Menu

Ignore this thread!

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes for my Mom!  (She really does deserve them;  she's the best!)

(((Junie)))  Hope you're feeling better and more normal now!

Ugh.  Who said the word "taxes?"  WHO?  I don't think I'm working on mine today.  So there.  Best wishes to Susan and Jean as they work on theirs.

Dawn!  Did I miss your Panera report or am I so deep into alzheimers that we've had a whole conversation about what you got and I just don't remember it? 

Breakfast was great - spinach, mushroom and swiss cheese omelet at a breakfast pub with fantastic breakfast potatoes and great shop talk, home school style! 

TKD belt test is over.  We are home.  I should clean something.  But I probably won't. 

• Like 6

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am here.  And I am stewing.  Dh needs to give me one piece of information so that I can get over the next hurdle in the taxes.  Instead, he is watching stupid YouTube videos and drinking his coffee.  He knows I want this piece of information.  He's refusing to be hurried.  (Which I can understand.  But. . . get me the Stupid Information already!)

Sigh - while I wait I filled in one more piece of the tax puzzle.

And I paid my library fines.

And I read a Hemingwayesque piece that ds wrote for fun.

• Like 7

We went a Mexican panaderia (bakery) for breakfast this morning. We ordered whatever looked interesting--a pumpkin empanada, a flake pastry with guava filling, an eclair, a strawberry fritter, and....wait for it....a doughnut with chocolate frosting. We all had little bites of each other's stuff.  I think the local grocery store has a better pastry counter, but this was new and different and part of our effort to get ds to broaden his food horizons.

Our house is a wreck and I'm maybe hosting people tomorrow? Time to dig out.  

• Like 5

I am here.  And I am stewing.  Dh needs to give me one piece of information so that I can get over the next hurdle in the taxes.  Instead, he is watching stupid YouTube videos and drinking his coffee.  He knows I want this piece of information.  He's refusing to be hurried.  (Which I can understand.  But. . . get me the Stupid Information already!)

Let me guess.  Something died.  In the rain.  Alone.  :hat:

• Like 6

Stuck in candy selling hell in front of a small town grocery store with the fam.

Good times!

After I spent an hour editing my friend's paper, she said she sent me the wrong one. ????? I like her, but she is seriously pushing it!

Just to be clear and not to be confused, I always sent the right paper.

• Like 7

How did she get as far as grad school?

You'd be surprised how many get that far with that level of skill. When I did some grad classes with U of Phoenix a few years ago, we had to do group papers each week. It was the biggest stressor of my life, trying to edit a group paper. I had to keep each person's voice, but edit the he!! out of the grammar, punctuation, and word choice, so that it would make sense. I couldn't believe how those people made it so far. I didn't last long with that program, about 6 months (there were group projects every week, along with a personal paper).

• Like 3

Junie, sorry you aren't feeling well. I've never had a migraine, but I have sympathy for you!

Tex, I'll take a Twix, please! And maybe some m&m's.

Breakfast is done. We usually have breakfast burritos on Saturday. And my mom's orange tree is absolutely out of control (it is huge), so we had tall glasses of fresh squeezed orange juice this morning. Now, on to other things!

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes for my Mom!  (She really does deserve them;  she's the best!)

(((Junie)))  Hope you're feeling better and more normal now!

Ugh.  Who said the word "taxes?"  WHO?  I don't think I'm working on mine today.  So there.  Best wishes to Susan and Jean as they work on theirs.

Dawn!  Did I miss your Panera report or am I so deep into alzheimers that we've had a whole conversation about what you got and I just don't remember it? 

Breakfast was great - spinach, mushroom and swiss cheese omelet at a breakfast pub with fantastic breakfast potatoes and great shop talk, home school style! 

TKD belt test is over.  We are home.  I should clean something.  But I probably won't. 

We went a Mexican panaderia (bakery) for breakfast this morning. We ordered whatever looked interesting--a pumpkin empanada, a flake pastry with guava filling, an eclair, a strawberry fritter, and....wait for it....a doughnut with chocolate frosting. We all had little bites of each other's stuff.  I think the local grocery store has a better pastry counter, but this was new and different and part of our effort to get ds to broaden his food horizons.

Our house is a wreck and I'm maybe hosting people tomorrow? Time to dig out.  

Taxes make me crabbier than a pancake drenched in hot syrup. 

All of this breakfast talk is making me hungry!!  :)  That's a good sign, right?  

• Like 4

Dh also bought pan dulce this morning! We've known the owner to one of the Mexican panaderias since I was pregnant with dd16. My girls have basically grown up on her pan dulce (and also in the El paisano store, but that's a different store). We much prefer pan dulce to the over-sweet other stuff found elsewhere. I didn't always think so, though.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 3

I usually wait and file at the last minute.  But this year we have the FAFSA.  I've already filled the FAFSA out and sent it in but then they want you to amend it with the actual tax figures for this year so I'm feeling a bit of pressure on that front.

Dh tried to help me to  log in for this missing form.  The stupid computer says that our username and password are wrong.  I'm giving up and am going to go exercise at the Y. 

• Like 2

I usually wait and file at the last minute. But this year we have the FAFSA. I've already filled the FAFSA out and sent it in but then they want you to amend it with the actual tax figures for this year so I'm feeling a bit of pressure on that front.

Dh tried to help me to log in for this missing form. The stupid computer says that our username and password are wrong. I'm giving up and am going to go exercise at the Y.

That stinks. I will not gloat over my triumph. :D

• Like 2

My kids think you have to rent library books. Because I always have to pay a fine when we're there. But they think groceries are free because I use my credit card (which I can't do at the library).

:hat:

• Like 9

I'm not, really. Remember when I was talking about being audited? Well, the first time I e-filed it was rejected. That freaked me out a little. Thankfully, it turned out to be something simple. I hope it stays simple.

Last year someone hacked our social security numbers for a refund.  Fortunately I was able to prove to the IRS that we were the real people and they blocked the refund.  It helped our case that we had to pay.  Who would want to scam them in order to pay? 

• Like 4

You could make it educational.  Have them translate your posts into Spanish.  Or diagram them.  Or count them.  Or discuss the sociological implications of such a goal. 

As far as diagramming, I am a homeschool teacher failure. We did some a while back for a few months, and actually liked it. However, we did not continue. :leaving:  Translating posts would be an easy A.  :laugh:

• Like 3

As far as diagramming, I am a homeschool teacher failure. We did some a while back for a few months, and actually liked it. However, we did not continue. :leaving:  Translating posts would be an easy A.  :laugh:

I don't think that diagramming has to be done for a long time.  I'm impressed you've done any.  Dd14 and I are doing some for the first time now. 

• Like 3

We diagrammed infinitives used as adjective elements last week. That's much further into diagramming than I went.

ETA: Booyah could be diagrammed in so many ways: as an interjection, as a noun, as a verb...Booyah, the ultimate verbal!

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5