Menu

Ignore this thread!

I need music to inspire me and pep me up so that I can adult today and actually get something tackled. All suggestions welcome. (My tastes are eclectic - from Broadway to ZZ )

Well, let's see! On my "Doing the Dishes" playlist I have The Romantics, ELO, Elton John and .38 Special (am I a child if the '80's or what?) just to name a few! Oh yeah, and Boston, a little Aerosmith and some Lynyrd Skynyrd. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

So DH and I both have the week off, a staycation. He is off doing "errands," and I have now:

Put frozen turkey in the fridge

Gently urged the boy to clean up his toy arsenal in the LR

Cleaned the shower/toilets/sinks

Vacuumed the whole house

Spot mopped the kitchen floor

Caught up with my ITT friends

Found a hack to fix our dining room chairs so the in-laws can sit comfy for Thanksgiving dinner

Sent DH back out to buy needed supplies

Switched out loads of laundry

DH's errands turned out to be one irritation after another, but I'm having a productive day! So BOOYAH!

• Like 3

So DH and I both have the week off, a staycation. He is off doing "errands," and I have now:

Put frozen turkey in the fridge

Gently urged the boy to clean up his toy arsenal in the LR

Cleaned the shower/toilets/sinks

Vacuumed the whole house

Spot mopped the kitchen floor

Caught up with my ITT friends

Found a hack to fix our dining room chairs so the in-laws can sit comfy for Thanksgiving dinner

Sent DH back out to buy needed supplies

Switched out loads of laundry

DH's errands turned out to be one irritation after another, but I'm having a productive day! So BOOYAH!

Close, but no H.

Yay for you, though!

So I tried to sync the iphone with my computer to retrieve my phone numbers from my old phone.  That is all I wanted.  But no.  Now I have been forced to make a passcode on the phone. :confused1:  I don't want no stinking passcode.  Now it's updating and I will need to google how to remove the passcode from my iphone.  I do not appreciate being bossed around by technology.  Also, it was stuck in a bad loop until little helped me get out.

• Like 1

Well, yeah.  I whined about the terrible stress it was causing me, like, pages ago.  Was that not sufficient a hint?

Okay, here is the plan:

Do the next AoPS book for math.

Do foreign language and science through Landry Academy.

Use Windows to the World/Teaching the Classics combo for writing and literature.

History of the Ancient World with Study Guide and mapping exercises.  Add in Great Courses lectures.

Enroll your dd in sport and musical instrument lesson of choice.

Done.

You're welcome.

• Like 5

I don't think I've cleaned my oven in 7 years. 8? I probably should take a look at that.

I should also look into winning a million in the lottery so that I can build my studio/art gallery and get on with life before it's over.

Happy Depressive Monday, ITT. :p

I really have been putting a lot of thought into writing/illustrating some children's books that are sneakily educational in a Seuss kind of way. I have lots of ideas but no time.

I spent about 6 hours latch hooking hair onto the Wook last night. I should be able to finish for the 12th. The stilts are a hurdle, but shouldn't be too bad. Repadding the mask is at least as important.

The sound glove... I'm not thinking about the sound glove right now. :-/

At this point you should wait for it to break and get a new one, lol. 

• Like 2

I need music to inspire me and pep me up so that I can adult today and actually get  something tackled.  All suggestions welcome.  (My tastes are eclectic - from Broadway to ZZ )

I'm a little late, but the mention of Broadway made me think of The Music Man - it's peppy enough to get you going for a bit and nice to sing along with too! 

• Like 2

I came home from CC (co-op) today and took a nap this afternoon.  I think I'm coming down with something - congestion / head cold.  The good news is that today was our last CC Monday for fall semester - big day - costume day, big feast day for lunch, etc.  (I think I've said before one of my favorite things about CC - at the lower level - is that it's only 24 weeks!!!  It's on break until January.  Yay!)

• Like 3

Well. Long story short, we are at rehab waiting on admissions and insurance approval. I don't know if it will get done today or not. Fingers crossed and praying.

We got it done. The ladies (admissions) there were super helpful and nice. The lady I help (tlih, to be now known as) was not happy about it, but she was not outright refusing rehab. She seemed happy as I left and was chatting away with some of the residents. So all in all a good outcome, but a very long day.

• Like 6

When I finally show up, everyone else disappears.

Well, we know Jean is out endangering society with heavy machinery.

Some people are listening to music. Other people are cleaning with no music.

I am helping ds11 make Apple Pie II. I have tried to make green bean casserole and it always turns out gross. I like others' green bean casserole, though.

• Like 4

Hmmm. that looks good. I think we'll try it to go alongside our Christmas entree (which I'm changing for the second year in a row, because bored of ham): https://www.pinterest.com/pin/316589048777327551/

ETA: The linked recipe I've done before, but not for Christmas.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 3