Menu

Ignore this thread!

Having gone to bed and sleep about 8:30 last night I am now awake (my usual weekday alarm having gone off) and back downstairs to try to write some more.

I have hot cider, and a position nearer the east windows to better watch as the sky lightens and the sun rises.

:001_smile:

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning!

If I tried to play sportsball, it would definitely resemble whackadoodle!

Good luck and God speed, Spudz and Tater Tot! May the Force be with you!

Krissi's bread definitely has Attitude! 😜

Paige, how are you doing? Do we need to mobilize the ENB?

Slachey, has your MIL arrived? Do we need to mobilize the ENB?

No school today! The kids have to practice instruments because they still have private lessons today and tomorrow, and we might have story time after lunch. Children's choir this afternoon also, and Grandma and Grandpa fly in tomorrow! (This is a happy visit!)

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Good Morning.

Happy Monday.   :glare:

I have never, ever had the desire to shoot a bird.  Until now.  Something was chirping excessively in my backyard this morning after I had gotten four hours of sleep.  And of course my head already hurt.  I'm up and I'm grumpy.

• Like 5

Good Morning.

I have never, ever had the desire to shoot a bird.  Until now.  Something was chirping excessively in my backyard this morning after I had gotten four hours of sleep.  And of course my head already hurt.  I'm up and I'm grumpy.

:grouphug: and like in solidarity. I don't think I got more than two hours of sleep at a time last night. I did, however, get more than four. My head doesn't hurt. My lower back does, and that's probably why I was up so many times. I almost gave it up at four when I woke up for the fourth time, but got back to sleep around six.

No chirping birds, but the alarm at four was a whiny cat reminding me that he would like breakfast at seven as usual, just in case I forgot.

• Like 4

I need caffeine. :zombie:

At some point today my boys are supposed to go help with the woodcutting. The trees are already down, and they won't be on chainsaws, but I think they will be on the splitter. I don't know if I'm supposed to take them to work and supervise, or if I just have to pick them up from work. I guess I'll find out later this morning.

• Like 2

Tomorrow I try the no pants nuclear option for potty training ds. Wish me luck. Remember me fondly. Light a candle for me on my birthday. Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

I did that with Captain Mal. He uses the potty fine as long as he's completely nude, but doesn't get that undies are not diapers. So I had to revert back to pull-ups after a while.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tomorrow I try the no pants nuclear option for potty training ds. Wish me luck. Remember me fondly. Light a candle for me on my birthday. Don’t cry for me, Argentina.

🎵the truth is, I never left you!! All through my wild days... my mad existence, I kept my promise, don’t keep your distance!🎵🎶

Good luck, Spud!! Keep a fire hose and m&m’s handy.

• Like 3

Good Morning.

Happy Monday. :glare:

I have never, ever had the desire to shoot a bird. Until now. Something was chirping excessively in my backyard this morning after I had gotten four hours of sleep. And of course my head already hurt. I'm up and I'm grumpy.

((Junie))
  • Like 1

Good Morning.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Want to borrow my cat?  That bird won't sing much longer with Abby around.  She's waiting for the next crop of birds that haven't figured out our yard isn't safe.

#can'tfeedbirdshere

• Like 3

What do I include in a Christmas letter? I keep saying I'll do our first every year but never have so I'm saying it again this year.

Usually a pic of the kids or the whole family, though that's not an absolute requirement.  Some put in a recap of their year.  Some simply state the important events that have happened.  For a first you might want to include names and ages, but only do that when sending to people you want to actually have such information.  Basically only tell what you are happy to tell the entire world, but phrase it nicely, in a quietly upbeat, we-are-doing-just-fine tone.  If you want to discourage visitors you can also add a note about how this or that hecticness in your life doesn't allow you to indulge in proper visiting for now.

• Like 3

I am soooooo angry. The phone rang at 6:15. I was stumbling around in the dark trying to answer it. It’s the IL’s nursing home.

Me: “what’s wrong. Is there an emergency?â€

Nurse: “ Oh no, Ma’am. MIL fell yesterday but she’s fine. “.

Me: “You are calling at six o’clock in the morning to tell us she’s fine?â€

Nurse: “Yes,Ma’am. I tried calling the other number (ie dh’s cell) earlier but couldn’t get through. “

She had no concept of the fact that she called when normal people are still sleeping and scared me to death for nothing.

Happy Sleeping in Day. (Said with dripping sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am soooooo angry. The phone rang at 6:15. I was stumbling around in the dark trying to answer it. It’s the IL’s nursing home.

Nurse: “Yes,Ma’am. I tried calling the other number (ie dh’s cell) earlier but couldn’t get through. “

She had no concept of the fact that she called when normal people are still sleeping and scared me to death for nothing.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: I'm sorry they did that.  It was inconsiderate.

It sounds like they need some explicit instructions as to when appropriate hours to call for non-emergencies are.  You or your DH could give them explicit hours for calling, and specific hours for EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY.

Could you also have a word with whomever runs the place, about usual and expected times for making non-emergency calls?

