Menu

Math Lessons for a Living Education.....Surprise!

Murrayshire

I think the fact that all her stuff is no longer available on the Queen Homeschool web site is what brought this all about.  I was actually just looking at buying a couple of these for my two boys (used a couple when they first came out for my girls).  They were on the web site only a day or two ago and are now gone.  This is going to be a big blessing for us!  I hope this isn't a financial loss for Mrs O'dell though.

• Like 3

I agree, it is very generous of her to offer all of her hard work and time she spent creating this program, for free! She has a FB page that goes into "some" detail, but not much. In other words, she doesn't say what happened between her and Queens, but she left their employment a while back. This pulling the curriculum is recent and sudden. I pray she sees a blessing through this. 

• Like 2

I am giving serious consideration to using MLFLE again. If I do this I will be spending money on a printer drum instead of math curriculum. I just don't want to make a mistake here. I guess my main concern is where to go to next. I have been looking at book 5 and it "may" be where my dd places. So far it is seeming that way. Now I am wondering when she is done with book 5, where would we go from there. It may be kinda hard to go back to traditional text with beaucoup problems after a whole year of MLFLE which only has a few practice problems with the hands on learning. Have you ladies considered what would be your next move after book 5?

I am giving serious consideration to using MLFLE again. If I do this I will be spending money on a printer drum instead of math curriculum. I just don't want to make a mistake here. I guess my main concern is where to go to next. I have been looking at book 5 and it "may" be where my dd places. So far it is seeming that way. Now I am wondering when she is done with book 5, where would we go from there. It may be kinda hard to go back to traditional text with beaucoup problems after a whole year of MLFLE which only has a few practice problems with the hands on learning. Have you ladies considered what would be your next move after book 5?

There is a book six. It was over at Queen's before the discontinuation was announced though only as a PDF. A FB comment mentioned this was due to the uncertainty surrounding continung to carry the product. Apparently people moved on to LoF and more people buy that than MLFLE because it keeps going (# of sales was another consideration mentioned).

• Like 1

Queens had hired a different author to write book 6. So the author of the first five books is unable to offer book 6 for free, since she didn't write it.

And unfortunately they won't sell book 6 since the others have been discontinued.  Sigh.  I was willing to pay full price for the ebook just to have a complete set, but they won't (I contacted them via email and just got back a "no").

Ah well, I will survive.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Book 4 is now available but in multiple parts! You can Merge PDFs online if you like it better as one file. I just rename the files 5A, 5B or 4A, 4B, 4C but I think I'm going to merge them into one file later one.

So books 2, 3, 4, and 5 for Math are available. As is the Art book!

Only book 1 and Anatomy are yet to be released.

• Like 1

We don't really know when, but if the others are any indication it won't be long. She has been working fast. However she is also working on other things as well as self publishing, changing formats and covers, etc of all of her work is taking time I'm sure.

I think you will find the wait worth it. Check out book 2 if you haven't . It will give you a pretty good idea of how book 1 is. 

My dd and I are very, very excited about this. =) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OP, thanks for posting this.  The Math Book 1 has been posted.  I have wanted to try these books for so long but couldn't bring myself to sink the $40 into the consumable workbooks and not like it and then not be able to sell it because it is not a well known math program.

Thanks again!  The art book is pretty terrific as well.

I had never heard of this, so I was curious to see it. I like that it has math copywork and it's so sweet looking with all the stories and talkative explanations... but it's so not secular, which is fine but it would be nice if she made clear from the website. I hilariously scrolled straight to a clipart giraffe dissing evolution, which was very funny. I guess if I'd paid attention to the fact that it was originally on Queens, I could have guessed. Still, in general, a nice little introduction to what it even is would be good on the website. If you didn't know it was a math program, the only clue is the name of the website. The site itself says nothing. Just that it's available.

Also, why, why, why do people continue to format entire books in Comic Sans?!?!? Why, world, oh why!?  :banghead:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Anatomy books are out now. I haven't read them, strongly suspect that they are Christian but some of us will get a lot of good use from this so figured I'd update and let folks know.

So available for free are

5 levels of living math

Art

Anatomy

Thats the whole set according to the website, enjoy.

• Like 1