Menu

Yay for the US military veterans who wrote this open letter...

Stacia

Excellent wordsmithing. "knowing anything your producers force you to say will be contrived and insincere ." How very true. Bolling's apology was sexist as well. "When I got home, I got the look...I apologized to my wife." If you need a look to know that was a seriously stupid thing to say, then you are beyond hope. It's 2014 and as the veterans pointed out, women have been flying military planes longer than these dude bros have been alive.

FOX "News" anchors made comments that were stupid and offensive? Say it ain't so! :D

Idiots.

Bill

I agree 100% with you that their comments were stupid and offensive. 

However, I'm going to disagree about calling them news anchors.  The Five is a talk show...just like The View on ABC is a talk show with several co-hosts.

The best part of that story is that earlier in the same show the same anchor was saying how impossibly irresponsible and awful and unthinkably horrible it was that Obama saluted a marine while holding a coffee cup.

See http://thedailyshow.cc.com/full-episodes/xjbvl1/september-25--2014---steven-johnson (warning: language.)

No…the best response to the coffee cup salute was on Colbert and his letter to not-Gretchen/Elizabeth.  :D

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/tw7sr5/obama-s-coffee-cup-salute?xrs=synd_facebook_092514_cn_69

I agree 100% with you that their comments were stupid and offensive. 

However, I'm going to disagree about calling them news anchors.  The Five is a talk show...just like The View on ABC is a talk show with several co-hosts.

Oh, it's a Talk Show? Sorry, I am not familiar with all the shows. I thought it was an actual newscast. Now I am not quite so surprised that someone uttered something so stupid on the air.

However, I'm going to disagree about calling them news anchors. The Five is a talk show...just like The View on ABC is a talk show with several co-hosts.

It is a news channel. The hosts are journalists who appear (or have appeared) on other news programs. The show is touted as being the second highest rated show in cable news. It should have some journalistic integrity.

In contrast, the hosts of The View appear in an entertainment slot, on a channel that isn't a 24 hour news channel and they are mostly comedians and actresses, not journalists.