Menu

Ignore this thread!

Also, I don't think I ever mentioned what happened with Matt in Indiana. Someone (you'll never guess who) went on and on about how I'm controlling him and I've made all the important decisions for the family and I've manipulated him into thinking he's the boss when he's really not and so on and so forth. She assumed it was the perfect time to have that conversation because I wasn't there. Well, it wasn't. He completely stood up for me, clarified that we've made decisions together and told her about some of his decisions that I didn't even like but went along with anyway because I'm a good wife. So there. :p

She was caught by complete surprise. I know she's tried to talk him into divorce before and I wonder if that's where she was planning on heading. I know she mentioned having a job lined up for him at the time and I'm wondering if it was her intention for them to just stay out there. It would explain a lot of her behavior since then.

I think we need to divorce your MIL. :glare:

• Like 8

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am back from the dentist.

I think I was able to dodge a root canal.  They put some calcium stuff on top of my root and then filled it as normal.

I need to go crash on the couch under a blanket and recuperate.  I had a bite block, a cheek block, a ton of gauze and other junk in my mouth besides the drill and the suction thing...it was unpleasant.

YOU DIDN'T READ THE WHOLE THREAD, DID YOU?!?

DENTALALERTDENTALALERTDENTALALERT!!! :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

(P.S.  :grouphug: , prairie. I'm sorry that you're hurting.)

• Like 3

I hate Slache's doctor. He needs a visit from some ticked off Elephant Ninjas.

Baby Stats:

1: 40 weeks, 7 1/2 lbs (boy, tall for age, now 6'4")

2: 41 weeks, 7 1/2 lbs (girl, average height/weight, now 5'4")

3: 41 weeks, 6 1/2 lbs (girl, small for age, underweight)

4: 39 weeks, 9 lbs (boy, average height/weight)

5: 38 weeks, 7 1/2 lbs (girl, average height/weight)

6: 41 weeks, 9 1/2 lbs (girl, tall for age, average weight)

Wait, what is this for?

• Like 7

Baby Stats:

Wait, what is this for?

You didn't say how much weight you gained with each.  I think we are trying to convince Slache that big belly does not mean twins or big baby, and small belly can mean big baby?  So in other words, it's a crap shoot and you get what you get and don't make a fuss?  Or don't worry, be happy?  Something like that.   

• Like 3

I'm reading The Complete Writer and having a total  :001_wub: moment. Can I use this without FLL? I wanted to begin grammar later. It's perfect for before IEW which is what I wanted to use.

This is an IEW comment; can't comment on The Complete Writer.

Much like AoPS vs. Saxon, I think that this is a "depends upon the learner" divide. As Jo is an AoPS learner, she is a Brave Writer writer.  IEW made us both want to gouge out our eyes.  Just something to consider before you invest a lot.

• Like 2

baby only - 40 weeks - 8 pounds, 7 ounces, gained 35 pounds

The attending was positive I would have a small baby. I said no, all the babies in my family are big.  She said nope, 6-pounder.     I said no, 8-pounder. She said I was too small for a 8-pounder. Between that and me being convinced I would make it through without meds (she said I'd never given birth before, I'd change my mind. I did not change my mind), she didn't like me much.  I think that is why she stabbed me with something right after I delivered the baby, when I was too tired to throw a fit that she was ignoring my wishes.  Oh, well.  She was right on that at least.  I was too tired to kick her like I wanted to.  LOL

BABY BOOYAH!!!

Yeah, here too. 

#1 40+1 - 6 lbs, 10 oz. I started out underweight and gained about 35 pounds.

#2 41+3 - 8 lbs, 10 oz. I started out NOT underweight and gained about 35 pounds. She was the first I pushed out. Everyone thought she'd be maybe 7 lbs and change. I'm really glad I didn't get an ultrasound, because I would have chickened out, lol.  :lol:  Anyway, there was this nurse who kept trying to say how I should have given birth...after I'd had the kid for a month already. We all just looked at her like she had two head.

This is an IEW comment; can't comment on The Complete Writer.

Much like AoPS vs. Saxon, I think that this is a "depends upon the learner" divide. As Jo is an AoPS learner, she is a Brave Writer writer.  IEW made us both want to gouge out our eyes.  Just something to consider before you invest a lot.

Someone actually gave me TWSS and I really, really, really like it. I was hoping to use it as a write across the curriculum type of thing so that will mean no investment on my part. I also plan to buy The Writer's Jungle, but no other Brave Writer components.

