• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Sounds perfect!

Seriously. There are many great things about that house.

One guy was trying to get them to remodel stuff. DUDE, if they were going to remodel they would not put the house up for sale with a flipping fake gothic chandelier and the original oven with a goddamned flip clock. I mean for real, who are you kidding?

People are hilarious.

They look at what is essentially only not a fixer because the people were so tidy and meticulous, and then want a dream house. It's priced as a fixer, by the way. I was insulted on the owner's behalf and I don't even want to buy the house, LOL. But I do. I want a house.

It is too loud, though. You can't open the window without hearing other people driving to the mall.

• Like 2

I know, right???  We need to gorge ourselves on old yogurt and discount salads.

:laugh:

No, no, no.  I'm tired and it didn't come out right.

Step 1.  Throw out anything gross.

Step 2.  Look at what's left and pick the best thing.  Eat that.  Because no room.

I think it's time to go look in the fridge.

• Like 4

Clarification, because I don't know how to let anything go (not true, just this): The head of the organization sent out an email with three different dates asking people what would work for them. Our organization consists of one team - the one dh coaches. We have six families besides ours, plus the family who started the organization. This lady just said that no date would work ever due to us having pets in the house. This is how I feel about that response:

I think if all of my ITT friends could just say how rude it was I might be able to let it go. I don't mind people not coming due to whatever reason they have. I don't try to convince anyone of anything. Come or don't come. Eat or don't eat. But don't respond to an enthusiastic and gracious email with a one line, no explanation sentence. Just do not go there. I draw the line. I rest my case. I am dying on this mountain. :hat:

Sorry, what part of you have pets didn't you get? She or someone in her family is allergic. She doesn't owe you an explanation. You are being a tad microaggressive.

• Like 1

:laugh:

No, no, no.  I'm tired and it didn't come out right.

Step 1.  Throw out anything gross.

Step 2.  Look at what's left and pick the best thing.  Eat that.  Because no room.

I think it's time to go look in the fridge.

:lol:

Well, we ate gf pecan pie I bought because no room in the freezer.   :hat:

• Like 3

Sorry, what part of you have pets didn't you get? She or someone in her family is allergic. She doesn't owe you an explanation. You are being a tad microaggressive.

I am joking (mostly), thus the over the top you tube posts.  But yes, I think she could have added a sentence and been a bit more gracious in a small, co-op type situation we have going here.  Are you seriously taking me to task?

ETA:  I come here for support and to blow off steam.  If I want to put on body armour, I'll take it to the chat board.

Edited by texasmama

I'm sorry I can't like properly, I'm on my phone and it takes forever. Spoiled children are playing a computer game on my computer.

So, basketball games were played and won. House ended up looking decent. Friends came. Fun time was had by all. Except the cat who hissed at our friends repeatedly. Even pursued them to hiss at them. (Why didn't she just run off and hide like a normal psycho cat instead of a deranged psycho cat?). Anyway. Friends left and then toilet on 2nd floor overflowed. I think the 1st floor ceiling has stopped dripping (yay?) and I'm washing towels used in the clean up. yay me. not.

Oh that's bad. (((Lynn)))

• Like 2

I am joking (mostly), thus the over the top you tube posts. But yes, I think she could have added a sentence and been a bit more gracious in a small, co-op type situation we have going here. Are you seriously taking me to task?

ETA: I come here for support and to blow off steam. If I want to put on body armour, I'll take it to the chat board.

No, I was referring to the other thread where no matter what you say or do, someone takes offense. My response was a joke, too. They have allergies. They're special.

• Like 3

No, I was referring to the other thread where no matter what you say or do, someone takes offense. My response was a joke, too. They have allergies. They're special.

Well, I take freaking offense to your lack of a smiley or something to clue me in to you being funny. :lol:  I didn't read any stupid thread on microagression, and I don't even know what it means. :leaving:

And no one is more freaking special than me! :laugh:

I'm sorry I gave up drinking so early in life. :leaving:

• Like 5

Seriously. There are many great things about that house.

One guy was trying to get them to remodel stuff. DUDE, if they were going to remodel they would not put the house up for sale with a flipping fake gothic chandelier and the original oven with a goddamned flip clock. I mean for real, who are you kidding?

People are hilarious.

