Menu

Ignore this thread!

Sisters don't get to vote. :laugh:

You should rush to the doctor for essential oils to treat your Salmonella cat scratch Bartonella disease.  

Salmonella and Bartonella rhyme.  I think we could make something of that for a booya(h).

Oooooo, essential oils!!  They cure EVERYTHING.  Has anyone suggested them to Jean?  I hear that she has health challenges.

• Like 6

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Hey, Slashaboo.  Book recommendation for your self-education quest.  I'm reading The Cave and the Light by Arthur Herman.  It's a look at the views of Aristotle and Plato and how they impacted thinking throughout Western history.  :thumbup1:   (Portland Public Library has it.)

• Like 1

No. Stop with the "we" stuff.  I don't pick up men.

The collective "we".  "We" of the ITT thread.  "Picked up" on the thread.  We did not stand at a street corner catcalling a man until his head turned. :hat:

We are irresistible to all people regardless of gender, though, so please let the record show that. :gnorsi:

• Like 5

The collective "we".  "We" of the ITT thread.  "Picked up" on the thread.  We did not stand at a street corner catcalling a man until his head turned. :hat:

We are irresistible to all people regardless of gender, though, so please let the record show that. :gnorsi:

Unless he's in a utility kilt.  I could totally catcall that. :drool5:

• Like 2

Where are the pictures?  Did I miss something?

I was waiting to be told not to post by a person with a queasy stomach.  I will post in a minute and attach a warning.  I have made it sound grosser than it is really, and I like to see people's guts and all, but not everyone is weird like that.

I would probably be pro essential oils if I knew anything about them. I use eucalyptus and peppermint when I'm sick. Do I get hippie points for that?

The same lady who pointed out all the stuff on the court last night saw my gruesome cat wound and told me to put lavendar essential oil on it so I did.  I actually think it decreased the slight redness around the periphery.

• Like 2

I was waiting to be told not to post by a person with a queasy stomach.  I will post in a minute and attach a warning.  I have made it sound grosser than it is really, and I like to see people's guts and all, but not everyone is weird like that.

The same lady who pointed out all the stuff on the court last night saw my gruesome cat wound and told me to put lavendar essential oil on it so I did.  I actually think it decreased the slight redness around the periphery.

I'm pretty sure that you can rely on weirdness here. :wacko:

• Like 1

WARNING - GRUESOME WOUND  (maybe hyperbole)

Gruesome kitten wound - right after it happened on Monday.

02085850-5ECF-470A-B8E1-437D49676FF3_zps

Today (the shiny stuff is prescription antibiotic ointment):

FD3F3EA2-5487-4461-AF4B-343D6A4EF32C_zps

She is not even sorry:

CC189900-9877-4945-A8CA-7F5C8F86E42A_zps

I should have taken Teresa's advice:

480196BA-FFF8-43F3-A1AC-F2E83C3654AE_zps

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

WARNING - GRUESOME WOUND  (maybe hyperbole)

Gruesome kitten wound - right after it happened on Monday.

02085850-5ECF-470A-B8E1-437D49676FF3_zps

Today (the shiny stuff is prescription antibiotic ointment):

FD3F3EA2-5487-4461-AF4B-343D6A4EF32C_zps

She is not even sorry:

CC189900-9877-4945-A8CA-7F5C8F86E42A_zps

I should have taken Teresa's advice:

480196BA-FFF8-43F3-A1AC-F2E83C3654AE_zps

P-shaw.  Them's just flesh wounds, Tex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikssfUhAlgg

• Like 4

Hey, Slashaboo.  Book recommendation for your self-education quest.  I'm reading The Cave and the Light by Arthur Herman.  It's a look at the views of Aristotle and Plato and how they impacted thinking throughout Western history.  :thumbup1:   (Portland Public Library has it.)

Can I recommend Plato at the Googolplex for a metaphysical add-on to that? King County Library System has it. ;)

• Like 1

No thank you on the fish, but you win the internet for most informative and entertaining update.  I do feel your pain regarding the care and keeping of small animals and such.

I like those blinking, jumpy emoticons.

I KNOW, RIGHT???

I have a strong feeling I would love Brave Writer because what pieces I have garnered really resonate with me.  I do like the Windows to the World/Teaching the Classics combo I'm teaching at co op this year.  It is not high output and is incremental and formulaic.  It does put creative and natural writers in a box, but I've told them they can escape the box after learning the formula.  It is heavily literature analysis-driven.  I have a crush on Adam Andrews of the TtC DVDs.  (Also Richard R of AoPS, but this is not a math post.)

