• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I guess my second wind is better than my first. 

Usually that's how it works. I would do a warm up before you leave and see if it makes a difference.

I am officially in my last class with no fear of being moved back. I still need more sleep.

That must feel so good. Congrats.

Except algebra. Algebra is evil.

I love algebra. So much fun.

I have to work on my posture.

I've been doing Tai Chi all week and already seeing improvements.

Living in my house is like living in the ITT thread.  Whoa.  

Same here!

• Like 5

The fact of the existence of a submit form on a website attracts spammers. I understand I'm outnumbered here and that there's been a long dialog here about spamming, but there's no basis for the belief that posting certain words or topics on a discussion board increases spam traffic.

On Twitter, keywords and hashtags can attract spam tweets from bots and corporate PR guys. This is necessary on Twitter because of the nature of the platform. The only way to get your stuff seen by a wide audience on Twitter is to latch onto keywords and hashtags.

Not so with discussion forums. You just post a lot, like the spam bot did last night.

The only truly effective remedy against forum spam is a good captcha on the submission form (although these are starting to become less reliable because of better bots) and a good, well trained Bayesian filter. Most well supported forum packages offer plugins to implement both of these solutions. 

I'm not sure what platform this forum runs on, but I know it hasn't got a captcha (actually that's kind of nice because they're annoying), and wouldn't know if it does Bayesian filtering (the type of anti-spam measure used by say, Gmail) because that's behind the scenes stuff.

Spambots look for <input type="submit"> to show up on a webserver somewhere, and that's almost about it.

• Like 2

I used to take Magnesium supplements after reading lots of compelling arguments that the average American is deficient in Mg and that people with digestive issues like mine in particular are.

I seemed to have TONS more energy than before. I felt so much less tired!

Then after about a year my seizures, which I had gone without for 24 years, suddenly came back and almost killed me twice.

So, I stopped taking Magnesium.

Probably a coincidence... ;-)

In my case what seems to be helping me get lots more done recently is trying to get more sleep, and also taking my anti-epileptics which seem to have a sort of concentration-boosting side effect, but of course that's almost definitely not relevant for you. Please don't take somebody else's Keppra... LOL. 

• Like 3

Anyway the point of my ramble was: be careful! Supplements aren't regulated by the FDA and have often been found to contain a dose totally different than what's on the label or to contain an entirely different compound or mineral entirely in independent testing. People tend to think that "vitamins" are safer than medication but sometimes they're not.

• Like 1

No, you are right. It was one of those episodes that pulls on the emotions. I think that show is really well-cast. The Dad in prison with the girls and how the mom handled it was really powerful. The whole episode was. I would give you my hanky if I could:-)

I remember you saying you watched it, and I thought about you when I seen it this morning. The last part when Deacon broke down got me the most, but you're right. All of it was very emotional.

I remember you saying you watched it, and I thought about you when I seen it this morning. The last part when Deacon broke down got me the most, but you're right. All of it was very emotional.

Oh, that too! He is actually probably one of my top 2 characters and that breakdown for his sister was especially heartfelt. :crying:

• Like 1

Really! So that I don't end up with ads for it for the next year by googling... What's in it?

Nutmeg extract, salvia, algae, caffeine, yohimbe, green coffee, raspberry ketone. It's a weight loss supplement that doesn't help me lose weight but enables me to perform all of the tasks required for a happy family and clean home. I call them my super mom pills.

• Like 1

I suffer from some sort of chronic fatigue. I used to sleep 14 hours a day and when I was awake I was too tired to do housework. Before the kids were born I worked part time and slept most of the time I wasn't working. After the kids were born I cried a few nights a week because I wasn't a good mother. I felt like a selfish mother, rather than the gracious one I wanted to be because I slept all of the time. I fell asleep in the living room with an 18 month old John who fell on the hearth and needed stitches. I didn't know what to do. I was just always so tired. Matt did all of the housework, I took green tea pills, I had every test known to man to try to find out what was wrong with me.

That's when I discovered hydroxycut. Someone suggested it to me because I was in the middle of a weight loss plateau (big shocker considering my lack of energy). I noticed a difference the very first day. I cleaned the entire house. It had probably been 8 years since I had done that much housework. I took care of my newborn baby despite being sleep deprived and played with John. My life has never been the same. I can do what I need to do to maintain my home, I can make meals and baked goods from scratch, I workout almost everyday, I play with the kids, and I'm happy. Still fat though. ;) I've been on them for about 2 years. I need to keep a proper balance which I do by not taking them on Sundays, working out regularly to burn the caffeine, doing a week-long detox once every few months. I don't think it's healthy to be doing this much caffeine on a regular basis, but it's the only thing that works.

• Like 2

Hydroxycut = clean laundry, home cooked meals, sword fighs, tag, and a clean house. I would offer to send you some, but I'm using the preworkout powder now. The next time I buy it I'm getting the black bottle with the mood stabilizer because the caffeine tends to make me a little pissy.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

Hydroxycut = clean laundry, home cooked meals, sword fighs, tag, and a clean house. I would offer to send you some, but I'm using the preworkout powder now. The next time I buy it I'm getting the black bottle with the mood stabilizer because the caffeine tends to make me a little pissy.

Ok, I'll shut up now.

I'm glad that it works for you.:)

I rely on coffee with sugar and cream, probably 4 large cups between 7am-1pm. No breakfast for me just coffee. Sad, but true. Oh, and heavy metal music. I like Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. :D

I'm weird. No friends, remember?

• Like 2

I'm glad that it works for you.:)

I rely on coffee with sugar and cream, probably 4 large cups between 7am-1pm. No breakfast for me just coffee. Sad, but true. Oh, and heavy metal music. I like Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith, etc. :D

I'm weird. No friends, remember?

There are different kinds of caffeine though. This will effect you differently than coffee.

• Like 1