Menu

Pork Chops recipe?

DawnM

How do you cook pork chops?

Any crockpot ideas?

It doesn't have to be crock pot though.

We have a package of pork chops that DH bought.  I personally do not like pork of any kind, so I never buy it.

Now I have to figure out what to do with it!

Thanks,

Dawn

If you want further details/ recipe just aske but here's a few ways I make them.

Place a slice of onion, slice of lemons and a tablespoon of ketchup on each pork chop. Cover pan with foil and bake til done.

Bread with almond flour and bake.

Brown and then put on top of casserole of cheesy potatoes. Bake.

If you want further details/ recipe just aske but here's a few ways I make them.

Place a slice of onion, slice of lemons and a tablespoon of ketchup on each pork chop. Cover pan with foil and bake til done.

Bread with almond flour and bake.

Brown and then put on top of casserole of cheesy potatoes. Bake.

Not the OP, but... what temp & how long? This sounds good & I think my kids would like it.

we haven't ever eaten pork until this year when I decided to try it again.  I bought "adobo" seasoning from the spice aisle.  Sprinkled some on it, baked it.  Yum.  All my family likes this simple way to do pork.  The adobo seasoning has been such a hit we make chicken tacos with it as well.  But now I can rotate pork in our meals and they love it.  

I'd suggest that you brine the chops for an hour or so before you cook them.  Every time I cooked it, no matter what method (broil, roast, crock pot, etc. etc.) it always came out really dry - because most pork is so lean now - so I just gave up buying it at all, although we all like it.  Then I came across the brining idea, and now pork is back on our menu! :)

Back in the days when I still ate pork, I would put the chops in the cast iron pan with some olive oil or butter. Season with your favorites and brown nicely. Pork cooks fast. Once it's done, keep the chops warm and bake some apple slices or do it in same pan if big enough. Once apples are nicely browned as well, serve it over rice. Add other veggies if you like.

Dump a can of pineapple + juice with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, soy sauce, vinegar and tomoato sauce mixed in (brown sugar too if you want more sweet).  It's better if you let that sit on it in the fridge for an hour or more, but ok to just cook it too.  Then either slow cooker on low for 6+ hours or covered in the oven for about 45min (depends on how thick they are). 

Thanks guys.  These all sound doable, although the dry rubs will make me touch them and that makes me cringe.

I really didn't want to touch them.  Pork stinks.  I really, really don't like pork.  I tolerate pulled pork with sauce some because we live in the South, but it is not my favorite at all.  Blech.

season with s&p, saute in a butter4 minutes a side then remove from the pan, add a large sliced onion (or 2 medium) and saute until golden brown adding more butter if needed. Add 1 cup of red wine and reduce by half. add 1/2 cup cream and return the chops to the pan and heat for about a minute.

yummy and low carb too. be careful not to overcook the chops or they will be tough!

I bake em with apple pie filling.

Dh has not eaten a pork chop for as long as we've been married because his mom overcooked them when he was a kid. If I tell him I'm baking them with apple pie filling, he would salivate.  Now THAT is saying something, because the man hasn't had a pork chop since the early 80's.