• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Whew!  I was out bringing the horses in from the turn-out pasture and was almost unable to function, my thoughts consumed -  "DOES.TEX.HAVE.PANTS.?????"

I feel much, much better now.

Thank you for wondering whether or not I have pants.

Sprained joints hurt like the Devil. Here, how about this, Tex:

valentine-candy-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thanks for this candy, too!

• Like 2

I think the more pressing question is whether or not Tex has "hair". How does her coif behave in an emergency situation?

Jean wears the pants around here.

:lol:

It kind of got in the way to tell you the truth!  It's hard to writhe around in the street with so much hair and dogs on leashes holding you back, you know?

• Like 4

I think I am ketchupped.

Hurrah for new jobs and thinking about new jobs. There are days that I sometimes want to be something other than a critterfixer, and then I think that I like critterfixing, and I think I'm halfway good at it, but paperbackwriter has a nice ring to it too...

:grouphug: to Tex, and a pox on defective ankles.

Aren't dogs a hoot? Everything is pretty much their favorite thing. Except for me. I am no dog's favorite thing. Except for a few goofy labs who don't know better.

Kittens are very cute, but we don't want them leaping on sprained ankles. My kitten is currently shoveling huge mouthfuls of food from a bowl that has her food but isn't her bowl. Because cat. Saw two fresh kittens today. Adorable.

On gardening without pants: I could garden without pants, were it not for the great diversity in stinging and biting insects in residence. Although I don't have a hive of bees right now, the bees that are here still land on me at various times of the day. So no pants is not a real good idea for me. And my dogs are not exceptionally trained. They jump on me. The cats are even less exceptionally trained. They jump on me with claws out.

No writing on my NaNo project today. However, I have to wait for some hours for DH to get home, and I might just make a cup of decaf, start up a little epic music and do a little writing tonight.

ETA: I have never had fabulous hair, but the hair I have is fabulous for what it is.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

(((Tex))) Sorry about the ankle.  You need to stay off of it and you need to keep ice on it.  (I know more about ankles than anyone should.)

Ikslo, Congratulations on your dh's new job.  Will you still be working opposite shifts?

Slache, wear whatever shoes you have to.  I wear Crocs all the time because it is just too hard to put socks on.  The dc know that it is really cold outside if I take five minutes to put on a pair of socks.

And summer babies -- by the end you can't even reach your feet to put socks on.  Just wear the sandals and call it good.  :)

• Like 2

The Canadian government saves money when people don't go to the doctor.

POLITICS.

I won't argue this one with you here. Imagine you are my beloved FIL or uncle making this comment. This is when mom stands up and yells, "ANYBODY WANT A DRINK?"

And the entire table stands up and walks to the other side of the room to get a drink. Uncle continues his diatribe for a short period of time... then gets up for a drink.

Come join us, political uncle who doesn't realize it's Thanksgiving and that therefore we will not discuss national health care systems.

You are pregnant though, so we don't hold it against you.

• Like 2

POLITICS.

I won't argue this one with you here. Imagine you are my beloved FIL or uncle making this comment. This is when mom stands up and yells, "ANYBODY WANT A DRINK?"

And the entire table stands up and walks to the other side of the room to get a drink. Uncle continues his diatribe for a short period of time... then gets up for a drink.

Come join us, political uncle who doesn't realize it's Thanksgiving and that therefore we will not discuss national health care systems.

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to get political at all! I was just worried about Tex.

• Like 2

POLITICS.

:huh:

So. 

DD has her bestie over for youth group night sleepover.  I lost track of my day, so they got Papa Murphy's for dinner.  Do they use the same crust on the stuffed crust pizzas as for the regular ones?  Because the stuffed crust crust seemed especially crusty and yummy.

Or I was just in the mood or something.

And I was just glad for a sound medical way to evaluate a sprain vs. a break at home. I'm all about doing what I can at home. I would almost always prefer to do that than get a doctor involved. I am a fan of the Ottawa ankle rules. I dislike unnecessary medical interventions for so many different reasons.

It's better. Not great but I can hobble without crutches now.

• Like 1

Currently in my amazon cart:

And the skylark sings with me

The teenage liberation handbook

The art of self-directed learning (dd saw and was interested)

Dd also saw Guerilla Learning, which is by the same author of the Teenage Liberation book. Considering purchasing that one as well.

• Like 4

How are the new flip flops?

Nifty. They're massage/recovery flip flops so I don't think one would wear them for hours on end, but I'm not a flip flop person so it's cool. Right now it's more of an I have a large, hard thing in my lower abdomen and tennis shoes are hard to put on sort of thing. Plus they're baby boy blue. ;)

• Like 5

Dh and dd are getting up at 5 am and leaving at 5:30 am for a race.

Ds (and I) have to get up at 6:30. 

I would give anything to be able to truly sleep in sometime without any interruption. 

And this is part of the reason that I have yet to sign up for a 5K.  They all start too early!!!

• Like 3

Currently in my amazon cart:

And the skylark sings with me

The teenage liberation handbook

The art of self-directed learning (dd saw and was interested)

Dd also saw Guerilla Learning, which is by the same author of the Teenage Liberation book. Considering purchasing that one as well.

I want these and this and these.

• Like 1

I'm a heavy library user. I cannot afford books and stuff so I borrow the books and buy the stuff.

Our our library sucks when it comes to homeschool resource books. I think they still have the 1st edition of WTM. Or maybe it's the 2nd. I periodically suggest books for them to purchase, but I don't always remember to do so.

Our our library sucks when it comes to homeschool resource books. I think they still have the 1st edition of WTM. Or maybe it's the 2nd. I periodically suggest books for them to purchase, but I don't always remember to do so.

That's a bummer, Renai.

We live in a very rural, sparsely populated county, but we have a fabulous public library.  It's one of the things that attracted us to the area.

I wouldn't be surprised if our library has every Sonlight and Ambleside Online title. It's great. And ILL is free.

• Like 1

I decided to go ahead and check our libraries for the books in my cart, for the hope ...

Teenage liberation - one book on order (I'll have it by Tuesday with Prime shipping, so...)

Guerilla learning - no

Self-direct learning - no

Skylark - no

A lot of the books they do have, I remember reading when I first started homeschooling 11 years ago. There are seven non-duplicated titles in the whole system. I keep my own library and loan out books.

ETA: And it's a 

Book booya-2.jpg

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7

We didn't use the library much until the dc hit high school.  Our house is like a children's library.

A few months after we started using the library, though, there was a newspaper article about how the library circulation had increased by more than 100 percent.  We take credit for a large portion of that.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 8

Our library has a great selection of reading books - I can find quite a few from Sonlight and other lists. It's the resource books that are lacking. When dd16 was small, we'd take a laundry basket full of books to return and leave with it full. Books that were repeatedly checked out, I finally purchased.

• Like 3

I'm really picky about books. It has to be really, really good for me to buy one. I probably only own 200 which is not very homeschooly of me. :blushing:

I have a real problem returning books to the library. So, in some cases it's cheaper for me to buy them from Amazon used books than it is to borrow them from the library and pay the late fees.
  • Like 4