• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

We won't pay hers off. She'll never pay us back. Do you mean pay ours off and give the plan to her? That's what started this thought process. Her bill would be higher if she wasn't on a family plan and she would hold it against us. We have a lot to consider. :glare:

But doesn't your credit suffer if she is late on your portion and you don't have the money to pay it for her?  What if she continues to be late or defaults on her portion all together? 

• Like 2

But doesn't your credit suffer if she is late on your portion and you don't have the money to pay it for her? What if she continues to be late or defaults on her portion all together?

We make the payment and she puts the money in our account. The problem is that her portion is so big that it effects our grocery budget.

May your hair be shining and bright and your tree evergreen.

(By the way, my non-food fixer 12yo dd is eating Tostitos as I type. :D )

This reminds me of the dwarf blessing, "May your beard grow ever longer." This is a much loved joke in our family:-). The kids often also say, "Oh Mother, you are the delight of mine eyes." From Narnia. Of course.

• Like 4

Good for you! I feel for you! I hate having company. It stresses me out. And next week we're having guests two days in a row. I'm already stressing. They're just kids,but kids stress me worse. At least one group I only am providing snack for! Feeding kids makes me batty! Once one of DS's friends was over for lunch.... This kid had such bad manners I was speechless. Absolutely speechless.

Huh, that's weird.  I don't remember my DS going over your house for lunch.  Weird.  :leaving:

• Like 4

Good for you! I feel for you! I hate having company. It stresses me out. And next week we're having guests two days in a row. I'm already stressing. They're just kids,but kids stress me worse. At least one group I only am providing snack for! Feeding kids makes me batty! Once one of DS's friends was over for lunch.... This kid had such bad manners I was speechless. Absolutely speechless.

Yes, the manners. Plus, they want to run all over the house to eat. Mama's not havin' none of that. Kids eat at tables. I have a hard enough time cleaning without crumb and sticky mess all over the house. It hurts them not one little bit to sit down at a table to stuff face. And, they are picky. So they want junk food. But if you make junk food, their moms are all like, "Loooooser, don't you know those things have food coloring or chemicals and they are of the devil?!" There is no winning when kids come over. 

Gasp. :huh:

My non food fixer was given a large brekkie of organic yogurt, turkey bacon and a banana.  He complained that the banana was "too heavy" and said, "Why don't you eat it???"  I declined.  Really nice of him to offer, though. :hat: When he was about four, he sat down to dinner with all of us sitting there and asked, "Who made this awful, awful food?" :lol:   I could do nothing but burst out laughing.  We still say this to each other, over a decade later.  I think he landed in the right family.

He eats On the Border chips, btw.  

My hair seems good, and I made it through another dye.  I hate dyeing! (Lots of opportunity in that one for those who are so inclined.)

Dh came home with a table top Christmas tree after going to a different Sams while he was out.   :coolgleamA:   I have scored big today with dyed roots and a table top tree.

Family legend says that when dh was a little tyke, he asked his mom once at the dinner table, "What's this hunk o junk?!" Notice I said once :lol:
  • Like 4

Dds and neighbor friend were doing each other's nails and now I can't get the smell out of the house. It's freezing outside but I may turn up the heat and open the windows anyway.

And this is why we never do nails.

ETA: :ack2:

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

Ok... so... super exciting news as I really hunker down with the numbers here. I promise to stop talking about money after this. In our 2015 monthly budget if we paid all of our bills and planned for what I considered adequate grocery money we were behind by $165. In our 2016 monthly budget if we pay all of our bills and plan for what I consider adequate grocery money we will have $85 left over. We have been scrimping and saving and working 3 jobs, trying desperately to pay debt off and every year is better but this year is finally *good*. I feel so relaxed. This is so nice.

#daveramsey

#igivehaircutsathome

#imnotgoodatit

• Like 10

Ok... so... super exciting news as I really hunker down with the numbers here. I promise to stop talking about money after this. In our 2015 monthly budget if we paid all of our bills and planned for what I considered adequate grocery money we were behind by $165. In our 2016 monthly budget if we pay all of our bills and plan for what I consider adequate grocery money we will have $85 left over. We have been scrimping and saving and working 3 jobs, trying desperately to pay debt off and every year is better but this year is finally *good*. I feel so relaxed. This is so nice.

#daveramsey

#igivehaircutsathome

#imnotgoodatit

I began giving ds15 haircuts this year at his request.  I'm not good at it yet, but he isn't vain and is willing to let me make mistakes on his head if he doesn't have to talk to strangers at the barbershop.

