Menu

Ignore this thread!

The orange was still in dh's Christmas stocking.  Oops.

Oh dear.  It's a Christmas Blooper Booyah!

Our thread. . .  
is a very very very fine thread  
with nice friends on the Hive  
we help each other to thrive    
and everything is cozy because of you! 

La-la, la-la-la, la . . .

Jean, 6/2023

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I made healthier granola today. Used 3 egg whites and 1/4 c maple syrup with 2 c oats, 1 c oat bran, and 2 c nuts. No oil, except sprayed the pan with canola spray. And no other sugars, just cinnamon salt and vanilla. It's nice and crispy. The kids think it is bland but that's good because it's my treat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

I made healthier granola today. Used 3 egg whites and 1/4 c maple syrup with 2 c oats, 1 c oat bran, and 2 c nuts. No oil, except sprayed the pan with canola spray. And no other sugars, just cinnamon salt and vanilla. It's nice and crispy. The kids think it is bland but that's good because it's my treat.

I love a crispy granola!

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

It's a little chillier this morning, but I suppose it's to be expected in February. I think I may start wintering at Slachey's.

Service was good this morning.  I was able to sit in on Sunday school and the lesson there was also good - today's teacher was one of dd21's favorite professors.

Nothing really going on today.  I may see if we can get a bit more Christmas stuff put away.  Ds19 has string quartet tonight and ds29 is going to the weekly game dev. get-together.

Little Pup actually laid down on floor in the living room.  For several minutes!  We've never seen him do anything but run, jump, wrestle, and play anywhere outside his crate.  

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re: makeup

I've started using this makeup that I got on Amazon - MagicMinerals airbrush foundation.  I like it and it's not super expensive.  

ETA: there's a promotion going on now so you can get the makeup and brush set for $14 or $15, depending on what shade you order.  I got "light medium" and it seems to be the right color for me.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

I bought This. It's the not the miracle I was hoping and I realized after using too much that I do have lines around my eyes and I shouldn't use too much because it makes them noticeable... never noticed before. So, I have been just dotting some of the peach and yellow in the corner and just a bit on the lowest part of dark circle, then I brush it in with the tiny brush I also ordered. It brightens a bit and doesn't look like I'm wearing anything so I'm happy. Today was day 2 of trying it.

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I woke up around 2am apparently determined to find the perfect linen/wool blend pashmina.  Fortunately I did not actually buy anything, but did discover lots of fabric wholesale companies around the world.  

I need to figure out how to get ds19 added to my health insurance policy.  That's what I really need to be doing this morning while dd17 takes her chemistry test.  We have all the usual Monday afternoon and evening activities today.

Coffee!

• Thanks 1

Good morning. 

COFFEE!!~D Has been drunk. I got up late this morning.  I've been sick with another stupid UTI. I did call the doctor. Apparently I don't need an appointment. I just need to go in, leave a sample and she'll call me back. That's nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

We are home from all the places.  The Two Pups are racing around like crazy, then stopping to bite each other's heads off, then dashing around the living room some more.

In other news, the plumber is coming tomorrow to check the downstairs shower which has had abnormally high pressure for a week and Needs Fixing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good morning. 

COFFEE!!~D Has been drunk. I got up late this morning.  I've been sick with another stupid UTI. I did call the doctor. Apparently I don't need an appointment. I just need to go in, leave a sample and she'll call me back. That's nice.

I has the medicine now. Apparently I am very sick.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/4/2024 at 5:35 PM, Dianthus said:

I bought This. It's the not the miracle I was hoping and I realized after using too much that I do have lines around my eyes and I shouldn't use too much because it makes them noticeable... never noticed before. So, I have been just dotting some of the peach and yellow in the corner and just a bit on the lowest part of dark circle, then I brush it in with the tiny brush I also ordered. It brightens a bit and doesn't look like I'm wearing anything so I'm happy. Today was day 2 of trying it.

I'm impressed that you were able to figure out what to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

I'm impressed that you were able to figure out what to do.

I watched many YouTube tutorials and learned that if I completely cover the dark circle, it will make my eyes look smaller, require more product and get cakey and overall look unnatural. I don't want to have foundation so this tiny bit can blend into my skin, just trying to cancel/brighten the circles. I used a cotton swab. I should probably buy some makeup specific tool, but used a swab to dot about 5 or 6 dots around eye. I bought the palette because I wasn't sure what color would correct. I feel they are purple which should need yellow but the peach covers better so I'm glad I have options. Trying to blend with my finger did not work as well as the little brush. It blended best when brushing away from my eye not up into eye. It doesn't cover, just minimizes. I don't have bags yet but there were interesting methods to minimize those as well.

