Menu

any good summer tv shows?

HollyDay

Second series of Orphan Black is airing right now.  I'm a bit obsessed with that show.

Curious to hear any other suggestions too...

Seconding Orphan Black.

If you're looking for something less gritty, Royal Pains is fluffy and populated with pretty people (and settings). I believe that starts in a few weeks.

I think there's a season of Top Chef Masters this summer, but I haven't seen anything about when that starts.

We look forward to SYTYCD, too!

Orange is the New Black has the first season on Netflix. (It's a Netflix show.) You could catch up before watching the next season. It's...well, human, I guess is a good way to describe the various characters.

Don't know if Bates Motel will be back this summer or next year, but it has good acting (it's violent, though), esp from Vera Farmiga.

ETA--Oops, they've already done a second season on A&E. I don't have cable and only watched it on Netflix.

I hate summer TV!  Hate, hate, hate it!  I want it to be fall so I can watch my shows!  Waiting on:  Grimm, Castle (even though I've ver mad at them!), Bones, Sleepy Hollow, and of course Once Upon a Time!  I can't believe I have to wait so long!  Grrrr!!!

I have been sucked into I Wanna Marry Harry, which is truly a travesty of TV, but I'm totally going to watch it.  I did lose some IQ points the other day watching My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, but I absolutely cannot watch that again.  I like my brain too much.  

I'm going to have to check out some of the stuff listed above.

There was a whole article about summer tv in the NYT and I mailed it to myself so I wouldn't forget it, lol.

Here is the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/23/arts/television/some-big-names-help-make-summer-tv-less-silly.html?_r=0

But they have a limited number of articles a month so here are a couple highlights (for me, anyway). I am especially interested in seeing Freedom Summer!

THE MUSKETEERS (BBC America, June 22)

FREEDOM SUMMER (PBS, June 24) In documentaries like “Freedom Riders,†“The Murder of Emmett Till†and a “A Place of Our Own,†Stanley Nelson has been building a mosaic of black life across a century of American history. His new film for the “American Experience†series recounts the movement to register black voters in Mississippi in 1964 and the catastrophic violence it unleashed.

VICIOUS (PBS, June 29) Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi put on an acting clinic in this Shakespearean ... well, no, it’s actually a British sitcom and they play a bickering gay couple who have been together 48 years. Frances de la Tour is the best friend and Iwan Rheon the stud muffin who moves in upstairs.

There was much more listed, but a lot is on HBO and Cinemax and some other channels I've never heard of. But, lots of it looked intriguing.