For each haircut, dh takes $15 out of the haircut part of the budget and puts it into the homeschool part of the budget.  Win-win!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 8

I began giving ds15 haircuts this year at his request. I'm not good at it yet, but he isn't vain and is willing to let me make mistakes on his head if he doesn't have to talk to strangers at the barbershop.

For each haircut, dh takes $15 out of the haircut part of the budget and into the homeschool part of the budget. Win-win!!

We actually don't have a homeschool budget. We will soon, I imagine. My dad's always throwing money at us and telling us to get stuff for the kids and for now that's enough.

• Like 1

We actually don't have a homeschool budget. We will soon, I imagine. My dad's always throwing money at us and telling us to get stuff for the kids and for now that's enough.

We have to have a budget now that I am homeschooling 6.  This is (I think) our first year having a homeschool budget; before this year I just bought whatever I wanted (within reason).  I was spending too much money, and hence the restriction was born.  

Dd5 hasn't been feeling well today.  She's had a headache for 2 days and she threw up once a few hours ago.  She has no appetite and she took a nap this afternoon.

Just now she walked up to me and said "Homeschool?"  I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie instead.

"No.  Homeschool."  

And so we are doing homeschool...   :huh:

• Like 5

Maybe I should know, what is STWWAO?

That was me too lazy to type out Suppose the Wolf Were an Octopus.  I have no idea if that is the "correct" acronym on this board.

We're using the Gr. 3-4 book as our reading list this year.  DS loves the discussions.  He's read 13 books so far this year, just to do the discussions.  They're based on Bloom's Taxonomy and it is my unexpected WIN of the year. :)

• Like 1

We have to have a budget now that I am homeschooling 6.  This is (I think) our first year having a homeschool budget; before this year I just bought whatever I wanted (within reason).  I was spending too much money, and hence the restriction was born.  

I don't have a budget.  I'm so cheap that I am my own budget. :lol:   The reason I teach English at co-op is for the discount on the other classes the kids take there.  Online classes are expensive, yo.  And we will be taking more and more of them.  They are as expensive as CC classes.

• Like 2

Dd5 hasn't been feeling well today.  She's had a headache for 2 days and she threw up once a few hours ago.  She has no appetite and she took a nap this afternoon.

Just now she walked up to me and said "Homeschool?"  I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie instead.

"No.  Homeschool."  

And so we are doing homeschool...   :huh:

I like that girl's determination!

And hope she's feeling better.  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I like that girl's determination!

And hope she's feeling better.  :grouphug:

Yeah, this is my girl who finished the Abeka K math book in 5 weeks.

She started the Abeka 1 math book last week (? -- too lazy to walk myself back to figure it out) and she's already on Lesson 20.

Yes, and I hope she's feeling better really soon.  We're having Christmas here tomorrow.  People with compromised immune systems will be coming (plus me).  I'm stressing a little bit about this...

And so, I'm going back to listening to dd5 count dimes.  Ten, Tenty, Yirty, Vorty, Vivty.

• Like 2

Ds18 has never had a professional haircut.

I didn't until I met a hairdresser. We became really close friends and she was mortified that I cut my own hair. She started giving me haircuts and highlights and feathers and we giggle about all the young boys she likes. She's 23. She adores my kids too. It's always fun to get a haircut. ;) I usually cut my own because it's convenient. She always picks at it telling me what I did wrong when we meet for coffee.

DD is online in her last Prob/Counting class.  She will need to work on some of the problems this weekend but we will DO NO SCHOOL  next week!  Yay!

Monday we'll be headed to the Really Big City and Staying in a Hotel and Shopping, just us girls:  Dd, Nana, and Me!  :party:

• Like 4

That was me too lazy to type out Suppose the Wolf Were an Octopus. I have no idea if that is the "correct" acronym on this board.

We're using the Gr. 3-4 book as our reading list this year. DS loves the discussions. He's read 13 books so far this year, just to do the discussions. They're based on Bloom's Taxonomy and it is my unexpected WIN of the year. :)

Sounds good! Adding it to my maybe list for next year!

• Like 1

I didn't until I met a hairdresser. We became really close friends and she was mortified that I cut my own hair. She started giving me haircuts and highlights and feathers and we giggle about all the young boys she likes. She's 23. She adores my kids too. It's always fun to get a haircut. ;) I usually cut my own because it's convenient. She always picks at it telling me what I did wrong when we meet for coffee.

If I'm living large I will get my hair cut twice a year.  Otherwise I just let it live a life of leisure. 

• Like 4

We're having steak with mushroom sauce, broccoli, and mashatatoes for dinner. You people are terrible parents.

We had that yesterday.

