• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I have a great uncle named Lloyd.  He is in his 90's.

Lloyd Garmadon.    

ETA:  Please overlook the fact that this clip was clearly pirated by an 8 year old.  If you think SWB would prefer I delete it, I will gladly do so.  :laugh:

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 1

My parents named me a kind of old fashioned name, and I don't love it.  I always wanted to be Julie or Catherine.  <sob>

ETA:  I have sobbed my way to a booya(h) so Deck the Halls with Booya(h), Booya(h)

Falalalalalalalala.

#hadtocountthelas

Also, Don't make unnecessary booya(h)s!  Don't take risks on treacherous booya(h)s!  And don't swim in the booya(h)!

I hereby proclaim that you are Mrs. Julie Texasmama of the ITT.  

(You're pretend anyway, so why not?)

• Like 4

I like country names. Nobody here seemed to like Cheyenne. :(

I love Cheyenne.  I don't think of that as country.  By "country", I mean something that is a typical Southern double name, that you could imagine in the following sentence, "Wilma Lou, come slop the hogs!"  That is how my name sounds to me. :lol:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 6

Hey, Renai.

Will dd6 like this???

Of all the stuff she circled in the latest Toys R Us catalog, which was a heckuva lot, about 50% of it was remote-controlled.  I am not a fan of battery-op toys that are noisy or quick-to-lose-their-appeal or easily broken or fodder for the next garage sale, but her pile is too low and I'm stuck for ideas.  She's tough to buy for. Her choices in the catalog weren't great. This was the only r-c item I found through googling that was neither evil-looking nor clearly made for toddlers nor likely to break in 5 minutes.  And it doesn't look too big.  (We have very little toy storage space.) And it's not $40+.  

My parents named me a kind of old fashioned name, and I don't love it.  I always wanted to be Julie or Catherine.  <sob>

ETA:  I have sobbed my way to a booya(h) so Deck the Halls with Booya(h), Booya(h)

Falalalalalalalala.

#hadtocountthelas

Also, Don't make unnecessary booya(h)s!  Don't take risks on treacherous booya(h)s!  And don't swim in the booya(h)!

I dunno.  Tex may be a little old fashioned, but it IS seriously BA.

• Like 4

I was out doing errands with dd(14 tomorrow).  I saw a barrel for pet food for the needy and asked dd to look for a barrel for people.  She did not get the connection and thought I wanted a place to hide a body.  WHY?  Why would she jump to that sort of a conclusion?  I am not axe-murdery.  Or creepy.  Or pychopathic.

• Like 7

Falalalalalalalala.

#hadtocountthelas

Pshaw. (I've always wanted to say this word in real life).  Your name is not country.  Tex is a time-honored name among Texans!  Or so I heard.  A long time ago when I was gainfully employed, I worked with a man named Tex.  He even had it on his business card. 

• Like 5

Well, I get to "go by" my underwhelming middle name (Lynn) and I have a nice, rarely used, southern bell first name to go with it.

My parents joke that I was almost Cleopatra because they named older brother something similar to Marc Antony. But it's just a joke.

Anyway, my long standing name rule is to make the first name what you want to call them. Don't plan to go by middle names. It's a pain!

• Like 3

Lol. Quiet desperation.

My decorating style is Hobby Lobby 70% clearance

My decorating style is a lot of "look honey what someone was throwing out at the house we are remodeling this week" and a little of "hey, honey we have a tax refund and we may be able to finally replace that shelf."

• Like 3

I was out doing errands with dd(14 tomorrow).  I saw a barrel for pet food for the needy and asked dd to look for a barrel for people.  She did not get the connection and thought I wanted a place to hide a body.  WHY?  Why would she jump to that sort of a conclusion?  I am not axe-murdery.  Or creepy.  Or pychopathic.

Well, it was only a couple of days ago when you were talking about killing in your house...

• Like 1

Anyway, my long standing name rule is to make the first name what you want to call them. Don't plan to go by middle names. It's a pain!

Unless you're Mexican. At least all the ones I know (in my family and otherwise) go by their middle names. Except my own children.

• Like 1

Well, I get to "go by" my underwhelming middle name (Lynn) and I have a nice, rarely used, southern bell first name to go with it.

My parents joke that I was almost Cleopatra because they named older brother something similar to Marc Antony. But it's just a joke.

I go by my middle name.  Most people (besides my doctor) don't know my first name.  Dh is under strict orders to tell the doctors my middle name if they are ever trying to wake me up from a coma because I won't respond to my first name! 

• Like 1

I don't decorate. Too much to dust. I'm seriously contemplating excessive Grinchness by refusing to have a Christmas tree on the grounds that I do not want to clean up cat vomit over the holidays. 

I might just win the argument. 

I will wrap the presents. I might put up some garland over the fireplace. Maybe.

ETA: I did win the argument. No tree in favor of providing a feast for the wild animals in the front yard. 

I also have a very southern name, but I like my middle name. Should I ever publish anything, I'm going by my middle name.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3