Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!  I slept in until 6:30.  Woo-Hoo.

Susan, Elephant Ninja throat punchers at your sevice.  What the heck?  Defective y chromosome?

Tex, I'm so impressed with your self-control.  I think sitting behind fans would have inspired me to join them in vocalizing displeasure at the calls. 

I have Lamb's and Nesbit's Shakespeare.  Maybe I will add some after Christmas. 

Renai, cyber sales are only a couple days away now, but I highly suspect they will not benefit the two carts I have filled on two currently opened tabs.  Because I'm optimistic like that. 

• Like 4

Lynn is awesome!

I am awake. I think I have sympathetic headache syndrome. (((Dawn)))

I don't know where I'd be without my elephant ninja posse. Probably curled up in a ball in the corner of my closet. :D

It is Wednesday Prep Day! Must make pumpkin pie, mix together 2 casseroles, make the salad dressing, and check on the turkey's thawing progress. And go to the store and library.

• Like 4

:iagree:, Lynn is awesome!

:grouphug: Susan. So sorry for the headache.

Mine is better.:hurray:

Way to go Texasmama. Woo hoo, great self control. So, did they win? Or did I miss it as I was reading last night half awake?

Yeah, gift giving idea website would be great. I am lost.

Today, I have to shower, go to store, go to rehab and visit thil, and try to figure out about tomorrow. SIL is having thanksgiving for dh's family, but it is in a barn with heat. But still, a barn????????? It is a long story. The twins still coughing so I don't know.

• Like 5

Good morning. Happy Wednesday.

I have to buy more pie and whipped cream because I've already eaten most of it since Saturday.

Also, here's a non-sequitur that will either make you angry or that you'll completely ignore: I loathe the "DD", "DS", "DH" abbreviations on parenting and family forums across the internet. It just reeks of Stepford Family forced pleasantness to me. Why am I alone in this?!

I did no latch hooking last night because I got a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront. This game is not healthy for me. So many hours already... omg. I can't believe that graphics like this are even possible on a gaming console. Kids today are spoiled. :-P

It's going to be a latch hook happy Thanksgiving, and then on to the soldering wires onto a glove while I wear it (to make sure everything's positioned correctly and fits right it really can't be... uhh.. flaccid.)

Oh and I accidentally served the frozen peas I had meant for peas and onions with dinner last night. I can't wait to see what sort of disaster zone my local grocery store looks like a part of when I get there in a couple of hours...

• Like 2

Glad you are feeling better, Dawn. My significant other went out to the store to buy me some Gatorade in case I am dehydrated. I DO feel a little better already! I heart my husband, who, despite having the middle name Wayne, is not a notorious murderer. (That was for you, Mark. I took out the "dee aitch". :D)

Mark, Next time you will know to buy at least double the expected pie-need quantity. Plus you need extra for breakfast on Friday. It's a real thing and recommended by ITT!

P.S. I will grab any frozen peas I can find you. It is important to work in teams over the holidays.

Glad you are feeling better, Dawn. My significant other went out to the store to buy me some Gatorade in case I am dehydrated. I DO feel a little better already! I heart my husband, who, despite having the middle name Wayne, is not a notorious murderer. (That was for you, Mark. I took out the "dee aitch". :D)

Mark, Next time you will know to buy at least double the expected pie-need quantity. Plus you need extra for breakfast on Friday. It's a real thing and recommended by ITT!

P.S. I will grab any frozen peas I can find you. It is important to work in teams over the holidays.

P.P.S. I managed to quote and edit myself at the same time. I think I should get extra bonus points!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Awwww, Susan. What sweet Dh!

Eta: my dh has the middle name Wayne as well. And dh is not a notorious murderer either. :hurray:

(I added a couple more dhs just for you, Mark.):D

My dh finally came home 2 and a half hours late last night. It was ok because dh was getting a new kitchen table and chairs. However when I feel bad, it seems dh is always somewhere else. Dd16 is going to the mall today with her friend. Ds20 is home and doesn't have to work until Saturday, I think. Little dd and ds are awake. Should I keep little ds and Dd home tomorrow or go to thanksgiving in a barn?

(:D, Mark, I wasn't going to post, but I had to.:D)

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 7

Mark, if it helps, just think of them as standing for something else. DD can be Dippy Donna, you know? DH can be...well, use your imagination. Because honestly, I'm not sure the Internet cares that it annoys you.