Today DS asked to have party food to celebrate Christmas break, since German and history got completed along with the rest of the week's work, and so:

Grilled cheese

Lay's Classic chips

Dole mixed fruit in cherry gel (because jello, duh)

Vanilla Coke

He on his iPad with earbuds

Me on my phone hanging with you all

Terrible parent? Maybe. But he just looked up and said, luv you!

So I think I'm doin' this mom thang just fine. 😎

• Like 6

We had that yesterday.

Today DS asked to have party food to celebrate Christmas break, since German and history got completed along with the rest of the week's work, and so:

Grilled cheese

Lay's Classic chips

Dole mixed fruit in cherry gel (because jello, duh)

Vanilla Coke

He on his iPad with earbuds

Me on my phone hanging with you all

Terrible parent? Maybe. But he just looked up and said, luv you!

So I think I'm doin' this mom thang just fine. 😎

I'm outta likes again, but I think it sounds perfect!

• Like 1

If I'm living large I will get my hair cut twice a year.  Otherwise I just let it live a life of leisure. 

I get mine cut twice a year, too.  It's the color that is the maintenance.

I think I felt a kick! It was more of a stretch. I'm 13 weeks. Am I crazy?

Nope.  I felt one of my pretty early.  People said it wasn't possible.

• Like 3

I feel "kicks" from weeks 2-8. I've never figured out what they are. I assume my uterus expanding? A doctor suggested gas. That was romantic. I've had it with all three pregnancies and I'm always uncomfortable when it stops until real kicks begin. I guess I feel like pain is moving forward and comfort is upsetting. :lol:

Edited by Slache

Dh and the boys are at a Mavs game for one kid's bday.  I always worry a little. :huh:

So meanwhile, back at the ranch, the other kid and I are watching bad lip reading NFL videos.  They made a guy say, "Buy a toaster.  You'll robably use it." and stuff like that.  I highly recommend it. :lol:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

Here's another photo showing the turnout for the Star Wars party last saturday and Chewie getting the young fans riled up for Episode 7. :)

We finally saw it tonight and I'll have you know that I only cried for twenty minutes!

nommmE0l.jpg

It can't really be seen from this angle, but the line for pictures goes back about 20 feet and then around the corner to the left and disappears... ;-)

Edited by MarkW
  • Like 7

If I'm living large I will get my hair cut twice a year. Otherwise I just let it live a life of leisure.

I get my hair cut and colored every 7-8 weeks. I go gray so fast, it just has to be. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow! I can't wait. A whole hour away from the honyaks! Blessed peace and gossip in the beauty shop chair!

I came "this close" to hitting the neighbor and her dogs again tonight while backing out of my drive-way.  I do look.  And I inch down the driveway, stop and look again.  But I didn't see her.  I didn't see her when I was walking the car parked outside either.
Dh almost hit her and the dogs last week.  It was dark.  And rainy.  And she was wearing a dark coat.  She did have a headlamp on though but I didn't see that until almost too late.  The problem is that even when we're coming down the driveway, she doesn't take any steps to move to where we can see her better.  She will just stand letting the dogs sniff our mailbox etc.  Perhaps she just expects us to be able to see her?  You would think that two close calls would give her a clue.    Now I'm deathly afraid that I'm going to hit this neighbor but won't know it until I hear the bump. 

A Smashing Booyah to ya! 

Holiday booyahs to all and to all a good night! 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

I get my hair cut and colored every 7-8 weeks. I go gray so fast, it just has to be. I'm getting my hair done tomorrow! I can't wait. A whole hour away from the honyaks! Blessed peace and gossip in the beauty shop chair!

I got around 10 get hairs when I was about 16 and never another. My grandmother was the same and never went any grayer. I'm planning on following in her footsteps.

• Like 1

I came "this close" to hitting the neighbor and her dogs again tonight while backing out of my drive-way.  I do look.  And I inch down the driveway, stop and look again.  But I didn't see her.  I didn't see her when I was walking the car parked outside either.

Dh almost hit her and the dogs last week.  It was dark.  And rainy.  And she was wearing a dark coat.  She did have a headlamp on though but I didn't see that until almost too late.  The problem is that even when we're coming down the driveway, she doesn't take any steps to move to where we can see her better.  She will just stand letting the dogs sniff our mailbox etc.  Perhaps she just expects us to be able to see her?  You would think that two close calls would give her a clue.    Now I'm deathly afraid that I'm going to hit this neighbor but won't know it until I hear the bump. 

There's your booya(h).  ;)

Have you told her that she is practically invisible and has almost been struck twice because you don't see her, plus you have a brand new driver in the family.

If you told me that, I would be more careful.  She may truly not realize how invisible she is.

• Like 1