• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning!

Did you get your shopping deal, Junie? I once had a baby up at an early hour on Black Friday and decided I might as well go shopping.

How are you feeling, Lynn? Get any sleep?

Some Post Thanksgiving Music for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXhFKF5CuQ

Coffee!! Pie!!

A Straight No Chaser Booyah!

Deck the halls with booya, hooyah!

Falalalala!

This the season to be Booyah!

Falalalala! All alfalfa!

Fah lah lah lah Booyah!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Good morning!

Did you get your shopping deal, Junie? I once had a baby up at an early hour on Black Friday and decided I might as well go shopping.

Coffee!! Pie!!

Falalalala!

Falalalala! All alfalfa!

Fah lah lah lah Booyah!

I slept very well, thank you!  (Vicks Vapor Rub on the feet for the win, lol.)  I still can't smell anything, but I think I will live (in keeping with ITT regulations.)  

I love Straight No Chaser!  

• Like 5

I had a nightmare about a skyscraper that was millions of years old and was trying to kill the people inside of it by locking its bathroom doors in the basement so that no one could go in and using the bacteria in there to grow evil twins of all the people in the building. Ladies and gentlemen, my brain.

Happy black Friday. I'm not shopping.

Louisiana would be too hot and humid for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not as hot as you would think it would be. It's quite nice most of the time, and cooler than the rest of the South.

Maybe no borders, but kind of a foreign country in and of itself, lol.  

LOVE Louisiana. Great food, great people and stunningly beautiful. My first choice to live would be my home state of California but my second is Louisiana. My last would be the Midwest in any way shape or form.
  • Like 2

I keep a jar of Vicks on my writing desk. Kind of like my own private Oracle at Delphi, I suppose. Get stuck, open jar, breathe fumes. :laugh:

Beta-reading is getting to read another writer's story before it is published and saying whether you like it or not. I read too much like a writer, but I try to be a good beta. This particular story needs a rewrite.  :hurray: I love rewrites. I don't quite know how this writer views them, however. I think they are the best possible way to get to know your characters, find your plot, paint your setting and have a great time with your manuscript at the same time. But the few times I've suggested rewriting, my fellow wizards tend to look at me as if I'd just sprouted horns and jabbed a pitchfork at their bare egos. I'm trying to tone down the pitchfork in my rhetoric. 

• Like 6

Right now I'm drinking tea and considering whether or not to do a line edit, or just notes at the tops of the chapters for her. 

I do have a beta-reader of my own, and we trade favors. We are well matched in writing ability and style, and our genres are close enough to be compatible. She has a pitchfork and knows how to use it. :D So we get along pretty well.

• Like 2

I had a nightmare about a skyscraper that was millions of years old and was trying to kill the people inside of it by locking its bathroom doors in the basement so that no one could go in and using the bacteria in there to grow evil twins of all the people in the building. Ladies and gentlemen, my brain.

My nightmare this week was we were getting Thanksgiving dinner ready and it took too long. Supposed to eat at 12 and it was 5....in reality we ate at 1:30, so not so bad. My recurring nightmare ever since I was in my 20s is that I’m at my 1st college semester math final and I don’t know anything because I skipped too many classes! It’s happened so much I honestly can’t remember what really happened at that final and if I really cut classes often. I do know I passed so I think the dream is not real. 🤔

My dreams seem so boring and tame compared to yours!

• Like 5

Black Friday scares me. It's way too peopley. I sent Hubs put to try to get a fridge.

We were going to stop at Best Buy yesterday after dinner, but there was a line out the door. We decided it wasn't worth it when the kids were with us.

Our elf came back last night. The boys were quite excited to find him waiting this morning.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Black Friday scares me. It's way too peopley. I sent Hubs put to try to get a fridge.

We were going to stop at Best Buy yesterday after dinner, but there was a line out the door. We decided it wasn't worth it when the kids were with us.

Our elf came back last night. The boys were quite excited to find him waiting this morning.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Hope you get a great deal on a fridge!!  I'm with you on it being too peopley!

• Like 1

Or you could stay up late. DW said Old Navy opens at 5, I think. I don't care. I barely ever buy anything from Old Navy, and when I do, I tend to regret it. I also have no clue what we'd possibly want from Best Buy. Or from pretty much any store, for that matter.

I was barely keeping my eyes open.  I needed a nap.

Good morning!

Coffee!! Pie!!

Falalalala!

Falalalala! All alfalfa!

Fah lah lah lah Booyah!

Dh and I used to take nursing babies with us while my parents stayed home with the other kids.  I thought it was a fun date.

