Menu

Ignore this thread!

:D

DD10 gets her motor-mouth honestly. Now, if I can just get her to write it all down....

ETA: this Booyah is dedicated to ProfessorMom for helping get us to a new page quickly! Time for breakfast! Read ya all later!

Awww, I would like to thanks the Academy (and AMJ:-)

• Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I am a hero.

Yes, you really are!

Okay, now that I have read what ProfessorMom just posted to get us to the new page NOW is breakfast time!

Thanks, Prof!

Okay, I AM accomplishing stuff today.  In addition to taking out the trash and recycling I also had already started the laundry.  I have now had breakfast and checked safercar.gov to see if my minivan has any recalls (none for mine), and now I have a spare minute here while the kids finish their math and get ready for "class" time.

Oh, and I have also started the search-and-retrieve mission of finding my bullet journal.  I'm in the wondering-where-I-might-have-left-it-last phase.

See?  I'm being productive!

(Tentatively sticking a toe into this thread. 110 pages long and this is my first time in it. Tiptoeing back out again to try to figure out what we are all supposed to be ignoring, but obviously no one is...)

Oh, yes we are.  We are champion ignore-amuses.  I, for example, am ignoring the education of my child.

So there.

• Like 3

It's not cheating to post and post and post when others could be expected to be there but aren't responding.  There is a lot of Booyahing going on when I'm not on the thread, so I'll Booyah when I can when I AM here.

Besides, it's in the interest of thread health.  Getting to new pages increases thread morale and helps keep the thread visible on the New Content page.  People are wandering in when they see how many pages we have!  

Also, it helps to keep some of the thread participants on the Top Posters of the Day list, which also gets people wondering.   :D

So, as you can see, I am doing all of this in the interest of our little community here.   :Angel_anim:

Nope.  Renai's right.

Cheater.

• Like 1

I'm working on my to-do list.  yay me. 

Part of the family is on a camping trip this week, so now I'm legitimately not doing school.  My bedroom hasn't looked this straight all year!  Next items on the list..... cull dress-ups, and cull curriculum stash.  (I know that doesn't sound like fun, but it's letting me avoid going to the grocery!!!)

(Tentatively sticking a toe into this thread. 110 pages long and this is my first time in it. Tiptoeing back out again to try to figure out what we are all supposed to be ignoring, but obviously no one is...)

Don't be tentative, jump right in and become a permanent resident like the rest of the cool people!  :coolgleamA:

• Like 1

Us either. It is lovely. Every time we found a snake when the boys were little, I could say, "Go pick it up" lol. I suppose it could have bitten them, but they never did. They were harmless little garters. In fact, one time, I impressed the entire neighborhood full of boys because they found a snake and I walked right up to it and grabbed it by the tail. They thought I was pretty cool. :-)

I'm cool too. We had a little garter snake in the garden. We brought him in for a few minutes to study, then put him back i the garden. We later found the he was a mom, as appeared to smaller versions a while later. We named the mom Chavela.

Same with DH when he hears me.  Sometimes I'm laughing loud enough he can hear me over his headphones.  Then he has to pause what he's listening to in order to find out what is so funny.

So in reality he's kinda sucked in, too!

Dd15 is always saying, "Don't leave me hanging, tell me!" She'll come running from the kitchen too to find out what's going on.

• Like 1

Okay, I AM accomplishing stuff today.  In addition to taking out the trash and recycling I also had already started the laundry.  I have now had breakfast and checked safercar.gov to see if my minivan has any recalls (none for mine), and now I have a spare minute here while the kids finish their math and get ready for "class" time.

Oh, and I have also started the search-and-retrieve mission of finding my bullet journal.  I'm in the wondering-where-I-might-have-left-it-last phase.

See?  I'm being productive!

I was thinking of doing my Motivated Moms chore list today. Only, I'm not so motivated.

• Like 1

They want food and baths and school and stories and I'm still. so. tired. Someone come play with my kids. And bring sprite and soft foods please. We're out of money and injured Slashi foods.

Aww. I really do wish I lived near you. I could take care of that.  :grouphug:

• Like 2

And I say that, AMJ, because I'm right, not because I'm bitter at missing my booyas.  I'm not. Not, NOT, NOT.

Hair flip.

Sure, dear.  *pats on head*

• Like 1

I'm working on my to-do list. yay me.

Part of the family is on a camping trip this week, so now I'm legitimately not doing school. My bedroom hasn't looked this straight all year! Next items on the list..... cull dress-ups, and cull curriculum stash. (I know that doesn't sound like fun, but it's letting me avoid going to the grocery!!!)

Another Lynn, I love your glasses - where did you get them?

• Like 1

Lawrence Welk?

Why, yes!  All I'm missing now are the bubbles!  If the rain holds off maybe I'll go outside with the girls to rectify that.

I hope it will stop raining here and upstream from here long enough for the flooded cars to be cleared from the roads and for our yard to firm up enough to support the mower.  Mowing doesn't work when everything sinks up to the blades due to boggy ground.

• Like 1

I'm working on my to-do list.  yay me. 

