Menu

Ignore this thread!

A couple of months this time. I now do it without the video so i can do more reps. Between the woe and exercise, I've lost 8-10 inches off each of my waist and hips.

Whoa, like!

Liking for the results of your hard work, not the woe.   :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No way! My mom grew up in a farm in Kiester, south of Wells, but a lot of the family lives in the Twin Cities now.

A few years back I was in a church dinner group with a guy who it turns out grew up in a house around the block from where I grew up. So crazy.

That's down near Blue Earth, isn't it?

So cool!  

• Like 1

One way to rid your home of candy corn is to have the neighbor boys over to play. They will quietly pass by the bowl every 45 seconds to sneak another handful until they are all gone.

When I was in college I worked at a nice laundromat.  My boss decided to have a bowl of candy out for customers and trick-or-treaters, since there was a family-oriented apartment complex nearby.  We didn't get many customers that evening and only got 3 trick-or-treaters, 3 boys, approximately 8th grade, who came in together.  I told them to help themselves and pointed to the candy bowl, then went to answer the phone.  When I got back the entire large bowl was completely empty.

I didn't tell my boss that 3 boys emptied out her bowl.  She was thrilled the next morning about the store having had trick-or-treater traffic, so I just let it go.

• Like 5

Have I told you about the wind chime that we got in Bar Harbor, Maine that I love so much?

http://www.northcountrywindbells.com/index.php/bell-buoys/bar-harbor-bell-detail

It's quiet now, but has such a peaceful ring when the wind blows.

Dh just called and said they and the tow truck/car are almost home. Hopefully the auto shop will have an alternator in stock.

• Like 6

One way to rid your home of candy corn is to have the neighbor boys over to play. They will quietly pass by the bowl every 45 seconds to sneak another handful until they are all gone.

:huh:

I wonder when they last washed their hands.

Perhaps it's just as well that they disappear. :ack2:

• Like 4

Good Afternoon!

I'm having my afternoon cuppa while watching Seattle and San Francisco play.

I'm ketchupped.

Jeannie, hope you're feeling better!

I've never been to Minnesota.

Slashie and Renai, the pictures were just wonderful!

I wish we had dark clouds and rumbly thunder.

I like tent camping,but we haven't been in years. Our mountains have been burning for the past couple of summers.

I have no opinion on candy corn.

Susan, I like that wind chime thing!

I'm looking at real estate in Idaho. There's no real chance we'll ever get out of this godforsaken state,but a girl can dream.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 9

We used to go camping every year when I was little. I want to start the tradition with my kids, but we just haven't had the opportunity. Apparently time and money are mutually exclusive. We either have one or the other, never both.

I just made the world's most awesome pork chops. I didn't do anything special, but they turned out really well. Now I've sent DH to the store because I am in desperate need of chocolate.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I just made the world's most awesome pork chops. I didn't do anything special, but they turned out really well. Now I've sent DH to the store because I am in desperate need of chocolate.

Recipe!

I'm back from seeing family. They are very good to me. They leave me nicely alone after they feed me and exchange pleasantries. I worked on some plans for my short story, but AMJ gets to take a good look at it before I go messing around with it.

• Like 3

Good Afternoon!

I'm having my afternoon cuppa while watching Seattle and San Francisco play.

I'm ketchupped.

Jeannie, hope you're feeling better!

I've never been to Minnesota.

Slashie and Renai, the pictures were just wonderful!

I wish we had dark clouds and rumbly thunder.

I like tent camping,but we haven't been in years. Our mountains have been burning for the past couple of summers.

I have no opinion on candy corn.

Susan, I like that wind chime thing!

I'm looking at real estate in Idaho. There's no real chance we'll ever get out of this godforsaken state,but a girl can dream.

Dream, baby, dream!  Dreaming is the first step toward action.

Okay, that sounded pretty vomitrocious.  But, seriously, ya gotta start somewhere.

• Like 6

I am in the process of making membrillo jam and jelly. Dh found a tree growing a lot of them, so he picked 'em (only the ones outside the wall by the road). Only he likes the flavor of them raw, with red chile powder. He asked me if I could make a mermelada with them, so I googled it. Therefore, I am now in the process of making quince jam and jelly.

• Like 7

I have not been on any other threads except this one and ones on the high school board. I every once in a while will visit the prek/k board. Therefore, I have no idea what is going on, and I refuse to google it. I can pray though.

Missing Aspen hiker is a Hive member's stepbrother.

• Like 2

I have not been on any other threads except this one and ones on the high school board. I every once in a while will visit the prek/k board. Therefore, I have no idea what is going on, and I refuse to google it. I can pray though.

David has been missing for 6 days in Colorado. He was hiking and has 3 children under 14. He's Jan in Texas's brother.

The other thread that has really chapped my hide is the one about the 17-year-old girl flying alone for the first time who got seated next to a perv.  People are chiming in with some really helpful advice.  Me?  I want to post about bazookas.

I don't think that I'm TSA-approved.

• Like 5

:confused1:   Huh?

Given the context I now suspect this is a reference to some character in a super hero movie I haven't seen.  And am unlikely to see in the near future.

I hope that's the case.  Everyone knows Saran wrap is for varicose veins, not faces.

• Like 1

I'm going to go put soup away, then it's bedtime.  After the usual bedtime routine (including the extra of putting the cat's clean bedding back on the foot of DD12's bed) I get a quick shower to degoat and then I get to read new stuff!  Yay!

Nighty-night, all!  Kids, hurry up and get into bed!

• Like 3

I've been afraid to check back on the hiker thread, too. Sigh.

I do not know what a membrillo is. I know what a quince is. If they are the same thing, I think membrillo has a more interesting and appetizing sound than quince.

David has been missing for 6 days in Colorado. He was hiking and has 3 children under 14. He's Jan in Texas's brother.

Missing Aspen hiker is a Hive member's stepbrother.

I just checked. (The last page, at least) Doesn't look like the OP has updated. The last page of the thread is just "good thoughts and prayers" from Hive members. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

I just checked. (The last page, at least) Doesn't look like the OP has updated. The last page of the thread is just "good thoughts and prayers" from Hive members.

I've been googling his name and "missing hiker."  It just breaks my heart.  Further south in my state, there was a missing 2 year old months and months ago.  There is much speculation that the family knows more than they are saying, but the result is the same. :sad:

• Like 2

She just updated.

"There was a confirmed report of him setting out on TUESDAY-- so he made it down on Monday. So search today was of 2 possible peaks (Pyramid or North Maroon??). He had a light jacket and a day pack (no tent)."

I'm going to keep checking so if there's news I'll let you know.

• Like 5

She just updated.

"There was a confirmed report of him setting out on TUESDAY-- so he made it down on Monday. So search today was of 2 possible peaks (Pyramid or North Maroon??). He had a light jacket and a day pack (no tent)."

I'm going to keep checking so if there's news I'll let you know.

Thanks, Slash.

• Like 2