Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I just need to know if quiet time is moving forward or backward. I cannot find her contact information on the website.

There is a contact form on the website. She's quite responsive, considering how many kids she's homeschooling...

Scroll down http://www.practicemonkeys.com/faq.html. Also, during the assessment I was able to ask a lot of questions.

10 minutes ago, Renai said:

There is a contact form on the website. She's quite responsive, considering how many kids she's homeschooling...

Scroll down http://www.practicemonkeys.com/faq.html. Also, during the assessment I was able to ask a lot of questions.

That didn't work for me on the computer, but I figured it out on the phone and emailed her. Thanks.

• Like 1

I love Artistic Pursuits. This has been such a good year for us with that curriculum. And it helps that I got the supply pack. The girls can make such pretty pictures when they have the right supplies.  They are working on their projects right now. They are making murals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I love Artistic Pursuits. This has been such a good year for us with that curriculum. And it helps that I got the supply pack. The girls can make such pretty pictures when they have the right supplies.  They are working on their projects right now. They are making murals.

Which book?

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tested my sugars:  Perfect!

Am making my stupid salad.  The bunnies are fighting over the lettuce and carrots that I share with them.  I will log it and also the two squares of dark chocolate for dessert. 

Quoting myself to say that I am logging what I eat, not what the bunnies eat. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Ok, I know I wasn't gone THAT long! What's with the x, y, and z posts?

Jean: I added the term "goat" to the extensive but not quite exhaustive yet ITT Chronicles. Should I also be adding "rabbits" to the glossary? Or are those real?

She has two rabbits.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Also yes.

No.

Ummm, this is offensive?

15 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Please clarify.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Jean: I added the term "goat" to the extensive but not quite exhaustive yet ITT Chronicles. Should I also be adding "rabbits" to the glossary? Or are those real?

The rabbits are real.  They are Rusty and Aria in my signature.  (Which I think that you can't see?)  We also have Neko (cat) and Juliet (60 pound puppyness).  Who are also real.  Neither the rabbits nor the cat get washed.  The puppy does get washed on occasion.  The goat, however, gets washed much more often. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Krissi accidentally had a w in her post.  So Slache and I were playing.  Just to keep Krissi company, you know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The rabbits are real.  They are Rusty and Aria in my signature.  (Which I think that you can't see?)  We also have Neko (cat) and Juliet (60 pound puppyness).  Who are also real.  Neither the rabbits nor the cat get washed.  The puppy does get washed on occasion.  The goat, however, gets washed much more often. 

I stole the name Neko from you and gave it to one of the kittens we adopted last fall. Our Neko is a she, and she's a Torby--tortoiseshell color splotches with tabby markings. She's crazy friendly, tried to follow the deliveryman back to his truck yesterday after coaxing him to pet her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did you READ the hashtag?! My screen froze and wasn't letting me hit the reply button, or at least I didn't THINK it was. When I exited, cleared history, and relogged in, that post about whether the rabbits are real was on there six times! I thought about doing the standard double post, triple post, ect... but SIX times?!?!

Double

Triple

Quadruple

... I couldn't remember what comes next!!

Quintuple and sectuple but I make no guarantees on the spelling.

Yes, we all know what happened, not that any of us have ever done anything like that before. Ever.

6 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Nope. You're right. I can't see them and if I could see them, I'm sure I could answer at least half the questions I have all on my own and avoid many sharks in the sea. I am next to never on a computer and since I've never been on WTM from a computer, I figure I'll just leave it a mystery. Makes for an interesting game of guess these people's siggy. This is also my reason for the Ask Slachie game.

She's my eyes and ears

technical guru

ITT dictionary

ITT encyclopedia

ITT historian

(and recently) curriculum consultant

Wow, that's a lot of hat's she's wearing!

Go Slachie! 🏆

Go me!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Friday!

Dh took whole crew to a bday party and I am frantically cleaning the house* while they are all gone, because we have company coming tomorrow afternoon.

I've already decided they aren't allowed to eat here between now and then.  I'm beginning to think I should have just sent them to a hotel for the night.

*Well, at the moment I'm marooned on my bed while Rosie Robot mops and vacuums. But as her supervisor, I still get credit for doing the work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Nope. You're right. I can't see them and if I could see them, I'm sure I could answer at least half the questions I have all on my own as well as avoid many sharks in the sea. I am next to never on a computer and since I've never been on WTM from a computer, I figure I'll just leave it a mystery. Makes for an interesting game of guess these people's siggy. This is also my reason for the Ask Slachie game.

She's my eyes and ears

technical guru

ITT dictionary

ITT encyclopedia

ITT historian

(and recently) curriculum consultant

Wow, that's a lot of hat's she's wearing!

Go Slachie! 🏆

ITT archives: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8AgbG4Z0x4NTWFCVHRLQlhHRkU?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Revisions are done, and the first of my Beta readers has it. Half of me hopes she reads it cover to cover tonight because she can't put it down, but that's just one of those crazy writer dreams. Tomorrow I have work, a short story to rewrite, and my NaNoWriMo words to get. But Sunday, I am going to the river with the boys and DH. They can kayak, fish, and skip rocks. I will probably park myself in a dark spot and draft for a while before taking my sketch book down to the waterside and working on some river sketches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I’m thinking of getting this, too. Glad someone likes it.

Guess where I’m going tomorrow?

Send the book to me. I can never put a book down.

And check me out- multi- quoting!!!

You will not regret it!!

and yes, multi-quoting gets you a squillion points.

• Like 2

Good grief.  Two. nights. in. a. row!  Kids' friends were over for dinner and allergic to the food.  Last night it was the cream cheese in the creamy fiesta burritos and tonight it was the citric acid added to the canned diced tomatoes in the West African Plasas.  Both meals they ended up eating tortilla chips with cheese sauce.  I need to get better at throwing together alternative meals.  I did offer sandwiches, fruit, and salad.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good grief.  Two. nights. in. a. row!  Kids' friends were over for dinner and allergic to the food.  Last night it was the cream cheese in the creamy fiesta burritos and tonight it was the citric acid added to the canned diced tomatoes in the West African Plasas.  Both meals they ended up eating tortilla chips with cheese sauce.  I need to get better at throwing together alternative meals.  I did offer sandwiches, fruit, and salad.

That is all you need to offer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How can a child be allergic to cream cheese but not cheese sauce?

Citric acid would also be quite unusual as an allergy.

These were different children?