Part of the family is on a camping trip this week, so now I'm legitimately not doing school.  My bedroom hasn't looked this straight all year!  Next items on the list..... cull dress-ups, and cull curriculum stash.  (I know that doesn't sound like fun, but it's letting me avoid going to the grocery!!!)

We are preparing for another round of relatives and friends and visiting.  It is also the final school week of most of the nearby non-homeschooled cousins, so they will be loose and looking to play with my two.  I have one less day this week for all of the needed prep because my friend's retirement lunch is a ways away on Friday, and dropping off kids and Grandma's & Grandpa's and going to & from the lunch will eat up the bulk of the day, and we have our weekly Friday gathering that evening, too.

Next week will be yet another break, and I won't get to get on the thread much.  As a consequence you all can go back to griping about how Slache gets most of the booyahs instead of complaining about my few.  :001_tt2:

• Like 1

Aww. I really do wish I lived near you. I could take care of that.  :grouphug:

:iagree:   Same here.  You would take precedence over preparing for visiting, Slashie.  You are more important than housework.

Anyone: Has texasmama posted anything today? I have limited ability to check- on my phone. I'm worried because of the weather there. :-(

I checked her profile.  It shows one post from her in another thread this morning -- I didn't read it through.  I guess that means she's alive along with the rest of her household, but we will need to wait to hear how things are there.

*crossing fingers that all is well there*

• Like 2

Slache: More Important Than Housework

I like it. I made up some breakfast sandwiches, put Monsters Inc on, had my first cup of coffee in a week, and am now in bed. Later we'll do SWR cards, copywork, and play with c-rods because that's all he really cares about. Then it's PB&Js and nap time. I'll make Matt take them for a hike and bathe them. That's good enough. I'm feeling better and better every day so tomorrow might be awesome.

• Like 3

She's fine.  Just very busy.  

Yes.  What she said.

Ya'll are so sweet to worry about me, though.  :D  Thunderstorms only - no tornadoes in the near area.*

Jean is my official spokesperson because, well, I'm a celebrity or somesuch so I rate.  The pay is not good, but I will make ya laugh.  ;)

*I AM DONE WITH THIS SPRING.

Nan has acted very bad this morning.  Jean can fill you in because my life ATM is a mash-up of the scene in Mr. Mom in which the furnace repairman, the exterminator, and the TV repairwoman all show up at once and the scene from Christmas Vacation involving Chevy Chase's reaction to the Jelly of the Month club.  Google if needed.  It is SO worth it.  And I shall leave you with that....

Live long and prosper, little earthlings.  And remember, you are no one until you have been snubbed and insulted by a 96 year old woman with Alzheimers because you asked her to take her pills.

• Like 4

Yes.  What she said.

Ya'll are so sweet to worry about me, though.   :D  Thunderstorms only - no tornadoes in the near area.*

Jean is my official spokesperson because, well, I'm a celebrity or somesuch so I rate.  The pay is not good, but I will make ya laugh.   ;)

*I AM DONE WITH THIS SPRING.

Nan has acted very bad this morning.  Jean can fill you in because my life ATM is a mash-up of the scene in Mr. Mom in which the furnace repairman, the exterminator, and the TV repairwoman all show up at once and the scene from Christmas Vacation involving Chevy Chase's reaction to the Jelly of the Month club.  Google if needed.  It is SO worth it.  And I shall leave you with that....

Live long and prosper, little earthlings.  And remember, you are no one until you have been snubbed and insulted by a 96 year old woman with Alzheimers because you asked her to take her pills.

Dear tex,

:grouphug: I'm sorry that life is being challenging.  You must be growing and becoming so strong. Yay, you.  Eat much chocolate.

And THANK YOU for the update.

Your neurotic virtual friend,

FA Sticky

• Like 1

I'm so glad my mother hates me and never wants to live with me.

I know, right?

Though I think it is terribly sad that your mother hates you.  The benefit is that you will not be expected to care for her in her old age.  

Edited by texasmama

Dear tex,

:grouphug: I'm sorry that life is being challenging.  You must be growing and becoming so strong. Yay, you.  Eat much chocolate.

And THANK YOU for the update.

Your neurotic virtual friend,

FA Sticky

Thank you!

I think my character is so shiny and strong that I could cut glass like a diamond soon.  :D

Don't feel too sorry for me, though.  I have hired a Nan-sitter and college girl and I are going for pedicures later.  Ahhhhh....

• Like 4

I actually prefer

Look for those - bear necessities

Those simple bear necessities

Forget about your worries and your strife.

I mean those, bear necessities

Of mother nature's recipes 

that bring those bear necessities to life.

Verse:

Wherever I wander

Wherever I roam

I couldn't be fonder

Of my great home.

The bees are buzzing in the trees

To make some honey just for me.

Look under the rocks and plants

And take a glance at the fancy ants.

And maybe have a few....

The bear necessities of life will come to you...

Yes, I spelled bare as bear because a bear was singing it. And yes, I pathetically remember the words even years after seeing the movie.

That's a lot of typing.  I am duly impressed.