Menu

Ignore this thread!

Someone come and save me.  My family is watching "River Monsters" on Animal Planet.  I hate this show.  Oh, wait, they're flipping to Property Brothers.... ah, much better.... but they won't leave it here.  What's a gore-averse Mom to do?

Talk about how it reminds of your period and don't stop until they change it.

• Like 5

DH keeps eyeing the Rotimatic, wondering if it will make tortillas, too, or if he'd like fresh rotis as much.  He knows someone at work who bought one, so I think he's going to chat with his friend about it.  Right now the only thing keeping us from acquiring yet another kitchen gadget is the price ($400 or so).

What's a roti? All you need for corn tortillas is a tortilla press plate and a comal. :)

Have you seen the one where a guy demonstrates like 20 appropriate dance moves for church in 5 minutes?  He names them all and gives a demonstration. I'm gonna hafta find that one.

Here it is

Well, that was certainly a workout!  I need to cook my supper soon, and I'm going to be doing "Salt!  Salt!  Saltsaltsalt!" during the seasoning, I'm sure.

• Like 4

Thank you for the hugs!

I love the Property Brothers.  I am not easily grossed out, but once dd talked about her period until I seriously thought I would throw up.  And I was driving down the freeway at the time.

What on earth is wrong with your daughter?

Good gravy.  My  MIL wouldn't be helpful at a chicken hatching.  So glad she steered clear (mostly) of my births.

The last trip of my Mom's life was to come for DD13's birth (her first grandchild, and the only one born before Mom died).  There were some real issues with Mom being here (her health issues, some quite scary), but in the end I'm glad she came.  I was so worn out after DD13 was finally born I didn't have the strength in my arms to hold her.  I have a picture, taken by DH, of my Mom and my Sis, one on each side of me, holding my arms steady so I could hold my baby.

• Like 3

I'm so pissy now.

:ohmy:

Whoa, maybe I'm channeling you!  It can't be just the meds -- I got really CRANKY in the car today (first time out of the house since getting sick).  At least it was other drivers I was mad at and all I did was mouth off at them (well, and I honked at one, who nearly sideswiped me entering the road from a side street).

The last trip of my Mom's life was to come for DD13's birth (her first grandchild, and the only one born before Mom died).  There were some real issues with Mom being here (her health issues, some quite scary), but in the end I'm glad she came.  I was so worn out after DD13 was finally born I didn't have the strength in my arms to hold her.  I have a picture, taken by DH, of my Mom and my Sis, one on each side of me, holding my arms steady so I could hold my baby.

(((hugs)))  precious

My mom has been gone almost ten years.

• Like 1

I don't understand what AMJ is doing.

catching up on the thread again

blathering hurriedly because I don't want to be left out and am afraid I'll be dragged away again

wishing the dryer bell would just be QUIET for a while until I'M ready to empty it

being glad the rain stopped so my cat could go whine outside a while instead of at me

realizing I'm going to have to go deal with the dryer soon no matter what, or I'll have lots of crumpled clothes

*sigh*

• Like 4

blathering hurriedly because I don't want to be left out and am afraid I'll be dragged away again

wishing the dryer bell would just be QUIET for a while until I'M ready to empty it

being glad the rain stopped so my cat could go whine outside a while instead of at me

realizing I'm going to have to go deal with the dryer soon no matter what, or I'll have lots of crumpled clothes

*sigh*

I think you were singing. It was confusing.

I think you were singing. It was confusing.

Oh, maybe you saw my lyrics post (a revision of The Song That Never Ends, aka The Thread That Never Ends) before I edited out the lyrics.  I posted, then saw the post reminding us of possible legal repercussions (to a different post, I'm aware, but it still seemed timely), so I deleted the lyrics from the post and put in what I thought was an explanation.

*sigh*

Ha. My dryer has a "refresh" setting, with moisture and everything.  So I can ignore and just refresh later.

• Like 1

Oh. My. Goodness.

I think I wet myself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, those guys are great, aren't they?

There's a different video by some other dad out there, too, to the tune of Let It Go.

ETA:  DD10 made me look up the other one.  Here it is:

Ha. My dryer has a "refresh" setting, with moisture and everything.  So I can ignore and just refresh later.

Mine has wrinkle release.  But when I set it for that I end up getting involved in something else, and if it's downstairs I don't hear the dryer bell and I forget all about it again.  It's best if I just get the clothes out of the dryer sometimes.

The epitome of laziness. You know what we have? A clothesline outside. So there!

I would LOVE to have a clothesline, but the humidity is so high here nothing ever dries, it just mildews.  When I lived in the mountains I would put my freshly washed jeans out on the fence and they would be bone dry in less than 30 minutes.  I could be happy with a wringer washer (yes, I've used them before) and a clothesline and a rail fence if the air were dry enough.  I love the smell of the fresh air in everything.

• Like 1