• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

For the face or the margarita? 'Cause she was drinking one too. :D

Take yer pick.  Because I'm talking like a pirate now.  Arggggggh.

I don't care if people drink.  I don't drink, but I don't care if other people do and I think it has zero to do with hell, in case there are literalists among us creeping on our thread.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

Shoot.  Off to Amazon.  Like I haven't spent enough money this season. 

I have wonderful visions of morning time... poetry and Bible reading and mommy-daughter bonding.  Reality?  We play games.

I'm such a loser.

The game is less than $10 so ya won't go broke, at least.

Now I'm coveting JoJosMom's margaritas.  What does that mean for me? 

Hell for you, too!

• Like 5

I tried a margarita for the first time last night at the church Christmas party. Dh begged me to try it; I suspect only so he could see the face I make every time I taste an alcoholic beverage. Poopyhead. Naturally the pastor's wife was right there to witness it. :D

Don't worry. She probably drinks too. I know I would if I have to live in that fishbowl:-)

• Like 1

Take yer pick. Because I'm talking like a pirate now. Arggggggh.

I don't care if people drink. I don't drink, but I don't care if other people do and I think it has zero to do with hell, in case there are literalists among us creeping on our thread. I drank enough in high school and college to tide me over for life, lest anyone worry I was robbed of my just desserts of liquor. :lol:

Again, I think we lived the same life when we were young:-)

There could be a teaspoon of vodka in a quart of orange juice and it would be gross to me. My mouth is overly sensitive. It is annoying.

Ah.  Bummer.  I don't know that my taste buds are so sensitive, but for sure my brain is.

True story:  When I was young and single and (relatively) attractive, I never, ever drank.  (Or partied or swore or kissed boys etc., etc.)  So the CHP wanted to use me as the "non-drinker" example for a measured-dose alcohol demonstration at a Street Faire.  When I felt sufficiently impaired that I would "give my keys back," they did a breath test on me and I measured a .04.  They got me up to a .08 AND I DON'T REMEMBER.  And my wonderful friends in the DA's office who were my support and my ride home ABANDONED ME and went bar hopping.  So the CHP officers poured me into the patrol car and took me home.  Oh, the neighbors had a FIELD DAY with that one!

• Like 8

It's with Susanne Barrett.  I may have mentioned (a hundred million times) that I :001_wub:  Susanne Barrett. 

My only recommendation would be to peruse "No Fear Shakespeare"'s version.  DD really likes their explanations of the text.  (She's the Bard-lover here.)

I have perused this, and I like it.  I will be sending the link to my sweet quiet little students. 

• Like 1

Did I mention that since I was nearly in tears after forgetting about the Advent hot chocolate on the stove which boiled over and made a giganitic mess, dh has declared it "mommy rests while we clean the house" hour?

Now I want to play Dutch Blitz.

Well.

Now I want to boil over some hot chocolate and hope for similar results.

• Like 4

Did I mention that since I was nearly in tears after forgetting about the Advent hot chocolate on the stove which boiled over and made a giganitic mess, dh has declared it "mommy rests while we clean the house" hour?

Now I want to play Dutch Blitz.

Haha.

I had a really bad week. Like really bad. So Friday, I made an egg bake with onions and sweet potatoes for lunch. I had the skillet in the oven, took it out and stuck it on the counter. Of course, when I went to serve it, I grabbed the handle. Without hot pads. Ye gads. So I am trying not to cry from the pain. Tears running down my face. Dh comes in, grabs one of the carrots in the bowl in front of me and holds it up. It was shaped like a body part. Not one of mine. You can guess where I am going with this. Anyway, his little gesture had me crying because I was laughing so hard. I could not have grown a carrot like that if I tried. And the rest of the day was on the upswing from then on.

I hope that story makes you laugh:-)

Edited by Professormom
  • Like 6

Stop it, Renai!  My computer is choking, this thread is getting so sweet!   :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:   I love that age; still a baby, but talking. :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

Oohhh....There's a lot more where that came from. Last school year while still 3yo, I put her in a bilingual half-day preschool to encourage more Spanish. I got a video of her "reading" a letter she had written, all in Spanish. I actually just now caught on that at the end she said, "Te da 'brazos, te da besos, en la noche me da mommy milk." It's hilarious. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMIL8sF3AxwEjLmDv2ZCMNJJyMKT86BDqg/view?usp=sharing

