Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yup. I have to cross state lines now to get blueberry cake munchkins, which are the bestest and somehow even superior to the blueberry cake donuts. So I must satisfy myself with chocolate instead. Sigh.

Now, Shhhhh...... I'm sneaking to the basement with a fresh cuppa coffee and my Boston Cream Pie donut while the kids do their chores upstairs.

Don't. Tell. Anybody.

Especially Slache... She will eat it.

• Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Dude?

Hee hee, snicker, snicker.

Because baby.

No hate here, girl. I was violently sick through both pregnancies. If I could've stuffed face, I would have been right there with ya. Your egg rolls have me drooling right now:-)

We rarely do donuts, but sometimes when we are downtown Chicago, we go to (I think) Do-Rite donuts. They had gluten-free.... Yummy.

Kitchen still looks like a bomb went off. Trying to figure out dinner. Sushi, maybe. And Twizzlers. So Slache and I can have a snack together.

• Like 4

Ok, so, completely random...

The idea popped in my head of going back to school. Matt wants to have our own business, but I'm the brains of this operation, and the beauty, wait... why did I marry him again? Anyway, I'm more the type to run a business and just tell him what to do. If we really aren't going to have another baby for a while then we have the time. We don't have the money, but between student loans, and the programs in place for moms I think we can pull it off. Matt would have to only have one job though. Hmmm... things to ponder.

• Like 2

Katz online has them.  I think there is another company that makes them.  Do you have a Sprouts nearby?  Glutino brand maybe?  I get them mixed up.  They are cake donuts and not yeasty ones, but they are not bad at all if you heat them a bit.

I've seen the Glutino brand ones.  They just looked so... plain.  Maybe I could dip them in chocolate or something.

Ok, so, completely random...

The idea popped in my head of going back to school. Matt wants to have our own business, but I'm the brains of this operation, and the beauty, wait... why did I marry him again? Anyway, I'm more the type to run a business and just tell him what to do. If we really aren't going to have another baby for a while then we have the time. We don't have the money, but between student loans, and the programs in place for moms I think we can pull it off. Matt would have to only have one job though. Hmmm... things to ponder.

What type of business?  You don't need a college degree to own most businesses, but some do require a license. 

Since you asked for my opinion, I think you ought to look into something like electrician, or sprinkler system installation and such.  Those things require training and licenses but not degrees.  And they don't pay too shabby, either.  

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

What type of business?  You don't need a college degree to own most businesses, but some do require a license.  My dh owns and runs a business and has a college degree, but he could do it without.

Since you asked for my opinion, I think you ought to look into something like electrician, or sprinkler system installation and such.  Those things require training and licenses but not degrees.  And they don't pay too shabby, either.  

:iagree:  Check out HVAC.  Good money, always needed.  You/Matt could work for someone else until you were ready to go solo.  And you don't need  a degree to run a business, just common sense-which is far more rare.

What type of business? You don't need a college degree to own most businesses, but some do require a license. My dh owns and runs a business and has a college degree, but he could do it without.

Since you asked for my opinion, I think you ought to look into something like electrician, or sprinkler system installation and such. Those things require training and licenses but not degrees. And they don't pay too shabby, either.

Yeah, we need less philosophers, and more welders.

(I know, I know, but I couldn't resist.)

• Like 2

I've seen the Glutino brand ones.  They just looked so... plain.  Maybe I could dip them in chocolate or something.

We have eaten powdered sugar, chocolate, maple glazed and regular glazed.  They were all tasty.  :)  A few years back, we found a ton of these donuts at the salvage grocery store at $1 a box so I stocked up like crazy and we ate them for a long time.  Good times, yo.

• Like 2

What type of business?  You don't need a college degree to own most businesses, but some do require a license.  My dh owns and runs a business and has a college degree, but he could do it without.

He wants something we can do as a family. Possibly bee farming. Neither of us know anything about business, so I think an AA would be beneficial. You disagree?

He wants something we can do as a family. Possibly bee farming. Neither of us know anything about business, so I think an AA would be beneficial. You disagree?

Bee farming is too risky for the sole support of a family.  You can lose your entire colony of hives in one fell swoop.  I was a bee keeper for about a year.

I think there might be some seminars put on by local organizations or the CC, but I would not get an AA.  I would focus my attention on the specific  area you want to go into.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

An AA might be helpful, but it would be far more helpful for you to work at a bee farm for a while.

Alas, there is not one close enough at this point in time.

Bee farming is too risky for the sole support of a family.  You can lose your entire colony of hives in one fell swoop.  I know. We've seriously been considering it for years so I've researched it heavily.

I think there might be some seminars put on by local organizations or the CC, but I would not get an AA.

Then what will I do with all of my spare time? :lol:

Mkay. Maybe not school. Here's the background. We lived in Ohio, thanks to husband we had a house and a car we couldn't afford, he got fired, I was 8 months pregnant with John, and he couldn't find another job except one with less than half his previous income. Our options were to file for bankruptcy or to take a loss on the house, move somewhere we could make more money, and try to pay our debt off. For some reason we chose the more difficult option.

So, for the past 4 years we've had 3 jobs between us, paid off I believe $20,000 in debt, and HAVE DONE NOTHING FOR FUN! But now we're at a turning point. We're about to have 2 more debts paid off and have the option to mix things up a bit.

I like the plumber/HVAC/electrician thing. He does too. I could do something too because long lack of pregnancy and Matt can homeschool. I can't drive because of my vision issues. I love riding a motorcycle, but this is Oregon so rain.

Ideas?

• Like 1

He got a box. Once I have a craving that's a food I can eat for days.

I don't remember ever eating frosted flakes before. I'm not sure where that came from.

Yep!  That's why I was hoping that he would bring you more than one.

I was so hungry with most of my pregnancies.  Especially my boy.

• Like 1

Mkay. Maybe not school. Here's the background. We lived in Ohio, thanks to husband we had a house and a car we couldn't afford, he got fired, I was 8 months pregnant with John, and he couldn't find another job except one with less than half his previous income. Our options were to file for bankruptcy or to take a loss on the house, move somewhere we could make more money, and try to pay our debt off. For some reason we chose the more difficult option.

So, for the past 4 years we've had 3 jobs between us, paid off I believe $20,000 in debt, and HAVE DONE NOTHING FOR FUN! But now we're at a turning point. We're about to have 2 more debts paid off and have the option to mix things up a bit.

I like the plumber/HVAC/electrician thing. He does too. I could do something too because long lack of pregnancy and Matt can homeschool. I can't drive because of my vision issues. I love riding a motorcycle, but this is Oregon so rain.

Ideas?

Oh, hey, when I was 3 months pregnant with #2 my ex-husband lost his job and then left me! But then he came back and joined the military. Speaking of the difficult option. And at the same time, my own partner was ALSO taking a loss on a house! And then his wife left him and went back to school and took out student loans.

Yay for the difficult options!

How come you can ride a motorcycle but not drive a car?!?