Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yeah, after looking at the supplements briefly, I think that I'm going to have to try something else.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, so my health is already precarious.  I'm doing well* right now, but I know that my health could take a downward turn at any moment.  (Although I prefer not to think about it.)

I need to find a good multi-vitamin with iron.

*well -- Junie's definition -- not terrible; able to do most things that she wants to do, even if it involves some accommodation; not pain-free, but not taking meds every day.

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Yeah, after looking at the supplements briefly, I think that I'm going to have to try something else.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, so my health is already precarious.  I'm doing well* right now, but I know that my health could take a downward turn at any moment.  (Although I prefer not to think about it.)

*well -- Junie's definition -- not terrible; able to do most things that she wants to do, even if it involves some accommodation; not pain-free, but not taking meds every day.

Junie, have you tried an anti-inflammatory diet?  Sorry, I can't remember if you've discussed dietary restrictions.

• Like 1

Are you low in iron?  If so, I recommend Floradix.  It's natural and well-absorbed.  A good B complex might help you with energy and would not hurt you.

• Like 3

Are you low in iron?  If so, I recommend Floradix.  It's natural and well-absorbed.  A good B complex might help you with energy and would not hurt you.

Personally, I prefer linguine with red clam sauce, with the clam sauce having been made in a cast iron pot.  :drool5:

(Although it might get a bit old if it were a daily thing.  Maybe.   Perhaps.)

• Like 3

That's slightly better than when you said that I was to blame for everything.  You know, you could be slightly nice to me on my birthday.

Is it your birthday, Jean????

I did not know. :svengo:

I hereby declare it JEAN DAY.  I will wear jeans in your honor.  I love you.  You are fabulous. :party:

• Like 10

Junie, have you tried an anti-inflammatory diet?  Sorry, I can't remember if you've discussed dietary restrictions.

I went on a gluten-free diet about 7 years ago.  It has made a huge difference in my health!!

I've looked at anti-inflammatory diets.  They look good.  However, making it happen in my kitchen (and with my picky eaters) is a different story.

Cutting down on dairy seems to help.  I eat yogurt (and chocolate) every day, but I only drink a cup of milk about once every few months.

That's slightly better than when you said that I was to blame for everything.  You know, you could be slightly nice to me on my birthday.

Happy Birthday

:party:  :party: :party:  :party:  :party:

:party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  :party:  

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 5

Is it your birthday, Jean????

I did not know. :svengo:

I hereby declare it JEAN DAY.  I will wear jeans in your honor.  I love you.  You are fabulous. :party:

OHMYGOSH!  I didn't even know, but somehow I knew...I'm wearing JEANS.

I am so totally psychotic! :wacko:

Happy Birthday, Jean! happybday.gif

• Like 6

Didn't mean to post and run.  I took a nap.  

Tex and Renai should have known because I told them all about going to see Spectre the other day as an early brithday present.  Then I had to explain that was James Bond.  

I am slow of mind, and you didn't actually say WHEN your bday was.  Is this sufficient excuse?   Please?  I will send you hair and cat pics if you need more.  :D

• Like 4

Current forms have been more and more inclusive. My kids often put down mixed race or even other. What irritates them and me is that it would be pc for them to put down their non-white race but not their white race. Smacks of the "one drop" rule to me.

Don't get me started on the one drop rule. Where is one drop of Indian blood going to get you in this country?

We do have a lot of people listing white and another race and white is listed as the first or the second. So I don't get what you are saying... How can your kids not put white? I always do. My mom is white and I honor that. Does the form demand one answer?

I filled in the form for both my kids and the school district put one as mixed and one as Hispanic/Latina. Whatever. Story of my life... They have three "races" if West/south Asian counts as Asian.

• Like 1

Don't get me started on the one drop rule. Where is one drop of Indian blood going to get you in this country?

We do have a lot of people listing white and another race and white is listed as the first or the second. So I don't get what you are saying... How can your kids not put white? I always do. My mom is white and I honor that. Does the form demand one answer?

I filled in the form for both my kids and the school district put one as mixed and one as Hispanic/Latina. Whatever. Story of my life... They have three "races" if West/south Asian counts as Asian.

Incompetent school administrators?! The devil you say!!

• Like 1

We have lots of forms in our lives.  None of them from any school district.  The ones we've filled out have only wanted one answer.  That may change with subsequent forms as they come up.  

I just had cereal for supper, but I used the last of the WHOLE milk dh bought for a recipe he tried the other night.  Whole milk is SO awesome. :drool5:   (And probably makes my cereal as fattening as lasagna, lol). 

Whole milk is the only milk that we ever buy.

Last week one of my dh's co-workers gave us most of a gallon of skim milk because they were going on vacation.  The only way I could get the dc to drink it was to add chocolate.

• Like 5

I just had cereal for supper, but I used the last of the WHOLE milk dh bought for a recipe he tried the other night. Whole milk is SO awesome. :drool5: (And probably makes my cereal as fattening as lasagna, lol).

We never buy anything but whole milk. Why would anyone think that cereal tastes good with water (skim) in it? It doesn't.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3

We're an almond milk family. More calcium and vitamin D. It also lasts longer than cow juice. I got tired of throwing milk away because it only lasts a week. Now I don't.

We get around that problem by consuming it.

Booyah!!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 4