Eta: TWJ is $45 at HSBC :)

Edited by Slache
  • Like 1

I'm supposed to dental alert when I post about dental stuff?  No, I didn't read the whole thread. I totally stalked, and may have posted in the spring, but then we moved and I didn't join in until last fall. I missed whole months of the experience and haven't totally ketchuped. But I read like 600/860 pages...that's good, right?

• Like 5

Just prolonging the inevitable. :leaving:

Most likely.....  but I just paid for 15 cavities between my kids and I still need to pay for oldest to get his wisdom teeth out. I just made the last payment on his braces. It has been a $$$$ dental year. If I can put it off a bit, that'd be good.

And then I'm going to spring for sedation dentistry. Because I almost cried in the dental chair.

• Like 1

I'm supposed to dental alert when I post about dental stuff?  No, I didn't read the whole thread. I totally stalked, and may have posted in the spring, but then we moved and I didn't join in until last fall. I missed whole months of the experience and haven't totally ketchuped. But I read like 600/860 pages...that's good, right?

Yes. There are Dental Phobias here. You must post this:

************DENTAL ALERT****************DENTAL ALERT****************DENTAL ALERT*******************DENTAL ALERT*******

:lol:

OK. Not funny, but a warning must be posted.

And yes, you've read enough pages to be a part of us. :D

• Like 3

Baby Stats:

Wait, what is this for?

I dunno.  I just started it.  Now we are all reporting.  BTW, I did not say what my kids are now because they are all huge because we are huge people.  We are a race of Amazons.

• Like 4

Baby number 1. Boy 8 lbs. 1 oz. 21 in. Due May 21, born May 10

I gained about 60 lbs at least. 2 weeks after he was born I was at my prepregnancy weight.

Baby number 2. Miscarriage at 11 weeks.

Baby number 3. Girl 9 lbs. 10 oz. 21 in. Due October 8, born October 1

I gained about 70 lbs. I have never lost all of it.

Baby number 4. Miscarriage, very early, around 6 weeks.

Babies 5&6. Twins. Boy 6 lbs. 3 oz. 20 in. Girl 5 lbs. 8 oz, 20 in. Born at 37 weeks on Dec 19. I bet I gained 80 lbs.

I had to take progesterone all through the pregnancy. Apparently it was low and this is what was thought to have caused the previous miscarriages.

Baby 7. Miscarriage. 12 weeks. I was taking progesterone and still lost it.

I think people think I'm stressed when I'm really just irritated.

You keep saying that you fear you have twins when all evidence points to the contrary so that is why I called you anxious.  I think you are anxious about having twins and irritated by that doctor.  That is what I got from it, anyway.  But yes, you seem stressed about having twins.  But you aren't so it's all good.  :D

• Like 3

You didn't say how much weight you gained with each. I think we are trying to convince Slache that big belly does not mean twins or big baby, and small belly can mean big baby? So in other words, it's a crap shoot and you get what you get and don't make a fuss? Or don't worry, be happy? Something like that.

Ah. I can't remember. I would guess it was between 35 and 50 lbs for various ones. With my 5th, they were doing weekly ultrasounds and wanting to induce early "because she was going to be a huge baby." Nope. She came a couple weeks early. (When I was expressing doubts about inducing early, I suspect that my OB stripped my membranes during my exam - went into labor a few hours later.) She definitely wouldn't have been my biggest.

Took the youngest two kids to the dentist.  Kid 3 has a cavity in a rear molar.  Not a surprise.  Kids are expensive.  Now I remember why I don't go to the dentist.  I have a huge crush on the kids' dentist.  He is adorable, so sweet, and a dad of five.  His wife homeschools their kids.  I heart him.  He is a good dentist and really great with the kids, too.  

Went to the grocery store after the dentist.  A kid rushed me out too fast, and I didn't get any salad dressing.  He rushes me a lot.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

One kid is almost done with braces and cannot get his peg teeth fixed until he is finished growing because it can cause gum issues or cosmetic issues or something...I was not totally focusing, I don't think - so I was discussing this with Dr. McDreamy Dentist, and said he is likely  not done growing since we are all about 8 feet tall.*

I was very entertaining at the dentist, and they all laughed at me.  I had to confess that I am high on prednisone. :leaving:

*Ds, not McDreamy, in case I was unclear.  I think McDreamy is done growing.  He's about 40,

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 5

This is my last pregnancy post. I think I will have everything said I wanted to say earlier.

