• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Sorry to keep bugging about dental issues, but, that's all I have to talk about now. So today's exam showed my teeth are not falling out, but several fillings need to be redone. Next Thursday, I get to have an impacted wisdom tooth pulled. Oh, joy!

She also referred me to an orthodontist for perhaps braces. Wasn't there someone else on here considering braces?

Renai, it's not that I don't love you, but have you ever considered that maybe all these posts about, well, going to, you know, that place could be a bit off-putting?  Not that any mature adult would shudder and run from the room at the mere mention.  (Of course, some of us bear no resemblance whatsoever to mature adults...)

• Like 1

Sorry to keep bugging about dental issues, but, that's all I have to talk about now. So today's exam showed my teeth are not falling out, but several fillings need to be redone. Next Thursday, I get to have an impacted wisdom tooth pulled. Oh, joy!

She also referred me to an orthodontist for perhaps braces. Wasn't there someone else on here considering braces?

I go in for a filling on Tuesday. I'm hoping to talk the dentist into pulling my two teeth that need crowns rather than the two wisdom teeth coming in underneath them.

That was me thinking about braces. My teeth are migrating forward & kind of rotating onto each other. It's like they're moving closer to the front to be ready to leap out eventually...

AAAUUUUGGHH!! Stop.It.

• Like 1

OK, so, this is the dumbest thing. Like ever. I changed my name as a joke and now people not from this thread are calling me Slash. And you know what? It's irritating me.

You don't get to call me Slash, only *they* get to call me that. You don't even know.

Oh, if this the biggest thing I have to complain about I am so grateful.

• Like 5

DENTAL ISSUES ALERT. STOP READING AT THIS POINT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. (This means you, JoJosMom!)

That was me thinking about braces. My teeth are migrating forward & kind of rotating onto each other. It's like they're moving closer to the front to be ready to leap out eventually...

Mine stems from a childhood accident on the monkey bars when I got two of my bottom front teeth knocked out. The two in the middle grew in fine; the ones on either side grew slightly behind, the canines grew in front of everything else. The military dentist said it wasn't bad enough for insurance to pay for braces (even though its an underbite and an overbite) and that they would "fix themselves." They didn't.

Fast forward 4 years ago. I had such tooth pain when I was pregnant, and they said they couldn't do anything at 9 months. I finally had them pull it. I was 38 weeks and did not want to go through labor with a toothache! Good thing it was pulled since she didn't come until 41+ weeks. So there's a gap between a canine and a molar. The dentist at first thought maybe putting a bridge there, but then said there's room for all the teeth, so why not get braces?

I actually have some money saved up, so I may consider it. I have to call for a consult. Have you decided what you are going to do yet?

• Like 2

DENTAL ISSUES ALERT. STOP READING AT THIS POINT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW. (This means you, JoJosMom!)

Mine stems from a childhood accident on the monkey bars when I got two of my bottom front teeth knocked out. The two in the middle grew in fine; the ones on either side grew slightly behind, the canines grew in front of everything else. The military dentist said it wasn't bad enough for insurance to pay for braces (even though its an underbite and an overbite) and that they would "fix themselves." They didn't.

Fast forward 4 years ago. I had such tooth pain when I was pregnant, and they said they couldn't do anything at 9 months. I finally had them pull it. I was 38 weeks and did not want to go through labor with a toothache! Good thing it was pulled since she didn't come until 41+ weeks. So there's a gap between a canine and a molar. The dentist at first thought maybe putting a bridge there, but then said there's room for all the teeth, so why not get braces?

I actually have some money saved up, so I may consider it. I have to call for a consult. Have you decided what you are going to do yet?

True story here. I had a monkey bars nose incident. Because of that initial really bad break I have broken my nose at least 7 times. It looks normal, I'm even pretty, but it breaks easily. My son was rough housing at 3 and punched me in the nose for the first time. Yep. I've had my nose broken by a 3 year old.

• Like 4

OK, so, this is the dumbest thing. Like ever. I changed my name as a joke and now people not from this thread are calling me Slash. And you know what? It's irritating me.

You don't get to call me Slash, only *they* get to call me that. You don't even know.

Oh, if this the biggest thing I have to complain about I am so grateful.