We did AoA and then The Argument Builder, which was more along the same vein as AoA.  We did them orally because we are, apparently, a low output family pre-high school.

It's coming.  I promise you that.  I've been there for a while now. :laugh:

Thank you, thank you very much!  (Elvis bow)

oh em gee 

you guys are all still here! 

I logged in first time in ages, have 19,603 notifications & I'm betting 19,000 are from this thread...... 

anyway. 

hi again  :seeya:

HI, HORNBLOWER!!!!

• Like 1

Amusing stories from my odd day...

Went to the Asian market for the first time.  Had to go to the bathroom so I went to the Women's bathroom (mall set up with Men's on the right and Women's on the left).  Walked past a man peeing in a toilet with the door wide open.  Turned quickly and walked out.  An Asian lady walked out quickly and warned me in a thick accent to not go in.  I nodded with wide eyes.  Ds12 was in the men's restroom so when he came out I quickly waved him over FAR away from the restrooms and explained the odd man in the women's restroom.  After that man left, I went in but did not go near the toilet he used.  I think he was just clueless because he didn't look drunk or homeless but what the heck, he was old enough to see that there were no urinals?  The Asian market was odd and interesting, but it smelled of shrimp and raw fish so I could not abide by it.  I got a couple of things and left.

Then I went to the salvage grocery store where we get a lot of quality food for a low, low price.  Filled the trunk for $100.  While there in the frozen foods, an older man asked me if I was gluten free.  I told him I was.  He asked if I was vegan. :confused1:  So I said no.  Then he asked if it was because I couldn't get my husband to give up the meat. :huh:  So I said that I like meat, too, but eat mostly chicken.  Big mistake.  Then he told me how most chicken has salmonella and I was spreading salmonella all over my kitchen.  So that's when I stopped responding. :glare:   

What an odd day!

Very odd!  And here I misread once again, and thought you went to the "savage grocery store".  I did wonder why some guy would think you were vegan if you were in a savage store....

• Like 2

I KNOW, RIGHT???

I mostly avoid the Chat Board now because it scares me. :leaving:

(Google Teresa Mannion video and watch it so you can get hip to the new lingo.  Oh, and Slache is pregnant.  And we picked up a man.)

I'll have to watch the video (never heard of her).  So THAT'S why everyone is talking names.  Slashie dear, I have it on good authority that names beginning with A are quite Auspicious (see what I did there?).   ^_^

Who is this man you picked up, and how heavy is he?  You didn't strain your back, did you?

• Like 1

I will post a picture of my deep kitten scratches when I applied ear mite meds in honor of hornblower's return if all agree.  It's gruesome so you all have to vote. :laugh:

Sure, let's see 'em!   :drool:  (imagine this icon without the drooling.  I wanted a wide-eyed curious look, but couldn't find an icon for it.  I promise I won't slobber on your scratches.)

• Like 1

Sisters don't get to vote. :laugh:

You should rush to the doctor for essential oils to treat your Salmonella cat scratch Bartonella disease.  

Salmonella and Bartonella rhyme.  I think we could make something of that for a booya(h).

DH thinks there should be a Lyme in there somewhere, too.  He's now cracking puns, like "Are you feeding me a Lyme" and warning me not to attribute them to him.

• Like 1

I'll have to watch the video (never heard of her). So THAT'S why everyone is talking names. Slashie dear, I have it on good authority that names beginning with A are quite Auspicious (see what I did there?). ^_^

Who is this man you picked up, and how heavy is he? You didn't strain your back, did you?

I like Amy.

Very odd!  And here I misread once again, and thought you went to the "savage grocery store".  I did wonder why some guy would think you were vegan if you were in a savage store....

One kid has taken to shouting out, "SAVAGE!" when we make a zingy comment so this is particularly funny to me.

Grades?  What grades?  We don't do grades.

(This drives my uncomprehending relatives NUTS!)

I don't do grades until I am forced to in high school.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 3

Sure, sure!  I'm pretty certain that was you I saw earlier today, with fishnet stockings to boot.  All you need now are some creamsicle mollies to complete the look.  I can help you there....

DH is watching commercials that are spoofs of Star Wars and drooling over the items shown.

• Like 1

I have caught up with the thread.

Tex, your cat resembles a tigress. Them are some nice war wounds.

No dog or cat ate me today, although some of them wanted to.

My kitten resembles a little gray rocket speeding around and hiding behind furniture so that she won't have to go to her bedroom and give me five minutes of peace.

I ate ice cream and cereal for dinner.

I think that's about it.

• Like 7

Can I recommend Plato at the Googolplex for a metaphysical add-on to that? King County Library System has it. ;)

Personally I haven't found anything yet to beat the Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet.