Menu

Ignore this thread!

Today is busy, busy, busy. I will go to church, teach the teens first hour, then drive 3 hours to my board meeting. After the meeting where we will hopefully get all the paperwork done for our new nonprofit, I will drive the three hours back home. Dd isn’t coming with me this time so I might put on ZZ Top to keep me awake 

• Like 3

Hi. I slept for 10 hours. I was exhausted. Our financial strains are less strenuous and getting better. And I think I have a better school schedule that gets more done without sacrificing our walks. My kid's learning too much! Less than 1,000 days until the car is paid off. So. much. laundry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I gave up on all of the things today and ran away to the forest in the mountains where there are waterfalls. I hiked a bit and ate my lunch riverside.

Me too. Only my head hurts too much for driving so far, so we went to the lake instead. Internet is now so bad at the house getting on the forum is a major undertaking. But by the lake I have signal. Yet another reason to go to the lake more often. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Good Afternoon!

We drove 3 cars to church between the 6 of us.  Ds23 got there around 6:30 to get sound set up, Dd12 and I got there at 7:10 because we were playing for the services, and dh and the other dds got there at 7:20 because dh was deaconing (and had to stay quite late after the service to clean and lock up).  We have lunched and I am coffeeing.  I have to get the girls to finish going through the winter clothes bins so we can get them put away.  It will be a record - only 36 hours of clothes and clothes bins covering the entire living room.  I think we can do it.  Small church-group dinner tonight. 

Coffee!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I gave up on all of the things today and ran away to the forest in the mountains where there are waterfalls. I hiked a bit and ate my lunch riverside.

48 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Me too. Only my head hurts too much for driving so far, so we went to the lake instead. Internet is now so bad at the house getting on the forum is a major undertaking. But by the lake I have signal. Yet another reason to go to the lake more often. 

I think in addition to The Island, ITT needs a mountain cabin retreat in a forest with streams and waterfalls and a mountain lake.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Lynn, how's your arm?

Well, it's mostly better, but still itchy and a little inflamed where I used the creams (original places are gone).  And I have a new seemingly unrelated itchy place on my back.  I'm not sure what to think about that.  I suppose the obvious answer is to go in and be seen again.  Don't wanna.  ??

• Sad 2

Took our $25 coupon to the Disney outlet for Christmas. Mary got a pink Minnie letterman's jacket, Alex got Rex from toy story because we have all the others, and John asked for oragami and Japanese materiales so I nabbed him a Mickey shirt off the sales rack to go with whatever we get him because I was $3 short for my coupon.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

Took our $25 coupon to the Disney outlet for Christmas. Mary got a pink Minnie letterman's jacket, Alex got Rex from toy story because we have all the others, and John asked for oragami and Japanese materiales so I nabbed him a Mickey shirt off the sales rack to go with whatever we get him because I was $3 short for my coupon.

13 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

That reminds me!  I need to go to Sears and use my $25 coupon.

Yay for coupons!!  I love coupons!

• Thanks 1

I can't handle my hair anymore. It's all over the house and it's too thin for my hair spider now which means I have to wear a ponytail to keep it up and that hurts. I'm going into the bathroom with a pair of scissors and we're going to see what happens. Matt says he does not support me 100% and has requested that I use extreme caution. Wish me luck.

Balding BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
I couldn't see that it was a boob job through my insane air. LOL! That works.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

It's been raining all night and I think we are already at the high temp for today - 66*.  Angi's cold front is making it's way over!

I hate fall break time - some activities take off one week, others take off another week (depending on which school system/university calendar they follow), and some don't take a break at all.  So I never really have a break.  I am completely unmotivated to do anything today, but alas.  I should probably at least Pantz to meet with the stupid financial guy.  Need to do laundry.  Bah.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good morning. It's my favorite day.

17 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  The queen's favorite day!  Not mine.  I had insomnia from around midnight til 3ish.  Ended up researching curriculum.  ?

Gotta go let the chickens out and wake up dd!

I've been awake since like 4:30. It's butt. What curriculum? Put the chickens in DD's room!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!

I’m babysitting for a friend this morning. I don’t want to (things are just horrible here with DS1, and I don’t need one more thing on my plate) but she’s in a really rough place right now, and I do feel like I need to help her out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Yes, I will. It's disturbing,  and hilarious. The prompt was a two sentence horror story I made up, and then I thought it would make a funny poem for the festival thing that the writers' group is a part of. They were looking for some "spooky" stuff.

A horror story:

Mama got tired of hearing “What’s for dinner” all the time. So one day, she served the family.

What’s For Dinner?

It happened every single day,

Whenever Mama’s nerves would fray

This question, in her ears, did clap

And finally,

One day

Mama snapped.

She served the family, every one

Raw, pan-seared, and some well done,

A feast laid out to make eyes water,

Brother, sister, father, daughter.

Chicken-fried Daddy on a platter,

Gravy made from deep-fried batter,

Brother on toast, with some jam,

Sister-salad, served with ham,

And for dessert, it must be told,

The baby, served up, a’ la mode.

So next time you’re inclined to gripe,

Whenever Mama serves up tripe,

Use your manners, if you’re able

Or best look out—

You’re next at table.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I still haven't changed my weather alerts from TX. You guys have been getting crazy amounts of rain over the last month.  I'm really surprised by the cold weather, though. Usually you get a few days in the 40s in December and then spring arrives.

My mom has gotten 16" of rain in the last week.

We're still dusty dry here. I hear the fall rains are coming but we've only had a bit of light mist on a few days....nothing to really recharge the landscaping.

• Like 4