#suckitupcupcake

😆

I've found kindred spirits, so I'm not totally disillusioned. Sorry, but I read any post that includes those as coming from the mouth of some Donna Reed/Pleasantville type. :P

• Like 3

I've found kindred spirits, so I'm not totally disillusioned. Sorry, but I read any post that includes those as coming from the mouth of some Donna Reed/Pleasantville type. :P

But wouldn't that type just use their real names since everything in their alternate reality is peachy-keen with nothing bad ever occurring? No need for anonimity.

• Like 3

#parentingfail

#weloveyouanyway

Ds15 has tried over and over to get her to watch Star Wars with him; so far, she has shown no interest.

And my sister was appalled when I said that I might require her to watch it for homeschool.  Last year, ds15 did a History of the 20th Century class.  I don't know how you can adequately cover the 70s without watching Star Wars.

• Like 7

Ds15 has tried over and over to get her to watch Star Wars with him; so far, she has shown no interest.

And my sister was appalled when I said that I might require her to watch it for homeschool. Last year, ds15 did a History of the 20th Century class. I don't know how you can adequately cover the 70s without watching Star Wars.

Maybe if you tell her it will help her when she starts dating? Even the worst date can be salvaged enough to get through by arguing about which movie was better. Better than silence. (Yes, this happened to me once.) :)

• Like 5

Maybe if you tell her it will help her when she starts dating? Even the worst date can be salvaged enough to get through by arguing about which movie was better. Better than silence. (Yes, this happened to me once.) :)

She is still a young 13.  If she hasn't watched it by age 16, I might play this card.

• Like 3

Empire is clearly the best movie.

• Like 2

But wouldn't that type just use their real names since everything in their alternate reality is peachy-keen with nothing bad ever occurring? No need for anonimity.

My response to this is mixed and would definitely offend so I'll remain uncharacteristically quiet on this one, though it pains me. :P

To be fair, I only have about 70% of my own wookiee costume. Massive quantities of latch hooking remain to be completed. D:

(Also c'mon wookiee is a descriptive term for the dominant intelligent species from the planet Kashyyk, not a proper noun. Get it together!)

Edited by MarkW

We're not on a date, and you have your own Wookiee costume. I am soooo not arguing this with you.

To be fair, I only have about 70% of my own wookiee costume. Massive quantities of latch hooking remain to be completed. D:

(Also c'mon wookiee is a descriptive term for the dominant intelligent species from the planet Kashyyk, not a proper noun. Get it together!)

Let the wookiee win.

• Like 3

No.

Wookieepedia:Manual of Style - Wikia

Wikia › starwars › wiki › Wookieepedia:...

Mobile-friendly - In all sections of Canon in-universe articles, the word "human" is not to be capitalized, even though other sentient species (Twi'lek, Rodian, Wookiee, etc.) are. Note, however, that Star Wars Legends in-universe articles do capitalize the words "Human" and "Near-Human."

Let the wookiee win.

No.

Wookieepedia:Manual of Style - Wikia

Wikia › starwars › wiki › Wookieepedia:...

Mobile-friendly - In all sections of Canon in-universe articles, the word "human" is not to be capitalized, even though other sentient species (Twi'lek, Rodian, Wookiee, etc.) are. Note, however, that Star Wars Legends in-universe articles do capitalize the words "Human" and "Near-Human."

Ikslo, I wouldn't argue with Mark if I were you.  I fear for your limbs.   :sad:

• Like 1

So the new table and chairs was given to us by a sil. Not one of the clean freak, super fancy sils, but still fancy but extremely nice. The chairs are upholstered in cream upholstery!!!!! Ugh!!!!! I loved my old table with ceramic tiles on top and none of the chairs matched.:( You could go straight from the stove top or oven without a towel under it. Very user friendly and comfortable. This table is not user friendly, and comes with two leafs (or leaves, things you use to make it longer.) We have had our table since we built our house in 1998. I have raised all my babies (almost Ds20 was 3) on this kitchen table. I love my table. I don't do fancy. It is not me. I, like ikslo, am in a mood. I don't know what it is either.

• Like 3

:iagree:, Lynn is awesome!

