Menu

Homeschool curricula purging - it just won't go away :)

momee

If its not that great and you believe in your heart no one else would want to use it, save a child some misery and toss it. :D

There is a place you can donate it to, I think in Oklahoma?

If there are new editions out, then toss or sell very cheaply. I am whittling my stuff down. I have no trouble selling cheaply to the local homeschool group. You can also do package deals, or put it all on the free table at the next used book sale.

Other ideas:

Paperbackswap. I run across older edition homeschool books there often. With PBS you pay for shipping, though you get a credit for your own use.

Facebook group called Homeschool Curriculum Free for Shipping. You can ask for money via Paypal to cover the cost of shipping.

If you want to save shipping, just post it up for free on your local site. Or charge just $1 or a small amount for it or something. I've made good money selling stuff for very little. I mean, it doesn't make up the cost I spent, but getting $5 for something is better than nothing and then it's out of my sight. Or announce that you're coming to the regular park day with all your old stuff to give away. You can't possibly have resources that you used and liked that no one wants at all! I don't believe that!

No guilt here exactly, but I often cannot get rid of some stuff.  There is no inexpensive way to sell stuff.  I don't mind giving stuff away for free, but I also don't want to pay money to give it away for free. 

So, I hear you.  I do sometimes just throw stuff out.  At least books can go in the recycling bucket.