Menu

Ignore this thread!

Upgrading scares me. We still don't know how our cable works and we've had it for twelve months. We can change the channel now, but we still have to Get Up to manually turn it on and adjust the volume. Dh wants me to program the all-in-one remote. Yeah, right. Not likely, buster.

Call the cable company and tell them to send out a tech because your TV isn't working.  When they get there explain it's the remote that is not functioning and they will program it for you.  No really.  I used to work for a company that installed cable for Comcast, and you would not believe how many of those calls we got.  Mostly the calls were from older folks who were not as tech savvy as Ellie and Mr. Ellie, but I'm sure they would do it for you as well. :)  And then ask them to EXPLAIN to you how to use it.  They will.  And even though they won't make a lot of money off of your call, they may secretly be happy that they got an easy call where they didn't have to crawl through your attic or fight off cockroaches. 

Yes, cockroaches.  We had to bag and then fumigate some of the returned cable boxes.  Oh the stories those techs told...

• Like 4

Booya!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

You found the third verse!  Yay!  I knew it was there somewhere...

• Like 3

I believe I am sick. :( My nose is stopped up, eyes are watery, joints are achy, and the inside of my head feels strange. The twins and dh have had allergies/sinus problems. So I don't know if it is allergies or a cold. I rarely get sick, maybe once every 5 years or so.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:  I'm SO sorry!!!!! Hope you get to stay home today and drink hot lemonade with honey and get well. :sad:

• Like 2

I believe I am sick.:( My nose is stopped up, eyes are watery, joints are achy, and the inside of my head feels strange. The twins and dh have had allergies/sinus problems. So I don't know if it is allergies or a cold. I rarely get sick, maybe once every 5 years or so.

When I come down with something that makes me feel achy, my first course of action is to hydrogen peroxide my ears (put a half capful in each ear and let sit for 3 minutes or so) every couple of hours. In the mean time I will suck on a cold-eeze. I am usually feeling much better by evening.

• Like 1

I have discovered that I need highlighters, dry erase markers and 0.9 mechanical pencil lead. Yesterday. Looks like I get to go to my favorite place in the world to salivate over all the paper products this evening. It's something about the smell and feel of crisp, new paper. Any kind. I love it.

ETA: Yes, paper isn't on my list. Who would bet against me coming home with a six-pack of my favorite yellow legal pads, though?

• Like 5

I believe I am sick. :( My nose is stopped up, eyes are watery, joints are achy, and the inside of my head feels strange. The twins and dh have had allergies/sinus problems. So I don't know if it is allergies or a cold. I rarely get sick, maybe once every 5 years or so.

I'm sorry you're ill.

The goldfinch is back and brought a friend!

I don't know what this means.

Booperlabopbop

I don't know what this means either.

• Like 4

John thinks that Phoebe from The Magic School Bus is very nice and he would like to buy her flowers. This boy likes girls more than any other boy I know. First it was Taylor Swift, then the hairdresser, then Carrie Underwood, now Phoebe. He says he wishes she wasn't a cartoon.

• Like 7

Despite having it on two to-do lists, I totally forgot to drive into the big city for my shots and  new vials of meds.  It's 4 pm - rush hour traffic.  I won't make it there before 5 and they will then be closed so there is no point in even trying to go now.  I guess I'll have to move it to Wed.  I think I have enough meds to dh to give me my shots today.  Not that I really want my shots . . . . 

• Like 3

I don't know what this means.

I don't know what this means either.

Lest your caffeine-induced state of mind confound you...

1. Yesterday a goldfinch came to my new bird feeder (i have never seen a goldfinch in my yard before). Today he or she was back and there was a second goldfinch with him/her.

2. Trying to relieve stress and anxiety *and* appease The Queen with posts to prove the seriousness with which we take this thread.

• Like 7

1. Yesterday a goldfinch came to my new bird feeder (i have never seen a goldfinch in my yard before). Today he or she was back and there was a second goldfinch with him/her.

Dd and I went backyard birding this morning. We're doing the bird book by Apologia for science. Very few birds around this morning. But our cat Socks decided to help us out by flushing a bird out from a bush. He was flying too fast for us to be able to identify it!
  • Like 4

I'm taking us to the fair today, the fair, today, the fair, today

I'm taking us to the fair today, we can stay all day

We're gong to the fair, fair, fair

So please don't stare stare stare

We can all share, share, share

Our trip to the fair, fair, fair

Any new drugs today? Or lack of...? It's not often you break out into song.

• Like 3