:grouphug: Susan. So sorry for the headache.

Mine is better. :hurray:

Way to go Texasmama. Woo hoo, great self control. So, did they win? Or did I miss it as I was reading last night half awake?

Yeah, gift giving idea website would be great. I am lost.

Today, I have to shower, go to store, go to rehab and visit thil, and try to figure out about tomorrow. SIL is having thanksgiving for dh's family, but it is in a barn with heat. But still, a barn????????? It is a long story. The twins still coughing so I don't know.

They lost 50-45 but made a good showing.  The loss was at least in part due to bad refs.  The other team molested our point guard the entire way down the court for an hour and it was never called.  Ya can't do that, yo.  He's amazing, btw.  No one can guard him.  He does what he wants and goes where he wants, but the constant physical contact and jersey pulling must wear on him and affect his game even though he keeps a cool head.

Good morning. Happy Wednesday.

I have to buy more pie and whipped cream because I've already eaten most of it since Saturday.

Also, here's a non-sequitur that will either make you angry or that you'll completely ignore: I loathe the "DD", "DS", "DH" abbreviations on parenting and family forums across the internet. It just reeks of Stepford Family forced pleasantness to me. Why am I alone in this?!

I did no latch hooking last night because I got a copy of Star Wars: Battlefront. This game is not healthy for me. So many hours already... omg. I can't believe that graphics like this are even possible on a gaming console. Kids today are spoiled. :-P

It's going to be a latch hook happy Thanksgiving, and then on to the soldering wires onto a glove while I wear it (to make sure everything's positioned correctly and fits right it really can't be... uhh.. flaccid.)

Oh and I accidentally served the frozen peas I had meant for peas and onions with dinner last night. I can't wait to see what sort of disaster zone my local grocery store looks like a part of when I get there in a couple of hours...

I agree about the abbreviations, but I am used to them.  It is what it is.

Mark, I figure ds, dd, dh are just quicker ways of typing.  I'm a little confused on how to make ds plural without making it look like dear step son.  I suppose "d" is better adjective than "x."  LOL. 

In this case, I would advocate the overused apostrophe for clarity.  Ds's.  Imperfect but permissible.

ONLY ONE MONTH UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!

That is all.

Now I have to know your plans.  Also, where are your dd's located?  These are things I suddenly need to know.

• Like 4

So the new table and chairs was given to us by a sil. Not one of the clean freak, super fancy sils, but still fancy but extremely nice. The chairs are upholstered in cream upholstery!!!!! Ugh!!!!! I loved my old table with ceramic tiles on top and none of the chairs matched. :( You could go straight from the stove top or oven without a towel under it. Very user friendly and comfortable. This table is not user friendly, and comes with two leafs (or leaves, things you use to make it longer.) We have had our table since we built our house in 1998. I have raised all my babies (almost Ds20 was 3) on this kitchen table. I love my table. I don't do fancy. It is not me. I, like ikslo, am in a mood. I don't know what it is either.

Put it at the curb!  Ain't nobody got time for that.

I lived with a fancy dining room table for years because it was a gift from Nan.  Finally, we gave it back to Nan.  Now MIL has it.  Our homeschool area is the dining room so we do not need or use a table there.  

Don't let furniture become an albatross.  Kick that baby out!

(I haven't even had much coffee yet, and already I am bossing people around. :confused1: )

• Like 4

I have used up all my likes already and it makes me cranky.  Though to be fair, I was already cranky because my injection sites were hurting and kept me up most of the night. 

#sometimesthestrugglesucks

What injection did you get?

(I'm sorry I am clueless.  I spent all available energy yesterday on not going postal, as you know.)

• Like 1

I'm not overly invested in this war, but how can a TV show be compared to a movie franchise?

Star Wars was part of my childhood, as was Saturday Night Fever. :laugh:

Star Trek is not a "TV show".  For one thing, there were six different t.v. shows (original, next generation, an animated thing, deep space nine, voyager, enterprise).  And there were 13 movies. 

• Like 3

What injection did you get?

(I'm sorry I am clueless.  I spent all available energy yesterday on not going postal, as you know.)

i give myself allergy shots weekly.  Most of the time it puffs up a bit and itches but that's it.  For some reason I can't fathom (since everything looks fine when I look at it) the sites hurt this time.