• Like 5

Oohhh....There's a lot more where that came from. Last school year while still 3yo, I put her in a bilingual half-day preschool to encourage more Spanish. I got a video of her "reading" a letter she had written, all in Spanish. I actually just now caught on that at the end she said, "Te da 'brazos, te da besos, en la noche me da mommy milk." It's hilarious. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMIL8sF3AxwEjLmDv2ZCMNJJyMKT86BDqg/view?usp=sharing

Okay, so after I swing through Oregon to pick up my pseudo-grandbabies at Slash's house, I shall pop by New Mexico for Gymnast.  :001_wub:

Oh, and tell Dancer to have her bags packed, too, because I think she's lovely and want to spoil her and have her inspire DD with her talent.  :001_wub:

• Like 3

Whoops.  Just noticed an error. 

Oohhh....There's a lot more where that came from. Last school year while still 3yo, I put her in a bilingual half-day preschool to encourage more Spanish. I got a video of her "reading" a letter she had written, all in Spanish. I actually just now caught on that at the end she said, "Te da 'brazos, te da besos, en la noche me da mommy milk." It's hilarious almost, but not, too precious for words. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oMIL8sF3AxwEjLmDv2ZCMNJJyMKT86BDqg/view?usp=sharing

There.  FIFY.

Haha.

I had a really bad week. Like really bad. So Friday, I made an egg bake with onions and sweet potatoes for lunch. I had the skillet in the oven, took it out and stuck it on the counter. Of course, when I went to serve it, I grabbed the handle. Without hot pads. Ye gads. So I am trying not to cry from the pain. Tears running down my face. Dh comes in, grabs on of the carrots in the bowl in front of me and hold it up. It was shaped like a body part. Not one of mine. You can guess where I am going with this. Anyway, his little gesture had me crying because I was laughing so hard. I could not have grown a carrot like that if I tried. And the rest of the day was on the upswing from then on.

I hope that story makes you laugh:-)

Oh my! :D

Currently outside my room I hear dishes clanking, dd17 loudly describing the characteristics of a sociopath, dh trying to get everyone to listen to the Dave Brubeck band play Take Five, and the younger kids singing "Sociopath!" in the style of a barbershop quartet. We are all happy.

• Like 5

Oh my! :D

Currently outside my room I hear dishes clanking, dd17 loudly describing the characteristics of a sociopath, dh trying to get everyone to listen to the Dave Brubeck band play Take Five, and the younger kids singing "Sociopath!" in the style of a barbershop quartet. We are all happy.

ARGH.  (Frustrated ARGH.  Not happy piratical ARGH. )

See! THIS is why I want 12 children, God.  I really, really, REALLY like the one you gave me, but, seriously? one?

I really am sorry, Susan, that you were frustrated and sad earlier.  :grouphug:

Envy is bad.

Envy is bad.

Envy is bad.

• Like 4

Dissected a sheep brain. On a Saturday. And DS said I was the best mom ever.

My work here is done.

I just can't. can't. can't. can't.  :ack2: 

My daughter isn't even in formal schooling yet and I'm already planning how to outsource. Even the thought of owl pellets is enough to turn my stomach. 

I really admire everyone who can and does do this. 

• Like 2

I just can't. can't. can't. can't. :ack2:

My daughter isn't even in formal schooling yet and I'm already planning how to outsource. Even the thought of owl pellets is enough to turn my stomach.

Owl pellets are awesome! Tiny skulls, tiny bones...
  • Like 3

I just can't. can't. can't. can't.  :ack2: 

What?!?  Owl pellets are awesome.  And not nearly as gross as dissection.

And you should see how cool otter poop and weasel poop are.  Oh, and bear poop.  And coyote poop...

• Like 2

Owl pellets are awesome! Tiny skulls, tiny bones...

*dry heave*

*dry heave*

*dry heave*

I don't know why, but just the sight of them (from pictures, never seen one in real life) reminds me of a coughed up fur ball. 

I have issues. I know this. I will try to get help.  :leaving:

• Like 3

Thumbs up!

Anyone call you a walking carpet? :D

I would have loved that, but no. :D

This one like 8 year old boy with a blue construction paper light saber kept coming back up and yelling "Chewie it's your friend Luke! I'm Luke! Chewie don't you recognize me I'm Luke!!"

The librarian kept shooing him because he kept cutting and running into photos. LOL

• Like 4

Secret Asian Man! I want that Tony Danza shirt.

Likety like like like.

ETA:

Booya Bells!  Booya Bells!

Booya all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to Booya

On a night just like today!

This the thread that never ends, never ends, never ends...

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4