• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I've just settled on the hard fact that periodically I just have to replace those nonstick pans. They just don't last very long, even if I'm careful. 

I've got my well-seasoned cast irons, but I have a hard time controlling the heat well enough for eggs. 

Maybe if I hung them up on the wall, forbade anyone but me to use them and snapped myself with a rubber band whenever I reached for anything but the rubber spatula...

• Like 3

There are some really gorgeous bundt pans out there. I had no idea it was a thing until I went to replace mine.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bundt+pan

Nearly all are aluminum with a black nonstick coating, but there are some silicon ones....

Ooooh, I like those. I actually had a silicone one once, and it just didn't work well at all.

The thread titled "College Perimeters" makes me want to gouge out my own eyes.

I need a nap.

Oh, I know what those are. The parking lot on the ag campus, the river along the main road, the stream that cuts across on the back side of the ag campus, and the party street on the far side.

Am I right? 

• Like 6

Hey, JJM!!! How's the weather up there in Paradise???

It's okay for now. We had well over a foot of snow on the ground when DH left. And then came the ominous warning of freezing rain and ice accumulations. I cleared all the things (a fun chore, that), and we got rain instead. Which is better and, because I cleared so much, has not resulted in the formation of ice sheets. But we're expecting up to an inch of rain tonight and tomorrow, so I'll get copious amounts of mud. Oh, and it'll probably trigger an influx of mice. Of which we've had two in the 9 days since DH left. Yay.  Basically, we're having spring. I hate spring.

I am sooper dooper tired and grumpy. Could you tell? :nopity:

• Like 3

Good morning.

Hugs for headaches and mud and mice.

Today Dd and I are going to discuss next week’s schedule. Should we take the week off? If we do, I want to dive in and tackle the Schoolroom of Doom.

I’m also thinking of telling Dh that we can celebrate my birthday another weekend. The schedule is full to overflowing this weekend and I don’t want my birthday to be a stressful thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Good morning.

Hugs for headaches and mud and mice.

Today Dd and I are going to discuss next week’s schedule. Should we take the week off? If we do, I want to dive in and tackle the Schoolroom of Doom.

I’m also thinking of telling Dh that we can celebrate my birthday another weekend. The schedule is full to overflowing this weekend and I don’t want my birthday to be a stressful thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get to enjoy your birthday..... ***hugs***

• Like 3

School?  What's that?   

A collection of fish.

I'm not sure what I did! Is it just my secret and pic that changed? And why isn't the pic showing as my avatar?

I don't know why it's not showing as your avatar, but I think people can use their facebook pic as their avatar, so then if they change their facebook pic I'm guessing their avatar here would change too? Not sure. 

And we have a winner. How soon can the stealth copter pick me up?

Instantaneously.

• Like 2

You should get to enjoy your birthday..... ***hugs***

I don't care if we don't celebrate on the actual day or even the closest weekend.  Just as long as I get one day that I don't have to cook sometime soon.  ;)

It actually took me awhile to see birthdays as a nice thing instead of a day of terror like we had in boarding school.  (Your birthday was when people would throw  you into a cold shower in the middle of the night or other fun traditions).  And then birthdays came to be these days when I had all these Hallmark expectations that never came true.  Now I'm happy knowing that my family loves me all the days of the year and that birthdays are a fun day when I don't have to cook a meal and might get a neat present or two. 

Eek!  It's an introspective birthday booyah! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Nosy neighbor was freaking out about the Amazon delivery I got.  "A stranger came up to your door and then left!"  :svengo: (Actually it is nice to know that someone would notice the axe  murderer breaking into our house.  Though she would be texting me about it to ask if everything is all right and I wouldn't exactly be able to text back. . . . )

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Help me with this Christmas present.

Two cleaning caddies filled with:

Sketchbooks

Markers

Colored pencils

Pens & pencils

And...

These are for quiet time so no messy stuff.

Kneaded eraser

Pencil sharpener (could be messy, but necessary.  hand-held, not electric.  maybe a fun design)

Stencils

Origami book and fun paper

• Like 1

Here's a caddy big enough to hold their clipboards, a sketchbook, activity book (John) sticker book (Mooies) a few reading books and 3 art mediums.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01A3GY1H8/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=77ZBK81Q84K7CZNRK9JH

1. Colored pencils

2. Markers

3. Pencils, pens, eraser, stencils

Is that good? I think that's good.

• Like 1

Here's a caddy big enough to hold their clipboards, a sketchbook, activity book (John) sticker book (Mooies) a few reading books and 3 art mediums.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01A3GY1H8/ref=gp_aw_ybh_a_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=77ZBK81Q84K7CZNRK9JH

1. Colored pencils

2. Markers

3. Pencils, pens, eraser, stencils

Is that good? I think that's good.

No. No, this is not good.

https://www.amazon.com/Hepkat-Provisioners-Self-Inflating-Whoopie-Cushion/dp/B002NSTVW0

Maybe I'll come get them this weekend...scratchhead.gif

• Like 1

The thread titled "College Perimeters" makes me want to gouge out my own eyes.

The first sentence isn't a vast improvement either:

"Besides financial (of course), what perimaters do/did you have in mind for your child when looking at colleges?"

Um... I'd like them to not be about mom, or around mom, or w/e. I'd like my kid to be independent in dealing college, tyvm. Like, maybe the college can be their alma mater... (nourishing mom). 

• Like 2

Don't buy one! I was going to get it with a big order so we don't pay shipping. My art thing should make $50, no problem.

blushing.gif

Free shipping with Amazon Prime. Since I can't really leave the animals to come rescue them and whisk them away to a life of snowmen and N. Idaho snowcones and eternal spoiling...

• Like 1

I took the kids to the thrift store after Mass. it was good in that I found ds a winter coat and a bunch of matchbox cars to reward pooping on the potty, and some my little ponies for the 6yo’s shoe on St Nicholas Day or for getting through the dentsit if necessary. It was bad in that I had to take all four of the children to the store. Oh my gosh ds. I’m now THAT MOM with the kid who whines constantly and pushes all the buttons on battery powered anything that will make obnoxious noises and wiggles around on the filthy floor and runs away giggling and...

Regency ladies also had nannies.

I think you and Slash should get together for a bulk shipping rate and send 'em all here.

grin-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 1

I think that I will be a terrible terrifying terrific grandmother.

It's not the shopping that bothers me, it's the lack of respect regarding purchases. She likes to buy numerous items because she likes a lot of presents. Because she cannot afford that she buys a lot of Dollar Store things and then the children are sad when they break that day. She doesn't care that they're sad she only cares that she gets to send a lot of presents. She wanted to buy a huge (lovely!) kitchen that we do not have the room for. When I told her we didn't have room she said to make room. You have been to my apartment. What exactly should I get rid of to make room? The couch or the crib? If I asked you not to purchase a woopie cushion became it encourages bad behavior you would respect that request.

Congratulations!

:lol:
  • Like 2

I've got no clue what I'll be like as a grandmother. I just know that I'll make babies cry.

My headache is a little better. I'm thinking about taking a hot bath and reading for a while. I ought to play catch up and get 1200 more words to make up for a sub-par writing day yesterday, but my time would be better spent reading, and then editing the manuscript I want to send off to agents at the end of this month.

Decisions, decisions.

Or I could pull out my still life from yesterday and work on it.

ETA: But maybe I'll be the kind of grandmother who is good with moody teenagers. 

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 1