What time "yesterday" did she fall?  "Yesterday" implies daytime, which begs the question of why didn't they call then to let family know?

• Like 3

We are supposed to do a Christmas letter? :scared:  :laugh:

But I *might* bring in the Christmas boxes from the garage and evict the spiders.

I tried to drum up enthusiasm for a tree this year and got "meh" so I guess I'm off the hook for a tree again.

I am bad about writing letters in general.  At all.  I still need to send my uncle a condolence card, since I recently found out (from him) that his wife passed away about a year ago.

I am giving no thought to Christmas decorating until I return from Colorado with my Dad.  DH and the girls can give some thought and effort to it, but I won't be driving it at all until I return.  If then.  This might be another year where we put up a minimum and enjoy the wonderful display of our neighbor across the street.

• Like 1

(((Jeannie)))

Is the nursing home on the East Coast? If so, they probably didn't realize that they were calling a different time zone. If that is the case, I would ask them to put a note in their records.

The nursing home is local. No time change at all. The idiot nurse just thought that it was a convenient time for her to call. She also said something about FIL but I couldn’t catch it despite asking her to repeat it twice. I’m pretty sure she was Filipina and on that word I just couldn’t get past the accent. But she said that FIL is fine so Dh can sort all of that later when he actually gets up.

Bazooka!!

(((Jean)))

Bazooka Booyah! JJM, you up for a quick drive? :D

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

A FAFSA on inconsiderate callers.

My mom sends out a Christmas letter every year. It is mostly a work of fiction. She briefly lets the extended family know what we have done or are planning to do, unless we have done or are planning to do something she doesn't approve of. In that case, she tells them what she wishes were true as if it were true. Then she talks about her dogs.

• Like 6

My mom sends out a Christmas letter every year. It is mostly a work of fiction. She briefly lets the extended family know what we have done or are planning to do, unless we have done or are planning to do something she doesn't approve of. In that case, she tells them what she wishes were true as if it were true. Then she talks about her dogs.

I read this as escaped.

I think I need more caffeine.

• Like 5

This is a very typical form of letter I have received in the past from certain family.  A long-standing tradition!

• Like 1

I'm doing the phone call thing this morning--changing dentist appointments, trying to figure out what we are doing as a holiday treat (some event we will go to) and so forth. Not my favorite thing to do.

I did find golf lessons for the boys, though. :hurray:

I managed to get through to a real person at the judge's office and now have instructions on how to request defensive driving for my speeding ticket.  I will head out soon to go get cash and then the needed money order, and then I can write and send my letter.  With luck I can schedule the defensive driving for some time either before I go to Colorado, or after the holidays.

• Like 3

DH asked me to let him know if there is anything I need him to catch, pick up, kill, kick, or run into while he is out on his errand.

I told him I'll run my own errands after he gets back.  I'm being particular today, so I will handle my own.

• Like 3

How are you feeling, JJM? ðŸœ

I slept for almost 10 hours last night; I may just live!  Thank you for asking.  :001_wub:

🎼🎶🎵...a yellow ribbon ‘round the old oak tree....â€ðŸŽ¶ðŸŽµ

I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself. It’s Susan’s fault.

bored-smiley-emoticon.png

What do I include in a Christmas letter? I keep saying I'll do our first every year but never have so I'm saying it again this year.

Make it an email and include a video link to the kids playing with the Whoopie Cushion. Butt don't send it to Jean.  teehee.gif

female-gangster-smiley-emoticon.gif

Bazooka!!

(((Jean)))

Bazooka Booyah! JJM, you up for a quick drive? :D

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started twenty-four months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends....

On it. Just waiting for the Dayquil to kick in...

• Like 7

They're crafting. My children are desperately deprived because we don't do macaroni style crafts so MIL week is always craft week. She brought a dollar store turkey thing that I'm going to throw away as soon as she leaves, a Frozen thing Mary will probably have to be buried with, and a tie dye kit.

• Like 4

Two hours later (well, minus the time I spent telling Dh about the phone call when he got up) and I am abandoning the quest for sleep.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I’ll take all the blame. I loved that. Almost made me cry. I’m a little on edge this morning. Didn’t get a lot of sleep last night due to Difficult DS and his anxiety last night.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Oh, Okay!  What about Whackadoodle?

Moles are round enough. Though I think that's called Whack-a-mole. I have no idea what Whackadoodle is. Oh, wait... isn't that another word for crazy?

Agreed with others that a phone call to a supervisor might be warranted, so the staff can get better training on when to call.

• Like 1

Moles are round enough. Though I think that's called Whack-a-mole. I have no idea what Whackadoodle is. Oh, wait... isn't that another word for crazy?

Agreed with others that a phone call to a supervisor might be warranted, so the staff can get better training on when to call.

It's in dh's court.  He's the one who has the official medical power of attorney and can make demands.  Technically speaking the person who called shouldn't have told me anything.  But I'm glad that she did so that I wasn't also freaking out at 6:!5.