They look at what is essentially only not a fixer because the people were so tidy and meticulous, and then want a dream house. It's priced as a fixer, by the way. I was insulted on the owner's behalf and I don't even want to buy the house, LOL. But I do. I want a house.

It is too loud, though. You can't open the window without hearing other people driving to the mall.

Our first home was sort of like that.  The oven/stove was avacado green; kitchen was tiny.  There was grass-like wall paper in the dining room.  It only had one bathroom.  The closets were barely deep enough for hangers to fit.  The garage was detached, wood with double doors, not an overhead, garage door.  .  It really was a great house.  Better built than anywhere we've lived since. 

• Like 3

O.M.W.

I come HERE. To my HAPPY place. And there's nothing but magno-offenses, h8te, and general poopyheadedness.

And NO FREAKING TRIGGER WARNING.

I am a puddle of trauma.

[sob]

I'm going to bed. If I survive the night, I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Tomorrow. At Tara.

Flounce.

• Like 4

O.M.W.

I come HERE. To my HAPPY place. And there's nothing but magno-offenses, h8te, and general poopyheadedness.

And NO FREAKING TRIGGER WARNING.

I am a puddle of trauma.

[sob]

I'm going to bed. If I survive the night, I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Tomorrow. At Tara.

Flounce.

Shhhhh. We worked it all out before you even got here.

And now I've got that stupid "Don't Worry, Be Happy" song running through my head.

Sigh.  My poor brain.

It's like a round being sung between Right Brain and Left Brain.  Rosemary Clooney (see "Sisters" post above) and Bobby McFerrin.  Gah!

• Like 3

And now I've got that stupid "Don't Worry, Be Happy" song running through my head.

Sigh. My poor brain.

It's like a round being sung between Right Brain and Left Brain. Rosemary Clooney (see "Sisters" post above) and Bobby McFerrin. Gah!

I don't know who Bobby is (off to Google), but I love Don't Worry, Be Happy. And that song I'm Too Sexy.

Stuck in your head yet?

#payback

• Like 1

Did Tex insult me? I'm too tired to tell.

Went to Bed Bath and WTH is that to find a water bottle thinking they'd have something cool because coupon. They did but it was $27 so we left.

Target had exactly what I wanted for $14.99 and I had a $5 coupon, so booya. After we got home Matt promptly dropped my glass water bottle on the tile floor, but it didn't break. Then he pulled a muscle trying to open my prenatal vitamins. Not a good day for Matt. But we're home and I'm going to bed. Peace out.

• Like 5

It is. Why is channeling me something that makes you sad?

It wasn't a sad smiley. More like a wide eyed surprised smiley. I am smiley impaired. I tried to do a laughing smiley with Renai the other day and she asked why I was sad. It was a crying one and I didn't know it. I'm new with my iPhone smileys so epic fails happen a lot.
  • Like 3

Our first home was sort of like that.  The oven/stove was avacado green; kitchen was tiny.  There was grass-like wall paper in the dining room.  It only had one bathroom.  The closets were barely deep enough for hangers to fit.  The garage was detached, wood with double doors, not an overhead, garage door.  .  It really was a great house.  Better built than anywhere we've lived since. 

Yes, you can tell this house is solid. That's why I like the ramblers. These were houses built when this was still a little union town, built by the community for the community.

It's really that it was built on a street that was once behind a main-ish street at the edge of a medium-sized suburban "city", but which has become the second-largest main thoroughfare in one of the fastest growing suburban cities in the country. If it weren't for that noise the house would be sold today I'll bet. It still might go. We might buy it. It's a good deal because of the noise.

• Like 1

It wasn't a sad smiley. More like a wide eyed surprised smiley. I am smiley impaired. I tried to do a laughing smiley with Renai the other day and she asked why I was sad. It was a crying one and I didn't know it. I'm new with my iPhone smileys so epic fails happen a lot.

Whenever you send me a crying smilie I just figure you are laughing.  BTW - your dd sends me the exact same smilies!  :lol:

• Like 4

And now I'm awake. I seriously need to restart my exercise routine so I can sleep all night.

Sorry you're irritated, Tsuga.

Two of my ITT sisters are absolutely no help when it comes to exercise machines. I liked their posts anyway. I may have been convinced to look at gym memberships. No, that wasn't the highest vote. Sigh.

• Like 3