Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!

Hot!!!🔥🔥😩😩☀️☀️😩😩😊🔥😩☀️😩🔥 The news said yesterday was 16 days straight over over 100 degrees. Woohoo!! Summer in Central California.

DD1 goes to the allergist this morning for a check up. I need to run to the AFSA after that to get some backing for her quilt and middle DD’s quilt.

Oh boy, I get the Booya/h!l it’s a Quilting Booya/h for your Humph Day Morning!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

Good morning!

That’s weird to have an AFSA close down.

I brought dd13 to choir camp then went to Aldi and the dollar store.  Most of the groceries are put away.  I have s couple things to take care of here and then I need to pick up dd13, have her eat an early dinner, and then take her (out to) the ballgame where her choir is singing the national anthem.  Then home and possible grocery shopping for the weekend scout canoe trip.

Coffee!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

That’s weird to have an AFSA close down.

I brought dd13 to choir camp then went to Aldi and the dollar store.  Most of the groceries are put away.  I have s couple things to take care of here and then I need to pick up dd13, have her eat an early dinner, and then take her (out to) the ballgame where her choir is singing the national anthem.  Then home and possible grocery shopping for the weekend scout canoe trip.

Coffee!

Other locals must hate it as much as we do.  Plus we have a million other options here. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We gave Bunny Hazel's cage a thorough cleaning and new carpet (small rug strips) that I found at the dollar store.  I am trying to remember where I put the air purifier and refrigerator water filters.

In the hall closet by the snow boots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Last load of laundry is in the dryer.  Of course, other than a few hang-up items, it's all piled in baskets to be sorted and folded.   I'll do that tonight (probably).  

Two more days of camp, then Saturday we are off to Connecticut.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!

I slept like a log last night. Benadryl. 

Not much going on today. Quilting. Tonight is our last River Life for the summer. Our church has a little service down by the river. That will be nice. It’s gonna be another hot one today, too. Nothing under 100 degrees in the 10-day forecast.☀️☀️🔥🔥😩😩

• Like 3

After breakfasting, watching "Selfless," and napping a bit, I have decided to brave the sun that wants to kill me, and go to Sam's. I need eggs, and Sam's has the best price on pasture-raised eggs, even though they are kept in a case in a freezing-cold room with signage that says "Dairy." Yeah, there's butter and some other actual dairy, but--pay attention--eggs are NOT "dairy." Surely, TPTB could have done "Dairy/eggs,"  don't you think?

Anyway.

• Like 3

On 7/27/2022 at 8:29 AM, KrissiK said:

Hot!!!🔥🔥😩😩☀️☀️😩😩😊🔥😩☀️😩🔥 The news said yesterday was 16 days straight over over 100 degrees. Woohoo!! Summer in Central California.

We did it for over 30 consecutive days one year here in Central Texas. I'm thinking it might even have been 90 days, but I try never to share false information [FB sarcasm; if you know, you know.]

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Ellie said:

After breakfasting, watching "Selfless," and napping a bit, I have decided to brave the sun that wants to kill me, and go to Sam's. I need eggs, and Sam's has the best price on pasture-raised eggs, even though they are kept in a case in a freezing-cold room with signage that says "Dairy." Yeah, there's butter and some other actual dairy, but--pay attention--eggs are NOT "dairy." Surely, TPTB could have done "Dairy/eggs,"  don't you think?

Anyway.

This is why when I tell people that dh can't have dairy, they try to keep me from getting something with eggs in it.  Drives me nuts! 

• Like 4

Made it back from getting those dairy eggs.

Also, made a quick stop to have my car's oil changed. Mr. Ellie would do it, but y'all, it's stinkin' hot out there, and I think he has earned the right to pay $40 for someone else to change the oil, KWIM?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This week's camp is crazy.   Half the kids don't follow instructions, cheat at games (blatantly and continue after being called on it), get into things they aren't supposed then lie that it wasn't them until I point out there are cameras and I can just check, then they "remember" that it was them.  

Today I made the mistake of making galaxy slime with them.   I have made slime with groups of 40 kids and had less of a mess.   Including overly wet slime (they didn't pull the solid stuff out of the leftover liquid, just dumped it all on the table) that dripped onto the floor that they then purposely stepped in to slide around, then walked all over the carpet.   And someone used a stuff turtle to wipe slime off their shoes.  

I'm exhaused.

There's one more day of this camp.   I think we will be doing no messy activities.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Camp Clean-up day!

So the scout canoe trip has been cancelled due to the likelihood of thunderstorms.  Some of the food can be saved until it's rescheduled, and the rest we'll just eat.  So now that there is nothing going on tomorrow, the girls' scout friend is going to come over again to hang out.

I think we got a couple inches of rain, primarily because I watered all the flowers outside yesterday, lol.

• Like 4

Ok, Slache said that she watched "Free Guy" so I decided it was safe, and I watched it tonight. Not bad. I think there was only one swear word, no gratuitous s*x, no real violence (all over-the-top, obviously not real). I'd give it a 5.5.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ellie said:

Made it back from getting those dairy eggs.

Also, made a quick stop to have my car's oil changed. Mr. Ellie would do it, but y'all, it's stinkin' hot out there, and I think he has earned the right to pay $40 for someone else to change the oil, KWIM?

Yes, he earned the right to lay someone to change his oil. Even if it wasn’t hotter than heck outside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Y'all got any snacks?

I got chips and salsa. Best snack in the whole world. Well, actually, it’s store bought salsa, not homemade, which would make it really the best. But good enough. My tomatoes have been stunted due to the heat. No homemade salsa here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Camp Clean-up day!

So the scout canoe trip has been cancelled due to the likelihood of thunderstorms.  Some of the food can be saved until it's rescheduled, and the rest we'll just eat.  So now that there is nothing going on tomorrow, the girls' scout friend is going to come over again to hang out.

I think we got a couple inches of rain, primarily because I watered all the flowers outside yesterday, lol.

There are flash flood warnings in most of our state. Monsoon season. On top of a 341,735 acre burn scar to our east, it's not going to be pretty.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Good Morning!  It's Friday!!    YIPPEEEEEE!

I'm glad this camp is over.   I'm not glad I have to do the deep clean after this camp sometime before leaving tomorrow for our camping trip.  I tried to hire one of my usual cleaning people to do it this week (and the weekends between my last three camps) because I just haven't been able to keep up with it.  But she's also away all week so couldn't do it this time.  She will do the weekends between my last three camps, which are back-to-back, so that will help.  

We're heading up to Mystic Connecticut to go to the aquarium, shop, the Seaport Museum, shop, dh is taking a fishing trip while I shop.  And just relax.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

We're heading up to Mystic Connecticut to go to the aquarium, shop, the Seaport Museum, shop, dh is taking a fishing trip while I shop.  And just relax.  

My homeland! (Profile pic is from near there.) Enjoy.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Renai said:

There are flash flood warnings in most of our state. Monsoon season. On top of a 341,735 acre burn scar to our east, it's not going to be pretty.

Ds's crew should be heading back to base camp this morning.  Haven't heard a peep from them since Monday.

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Friday!

I've gotten a lot done this week.

I had a mammogram yesterday and the results were good.  I stopped at the grocery store after the mammogram and when I got home the results were already in my email inbox.

I also scheduled several other doctor's appointments and solved prescription issues with two different doctors.

And dd17 and I have almost finished the shopping we needed to do before she goes to college.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Baby has new glasses!

The weather here is lovely to look at (blue sky, plants flowering, birds busy with activity) and dreadful to experience (100% humidity, heat approaching 100F yet again today).

I gotta go clean out the linen closet. It runneth over.

• Like 5