Menu

Ignore this thread!

31 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Cinnamon needs psychotherapy.  She can probably get a phone consult for a reasonable rate.  There is a lady in my neighborhood who provides therapy over the phone, but she only deals with cats.

I definitely think there are unresolved issues. Perhaps they can get together and discuss their feelings.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dh is watching Reign on Netflix.    Season 3 I guess, where King Francis is dying.  I don't really watch, just catch bits here and there.   So, I came home from taking Dd to TKD and was walking through the living room and glanced at the tv which is paused on a scene with King Francis and Mary Queen of Scots.   

And I said "What? Francis isn't dead yet?". 

Dh doesn't answer.

I turn to look at him and he's on the phone...

with his mother....

whose name is Frances.   ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Dh is watching Reign on Netflix.    Season 3 I guess, where King Francis is dying.  I don't really watch, just catch bits here and there.   So, I came home from taking Dd to TKD and was walking through the living room and glanced at the tv which is paused on a scene with King Francis and Mary Queen of Scots.   

And I said "What? Francis isn't dead yet?". 

Dh doesn't answer.

I turn to look at him and he's on the phone...

with his mother....

whose name is Frances.   ?

My dh said that he hopes your dh wasn't on speakerphone.

• Haha 4

Y'all, I'm about to choke someone and I don't intend to use the force, I'm gonna get up close and personal!  My dd (and I don't mean darling!) has a friend flying so that they can go to a concert.  Stupid to me but, whatever.  So this friend was supposed to fly into the airport closest to us and I told dd that I would be willing to pick her up.  Well, come to find out out, she's flying to the airport farther away, I told dd that I would pick her up anyway since I gave my word.  Well, my Ds has said that he would be able to pick her up since he'll be off, great idea.  Dd tells me that she leaves out at 8:00 on her day of departure and my Ds will be at work.  Do you know what time I'll have to get up  to get her to the airport by 8!  I told dd that I would do it but, in the future she would need to make sure of all the details for things that needed me time.  Do you know that she tried to get upset?  It took everything in me not go completely off!

Edited by mama25angels
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Good morning!

Hope your head settles down, Junie!

Slachey and Mama had a wild party without us.

I think my really bad nights of sleep the past week might have been because dh's white noise machine broke.  So last night I put a YouTube 10-hour white noise video on my phone and slept MUCH better!

My knees are staunchly opposed to Tootsie Rolls.  ☹️

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!!

I have a meeting with the therapist this morning about DS1. DS1 won’t see him (he is seeing the school pastor, though, per stipulation of the contract he is on with the school), but I have an appointment. I think it will go well. I hope. I wish I could tell everyone what’s going on, but being a public forum, I really can’t. I just covet everyone’s prayers.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Krissi, I'm not sure about this team of yours.  ?

It’s not really the team I like, but the QB, Derek Carr. He played for Fresno State and just became a real favorite of everyone in the Valley. He’s an all-around good guy, family man. One of his sons had some medical issues, so now Derek champions the cause of the area children’s hospital. So, basically, if he dumps the Raiders (which everyone hopes he does), we’ll just cheer for whatever team he ends up on next.?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s not really the team I like, but the QB, Derek Carr. He played for Fresno State and just became a real favorite of everyone in the Valley. He’s an all-around good guy, family man. One of his sons had some medical issues, so now Derek champions the cause of the area children’s hospital. So, basically, if he dumps the Raiders (which everyone hopes he does), we’ll just cheer for whatever team he ends up on next.?

This is how Tennessee feels about Payton Manning. :biggrin:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

This is how Tennessee feels about Payton Manning. :biggrin:

This reminds me:  Every.single.time I ask for "volunteers" to do something, dd10 tells me, "We're not Tennessee fans, Mom."

Now the truth is that she's not really a fan of any college football team, nor has she ever watched a game.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning. 

Slache, have you ever tried melatonin?

Mama - we have a group of ITTers on Fitbit (including Angi) who do challenges.  If you want to join us, PM me your Fitbit name (I think that's what I need.  One of you tell me if it is something else.)

Susan - I listen to rain noises every night for 8 hours on Spotify as my white noise.  Some nights if I need to occupy my racing thoughts I put on instrumental hymns very very softly so that my mind can focus on the hymns but I can still get to sleep. 

Last night I went from ten repetitions on my hip exercises to twelve because the ten were becoming so easy.  My hips hurt SOOOOO much from those two additional reps.  My stoopid body is so wimpy and sensitive.  I had to get up and take two different pain pills so that I could sleep. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2