I absolutely love being pregnant. I never felt better. I was never sick. I had low blood pressure and couldn't work, but I always felt amazing when I was pregnant. I took care of myself, ate well (very well), drank plenty of water, took my vitamins, etc. I really think I could've had babies for ALL THE PEOPLE (not shouting, just emphasizing) if my body would've let me.

However, my baby bearing days are over, but Slache, I am so happy that your pregnancy is progressing well. Don't be worried or anxious. Find a different doctor. Enjoy the experience, each and every day. It will be over before you know it. Soon you will be buying prom dresses, tuxedo rentals, wedding flowers. Enjoy the moment. I say this not only for your sake, but mine as well. Ya know I love you. :wub:

• Like 7

My thoughts about twins: :D

My thoughts about finding out about a twin on June 13th: :svengo:

If you have twins, we will send you a $100 Amazon gift card as a way to ease the blow.  I am very confident, though.  Even from way over here in Texas.  ;)

Twins was one of my greatest fears.  I could barely handle one baby at a time.  It never got any better, either.  They were always like weird aliens who stressed me out.

• Like 3

This is my last pregnancy post. I think I will have everything said I wanted to say earlier.

I absolutely love being pregnant. I never felt better. I was never sick. I had low blood pressure and couldn't work, but I always felt amazing when I was pregnant. I took care of myself, ate well (very well), drank plenty of water, took my vitamins, etc. I really think I could've had babies for ALL THE PEOPLE (not shouting, just emphasizing) if my body would've let me.

However, my baby bearing days are over, but Slache, I am so happy that your pregnancy is progressing well. Don't be worried or anxious. Find a different doctor. Enjoy the experience, each and every day. It will be over before you know it. Soon you will be buying prom dresses, tuxedo rentals, wedding flowers. Enjoy the moment. I say this not only for your sake, but mine as well. Ya know I love you. :wub:

This is amazing to me, how you felt so great.  I never felt worse than when I was pg.  It was horrible.  I was so glad when it was over.  

• Like 3

Twins are amazing. I had one more thing typed that I just remembered. I knew which baby was kicking, moving, turning, hiccupping. They were distinctive. Little ds was on the lower left, and little dd was on the upper right, under my ribs almost. He moved and kicked a lot more than her. He still does. She had the hiccups more often. She is quieter than him and a lot less fidgety to this day. I believe they already had little personalities when I was pregnant with them.

• Like 5

I think that Slache is not anxious about twins, but anxious for twins.  I was like that with a couple of my pregnancies.  Two for the price of one.  But then baby was born and didn't sleep (only dd5 slept), and I was thankful that God only blessed me with one at a time.

(((Dawn))) 

• Like 3

I have friends who are identical twins.  Their mom didn't know she was having twins until the first one was born.  The doctor said, "There's another one!"  "Another what!?!?!"   :svengo:  :svengo: No worries, Slache.  The technology is much better than it was 40 years ago.  If you are having twins, you will know before June 13.

• Like 3

This is amazing to me, how you felt so great. I never felt worse than when I was pg. It was horrible. I was so glad when it was over.

I'm sorry you felt badly. Most of the time I hate to say how much I loved being pregnant and how amazing I felt. But I feel like I can tell y'all. :)

• Like 2

I'm sorry you felt badly. Most of the time I hate to say how much I loved being pregnant and how amazing I felt. But I feel like I can tell y'all. :)

I usually felt really good when I was pregnant, too.   :leaving:

I do not begrudge people feeling well when pg.  Not at all.  I feel like I paid up front with pg, and then I collected at the end because I am a champion birther - fast, efficient, safe, etc.  I have me some birthing hips. :lol:   I can also make milk to feed an army with no trouble at all and have leftovers.  So I'd rather the nine months of yuck followed by a good, fast birth and years of fabulous milk producing.   :laugh:

• Like 5

I have friends who are identical twins.  Their mom didn't know she was having twins until the first one was born.  The doctor said, "There's another one!"  "Another what!?!?!"   :svengo:  :svengo: No worries, Slache.  The technology is much better than it was 40 years ago.  If you are having twins, you will know before June 13.

The assistant coach of our bball team is in his early 50's.  He is the youngest of four boys and an identical twin.  His mother also received a "bonus baby" on the day of their birth.

ETA:  It's a bonus baby birth booya(h), and now I am so happy because alliteration is involved.

Now I have to get ready to go to open gym, where I sit and look at the young lads over my reading glasses to make sure they stay in line.  (Not my young lads - the young adult young lads.)

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 8

:svengo:

Good?  Good?  We strive for excellence here, missy!  :toetap05:

• Like 3