Edited by Dianthus
  • Like 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Tuesday!!

School for some, work for others.

Still feeling pretty carpy, but hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon.

It rained all night, but we’re not getting nearly the weather that it seems like the entire rest of the state is getting.

• Like 2

Good morning!

The plumber is coming probably late this morning, ds19 may or may not have a cello lesson (his teacher sometimes travels to another Large City to play in their orchestra and so the lessons are rescheduled), and other people are doing lessons and working etc., etc.  Both pups are napping.  Little Pup pooped on the rug because dd17 took him potty and didn't let him stay outside long enough. 🙄  

Dd15's throat hurts this morning.  Probably sinus issues.

Coffee!

In other news, the plumber came and checked some things out and said there is nothing wrong with our plumbing; the city has probably just increased the water pressure because of all the construction and it just happened to coincide with The Big Freeze.  So we can get a water pressure reducing valve if we want but it's not super necessary.  He didn't charge me anything for coming out. 😊

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It rained all night, but we’re not getting nearly the weather that it seems like the entire rest of the state is getting.

It rained all night the day I left; the weather, it was dry.  The sun so hot I froze to death...

😂

Ran out of likes halfway through ketchuping. Consider yourselves liked.

I have never made candles and have never gone tent camping. I would be willing to do either, depending on who was willing to do it with me

• Thanks 1

Good afternoon!  Yay, we're back!

I FORGOT to drink afternoon coffee yesterday and so woke up too early with a Large headache.  It's all better now.

We are about to start storytime.  We are reading "When Pople are Big and God is Small by Edward Welch.

Since I couldn't consult you all, I went bananas and signed up for both the Maine Fiddle Camp (June weekend and the following June week) AND the Nashville Old Time String Band Association's "Breaking Up Winter" music festival (the first weekend of March).

I blame you all if this goes badly, lol.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Two Youngest and I went to a church ladies thing they were having - desserts and flower arranging.  Everyone was given a bouquet of flowers and a flower shop lady gave a demonstration on arranging them in a vase.  Someone made these amazing peanut butter chocolate brownies.  She promised to send me the recipe.

Meanwhile I am driving everyone nuts with my Maine Fiddle Camp tune Spotify playlist and tune practicing with the Strum Machine app.  

I have a new favorite tune: Forcalquier

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

School and work!!

Rain has quit for a while. we had a pretty good storm yesterday.Kept the kids in during playtime at Wednesday night church, but that was fine. We have a pretty nice variety of table games, etc. I heartily enjoyed myself with the Bristle Blocks.

• Like 4

Some of you already know this, but for those of you who don’t: I asked my husband for a divorce. And I tell you all only to come here to complain about opposing counsel and the games lawyers play. Like meet the deadlines and file the financial paperwork already. I have not mentioned to STBE that his lawyer missed the deadline. It was Monday. Opposing counsel has now received a letter asking for it or we file Motion to Compel. I hope we have to file the motion. I hope they look bad to the judge. I don’t look forward to years of having to pay alimony.

DS is fine with it all, btw. 

That is all.

• Like 4

Ikslo, may your attorney be the Ninja Elephantiest and may everything be resolved to your satisfaction.

We finally got the College Board to track down DS's PSAT score from the fall and he did great, whew! And I remembered to bring the scout health form to his physical so we'll have it for summer camp.

I wish somebody from the ITT staff would make it out this way. The housework is not looking good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

Ikslo, may your attorney be the Ninja Elephantiest and may everything be resolved to your satisfaction.

She is awesome. She is very much an honorary Ninja Elephant. 

I hope everything is resolved to my satisfaction, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ikslo said:

I hate shopping for mattresses so if anyone wants to give me input on what I want to buy, that'd be fantastic. So. many. options.

My Nectar has been AMAZING for my pain. I recommend them even to non pain people. There is a money-back guarantee, but they are a very expensive purchase. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Slache said:

My Nectar has been AMAZING for my pain. I recommend them even to non pain people. There is a money-back guarantee, but they are a very expensive purchase. 

Do you have the foam or hybrid?