Menu

Ignore this thread!

Tonight for dinner we had secret ingredient* gf waffles.  There are happy children and no leftovers.

Oh, and we had bacon.   :D

*secret ingredient = baby food substituted for the oil

What flavor?

Remember at the beginning of the year when I said it would be less busy for me this year since I would be working part-time and no longer in school? Ummm...

What's up?

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dh has been felpful tonight going over the kids' work, and had to look up apositives for ds12's grammar lesson. After talking about it for a while, dh told ds12 that he should use as many apositive phrases tomorrow as he can. Ds responded with, "That challenge, difficult and miserable as it may be, will be taken." Oh great. Almost as annoying as The Great Pun Challenge of 2016.

Dd8, on the other hand, has been sobbing in her room for an hour because she decided it would just be easier to write down random number answers on her math facts sheet. 🙄 Yep, it's easier for sure.

• Like 8

Dh has been felpful tonight going over the kids' work, and had to look up apositives for ds12's grammar lesson. After talking about it for a while, dh told ds12 that he should use as many apositive phrases tomorrow as he can. Ds responded with, "That challenge, difficult and miserable as it may be, will be taken." Oh great. Almost as annoying as The Great Pun Challenge of 2016.

Dd8, on the other hand, has been sobbing in her room for an hour because she decided it would just be easier to write down random number answers on her math facts sheet. 🙄 Yep, it's easier for sure.

That story, while unlikely to happen at my house, is hilarious!
  • Like 1

Anyone have experience getting an IRS Verification of Non-Filing if you don't have a credit card? Apparently the IRS will not accept his Bank VISA for identification. I swear FAFSA is trying to kill us off so the government doesn't have to bother with not giving us any college funds. If ds21 was getting anything from the feds for this, it would just almost make it worthwhile. But he's not. Unfortunately, the university will not give him any of his university scholarships without it.

I have instructed my family to notify y'all if I die of a stroke before this is all over. 💀

• Like 2

Grrr! Refrigerator shopping! Grr! At least we can do it in the comfort of our own home and not walking up and down the cold aisles of Lowe's. I hate shopping. Slashie, you like shopping. Come and decide for me!

We got a Samsung French door with extra fridge drawer and bottom drawer freezer and I like it a lot. I wish we'd had room for the slightly bigger model, but this one works well. We had to fit it into a smallish fridge space next to a wall wall with a window. Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

We got a Samsung French door with extra fridge drawer and bottom drawer freezer and I like it a lot. I wish we'd had room for the slightly bigger model, but this one works well. We had to fit it into a smallish fridge space next to a wall wall with a window.

Oooh, I like that!

Anyone have experience getting an IRS Verification of Non-Filing if you don't have a credit card? Apparently the IRS will not accept his Bank VISA for identification. I swear FAFSA is trying to kill us off so the government doesn't have to bother with not giving us any college funds. If ds21 was getting anything from the feds for this, it would just almost make it worthwhile. But he's not. Unfortunately, the university will not give him any of his university scholarships without it.

I have instructed my family to notify y'all if I die of a stroke before this is all over. [emoji88]

I'm sorry, Susan. What I.D. will they accept? Passport? Drivers license?

Rocky has Cushing's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

We got a Samsung French door with extra fridge drawer and bottom drawer freezer and I like it a lot. I wish we'd had room for the slightly bigger model, but this one works well. We had to fit it into a smallish fridge space next to a wall wall with a window.

For a second I thought Krissi wrote this post and I thought, "Wow!  That was fast!  I can't believe they delivered it that fast too!"  Then I realized is was Susan.  Need.more.coffee.....

• Like 5

I'm sorry, Susan. What I.D. will they accept? Passport? Drivers license?

This is to set up an online account with the IRS so they will transfer his documents to FAFSA electronically. So they already have his SS number, but they also require an account with a financial institution like a credit card or mortgage. (Not terribly helpful for a college student). The IRS gives a way to do this over the phone but that has been a dead end. We think we've found the correct form, though it is not called what FAFSA says it is called, and it also says this form is used for getting documentation that is more than 3 years old, which is not the case here. Ds will have to mail or fax it in and pray it's the right one because we can't get through to anyone at the IRS to actually ask.

All we need the IRS to do is to tell FAFSA that ds did not file a tax return for 2015.

• Like 1

Good morning!

I stayed up way too late last night (this morning). First we watched Superman V Batman and then I watched an episode of Crazy Girlfriend.

