has to balance things around here. Lol.

We're taking today off. We've had a weird schedule lately with moving so I don't want to take a full spring break. But we have a bunch of fun stuff piled up: great books, videos, some crafty stuff, magazines, etc so we decided we would just catch up on those today. Maybe tomorrow too.

We are on our spring vacation this week and next week. It's nice but ironically we are up and out of the house everyday this week by 8 am to make it to Holy Week services (Orthodox Easter). We normally sleep in during school days until 9:30 or 10 am. I love that we are not hemmed in by a brick and mortar school schedule.

I probably don't count since I don't homeschool.  Just thought I'd mention that my kids are off b&m school this week, but they are attending theater camp which is 9am to 3pm.  Then they come home and do a little school work.  Their teacher gave them a folder full of science homework, including an experiment, and they have a test the day after they return to school.  Then they are supposed to do math facts and independent reading.  I am adding a little additional work, just because I am mean that way.  Plus they have more time for piano practice.

Some of their extracurriculars are on break this week, others are not.  Because Miss A has a broken toe, she can only do swim team this week.  Miss E is doing swim team and soccer.  We are skipping TKD because I'm not *that* mean.  :P

Oh, I meant to ask...what's the b word?

bored

yep...that's the b word

hate hearing them say that!

but you know what?  I'm bored!  I'm really flipping bored.  I've resorted to washing curtains and cleaning under furniture.  Which is boring.  BORING I tell ya!

shhhh don't tell my kids I said that

• Like 1

Public schools are on spring break this week but we chose to wait until the end of the month. DH and I are going out of town for three nights for our anniversary then so it will make a nice break from school. Downside is that the kids still will have all their afternoon / evening things to do still.

This week was supposed to be a light just school week but it hasn't turned out that way. We still have a lot of stuff coming up.