• Like 2

So the deal I got up for:

Prismacolor 72 colored pencil set -- normally $120 + Prismacolor 12 watercolor pencil set -- normally $25

An art supply store was selling the bundle together for $20!!  And they still gave me my 25 percent (homeschool) teacher discount!  :)

• Like 6

Good morning!

Coffee!! Pie!!

Falalalala!

Falalalala! All alfalfa!

Fah lah lah lah Booyah!

Have you seen the Straight No Chaser Movie Medley?  

:D
  • Like 2

Louisiana has alligators, snakes, horrible bugs, and humidity.  No.  Just no.

I can hardly stand shopping on normal weekends. Black Friday et seq?  No.  Just no.

I have to try to manage a return to normal schedule next week (only starting about an hour earlier for me because alone.)  No.  Just no.

JJM's Theme Du Jour:  JUST. SAY. NO.

• Like 6

Louisiana has alligators, snakes, horrible bugs, and humidity.  No.  Just no.

I can hardly stand shopping on normal weekends. Black Friday et seq?  No.  Just no.

I have to try to manage a return to normal schedule next week (only starting about an hour earlier for me because alone.)  No.  Just no.

JJM's Theme Du Jour:  JUST. SAY. NO.

I was almost eaten by an alligator once.

Who is Maisie Williams?

Doctor Who's Me and a main character in Game of Thrones.
  • Like 2

Dh took the kids out to find a Christmas tree for the front porch. Fake one inside (allergies) but I get a real one right outside the living room windows. :) 🎄

Grandpa says we should go out in the dead of night and cut down the neighbor's tree. :D

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Dh took the kids out to find a Christmas tree for the front porch. Fake one inside (allergies) but I get a real one right outside the living room windows. :) 🎄

Grandpa says we should go out in the dead of night and cut down the neighbor's tree. :D

I had our perfect tree picked out this year.  I kept the weeds and ferns down around the bottom so the lower limbs are nice and full and it's the perfect size.

And DH doesn't know when he'll be back and I'm not allowed to use the chainsaw.

Le sigh.  Home Depot, here we come.

• Like 3

California does have seasons, but not very severe. Autumn is nice, spring is lovely, though both are fairly short. Winter is mild, no snow. Summer is hot.

I love you, Krissi, but 2 days each of "fall" and "spring" does NOT count as "seasons"; those are referred to as "anomalies."  And you forgot the Tule fog, making winter long, damp, dark, and miserable.

• Like 2

I love you, Krissi, but 2 days each of "fall" and "spring" does NOT count as "seasons"; those are referred to as "anomalies." And you forgot the Tule fog, making winter long, damp, dark, and miserable.

ok fine!! Burst my bubble. Actually, the fog hadn’t Been quite so bad the past couple of years. It can make things pretty depressing. And I would love snow.🌨â„ï¸
  • Like 2

I'm working on my desk. Really. Only slightly distracted.....

Kinda random. But is it SO hard to make longer shirts and sweaters that are not tunics? I mean tunics have their place, but sometimes I don't want to look like I'm wearing a tent, but I still want comfortable coverage. KWIM?

This fabulous giantess gave up a long time ago and wears tanks under shirts. It also works for low plunging tops.

Happy black Friday. I'm not shopping.

It's not as hot as you would think it would be. It's quite nice most of the time, and cooler than the rest of the South.

LOVE Louisiana. Great food, great people and stunningly beautiful. My first choice to live would be my home state of California but my second is Louisiana. My last would be the Midwest in any way shape or form.

Not moving. I love it right here, thank you very much.

• Like 2

We have a mess at our house. Someone sent the neighbor's kid a very mean text from our phone. The neighbor sent me a screen shot. DD claims it was my niece, and her story adds up, but it's terrible- and my niece is only 8.  :crying: We didn't believe my niece could do it but after going through the text history, seeing the times they were sent, and hearing DD's explanation, it's the most believable scenario.

Now the neighbors are mad, DD may have lost her friend, and I have to have a difficult conversation w/ my brother. To her credit, my DD seems to have immediately tried to apologize after the text was sent but it was too late. She's going to go over and try to make up with her but she is scared. 

• Like 1

No shopping for me today. Going to stay home, get this Beta sheet written, and then sit on it for three days before toning it down. The hardest thing about being a good Beta is resisting the urge to "fix it".

I was a beta reader once. I didn’t do a line edit but I gave a list of questions that came up - things that I didn’t quite understand even though I liked the overall story. The writer was highly offended that I didn’t love and understand every single word she had written. Sigh.