I need pantz so I can get to Aldi and I will not forget my credit card this time. I am thankful that we now have money to buy groceries. Ds21 has a symphony concert tonight that features a piece using traditional Chinese instruments. Should be cool.

I hear howling outside. I can't tell if it's a neighbor kid or a cat.

• Like 3

Tonight for dinner we had secret ingredient* gf waffles.  There are happy children and no leftovers.

Oh, and we had bacon.   :D

*secret ingredient = baby food substituted for the oil

Last night at ILs' house I made brussels sprouts with bacon for MIL and me.  DH and FIL made plenty of comments, but they didn't have to eat any, and since the sprouts were roasted in the oven there wasn't even the smell to complain about.   :001_tt2:  to them.

I used twice the bacon the recipe called for so I omitted the ghee, figuring I had more than enough bacon fat in which to toss the sprouts before roasting.  MIL declared it a winner and we both ate plenty.  I might try this again when family visits, just to see if I can corrupt some of my niblings.

My mom's "secret ingredient" for pancakes was sour milk.  When we were growing up we could actually get fresh milk that would sour quite nicely (if we didn't drink it all too quickly).  Today's milk options just turn nasty, and don't sour right.

• Like 2

I have instructed my family to notify y'all if I die of a stroke before this is all over. 💀

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

How many forms of ID do they need?

I have been curious about those extra drawers.  How do you like it?  How do you use it?  How long have you had it?

That one wasn't it - ours doesn't have the weird secret opening door thing. But it looks like it from the outside. :D

I missed this link.  Care to share it again?  I'm curious about a fridge with secret openings!

This is to set up an online account with the IRS so they will transfer his documents to FAFSA electronically. So they already have his SS number, but they also require an account with a financial institution like a credit card or mortgage. (Not terribly helpful for a college student). The IRS gives a way to do this over the phone but that has been a dead end. We think we've found the correct form, though it is not called what FAFSA says it is called, and it also says this form is used for getting documentation that is more than 3 years old, which is not the case here. Ds will have to mail or fax it in and pray it's the right one because we can't get through to anyone at the IRS to actually ask.

All we need the IRS to do is to tell FAFSA that ds did not file a tax return for 2015.

What about a savings account?  Would that qualify as an account with a financial institution?

This morning's breakfast is brie with apples because I needed food NOW and my preferred (and better for me) option wasn't available.  I have now finished, and will go grocery shopping this morning instead of this afternoon, since DD12 is NOT ready to do the shopping she needs and we agreed we would do today.  I warned her she will have to deal with more crowds in the store and more walking as a result.  

I'll finish catching up later.  Have a good day, everyone!

• Like 2

Good Morning!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Now the stupid FAFSA fridge is dead. Not just the freezer. And nobody in our general driving area stocks refrigerators. Everything is "available for delivery March 3-7". And that's including Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. fortunately we have the freezer in the garage and this summer we bought a little fridge for the garage to hold the over flow fruit. So, DH just cleaned out the fridge and put the meat and dairy in there. I had been thinking about going to Costco yesterday. I'm glad I didn't.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Good Morning!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Now the stupid FAFSA fridge is dead. Not just the freezer. And nobody in our general driving area stocks refrigerators. Everything is "available for delivery March 3-7". And that's including Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. fortunately we have the freezer in the garage and this summer we bought a little fridge for the garage to hold the over flow fruit. So, DH just cleaned out the fridge and put the meat and dairy in there. I had been thinking about going to Costco yesterday. I'm glad I didn't.

Prime?

Prime?

I had no idea you could buy refridgerators on Prime. But, they don't seem to have 2-day delivery.

We are going to borrow my mom's small refridgerator, so between that one and our little one, and the deep-freeze, we should be able to limp along until we can get something. Some of the places had stainless steel in stock, but all of my appliances are white and so is my tile, etc. so I don't want to go stainless steel.

• Like 1

Good Saturday morning!

Sleep in (slightly) - check

feed/water dog/cat and scoop litter box - check

make coffee and drink it - in progress

etc., etc., etc.,

Jean, do you know which kind of Cushings and what the treatment / prognosis is?

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Did they determine type/cause/treatment options?

The tech who called me wouldn't tell me. Apparently only the vet can speak to me about that. I'm going in to talk to him on Monday. I'm guessing that it's pituitary though because she said that he would discuss medication st that time and I am under the impression that that applies to the pituitary kind. Fortunately the vet visit cost was covered under the testing cost that we paid.

• Like 4