*cracking knuckles* Tell me who's doin' dis an' I'll go an' take care o'dem. (That's my "gangster voice," BTW)

• Like 4

Renai, I would do it if I were you.  I talked some with my dentist about some issues with my bite.  As I understand it, if teeth aren't meeting properly, they will continue shifting and some will bear more of the pressure than others every time you bite, chew, etc., which can lead to other problems, cracks, crowns, etc.  I'm not a dentist, nor do I play one on TV.  :-)

• Like 3

I saw that.  It was weird, but no one can really hurt anyone by reading their posts unless a ton of identifying information is given.  Folks do get overly personal at times.  I would not worry about it, but if you are worried, you can report it to a mod and they will deal with it as they see fit.

BTW, hi everyone!  :D

• Like 4

Yeah, I saw that. I sometimes actually will check out a person's previous posts if they talk often of a subject of interest to me, like bilingual ed, but I wouldn't advertise it. Well, I guess I just outed myself. But, it's not something I do often. Or, if someone looks suspicious and only has a few posts, I'll check their other posts. FTR, I've not felt the need to check any of you out for any suspicious circumstances.

• Like 2

I saw that.  It was weird, but no one can really hurt anyone by reading their posts unless a ton of identifying information is given.  Folks do get overly personal at times.  I would not worry about it, but if you are worried, you can report it to a mod and they will deal with it as they see fit.

BTW, hi everyone!   :D

Actually, this is why I try to avoid anything that might qualify.  I've prosecuted stalkers.  Stalkers are scary people.  And many of them appear totally normal, aside from their psycho-stalkerish tendencies.  It's one of those "It's probably nothing" situations.  Unless it isn't.

• Like 2

Yeah, I saw that. I sometimes actually will check out a person's previous posts if they talk often of a subject of interest to me, like bilingual ed, but I wouldn't advertise it. Well, I guess I just outed myself. But, it's not something I do often. Or, if someone looks suspicious and only has a few posts, I'll check their other posts. FTR, I've not felt the need to check any of you out for any suspicious circumstances.

I've checked out some prior posts, when the individual and I seem to be teaching the same child and I'm looking for insight/curriculum/whatever.  But to want to review all of a person's posts? Why?  That's weird.

• Like 4

I've checked out some prior posts, when the individual and I seem to be teaching the same child and I'm looking for insight/curriculum/whatever.  But to want to review all of a person's posts? Why?  That's weird.

Yes, this. If they post a lot on a subject, I'll look for their posts on that subject. Or, I'll look for some of my old buddies from way back and see what they're still around. Then message them to touch base or something. I only stalk check out all posts of those who seem suspicious. Like the person who posted the thread in the first place.

• Like 2

My anniversary was yesterday.....22 years.

Love the kitty pics on the chat board. Absolutely adorable, Texasmama

JoJosMom skip next paragraph

I don't like the dentist much anymore. I used to not mind, but as I have gotten older I don't tolerate it as well.. pretty high anxiety, and numbing meds make me feel shaky and weird.

JoJosMom restart here

That's all I got for now. :D

• Like 2

I totally stalked you a few months ago because I liked your signature.

Are you exaggerating or am I going crazy? Because I am starting to wonder. :eek:

Eta

Asking Slash about creepiness.

No. It's creepy.

• Like 3

Good morning, everyone.  I am declaring this "Stalk Ellie Day."  We must track her and find her and follow her around the boards.  I had no hula video and couldn't sleep and it's all her fault.  I'm totally not weird so it must not be just me so I'm sure that the rest of you were just waiting for a plan.

So now you have it.

(And if we can't find her, mayhap the lack of punctuation above will call to her.  One can only hope.)

• Like 1

What is going on? 

I come back from the terror known as a 5 year-old's birthday party and nothing new on this thread? I needed a laugh. At least dh volunteered to take ds to the party at a place that is like Chuck E. Cheese but bigger.

Off to get a glass of wine. 

• Like 2

What is going on? 

I come back from the terror known as a 5 year-old's birthday party and nothing new on this thread? I needed a laugh. At least dh volunteered to take ds to the party at a place that is like Chuck E. Cheese but bigger.

Off to get a glass of wine. 

No kidding!  I was thinking the same thing.

No one's taking this thread seriously anymore.