Menu

Need ASAP birthday party games for teens 14 - 16 years old !!!!!!!!

sheryl

DD turns 15 and we are hosting her birthday party a couple of weeks later.  It will include mostly teens 14 - 16  years old and a mix of boys/girls.

I would like game ideas you have that are SUPER FUN and CREATIVE.  Would prefer these to be free or low cost.

DD found "Peanut Pass" on the internet.  A person places spoon handle in mouth.  Peanut is placed on spoon and transports to another teen who has handle in mouth waiting to receive the peanut and the cycle continues.

Thanks! 

The Minute to Win It games are fun and have been popular for a while; not sure if they are old news for you. lol   Easy to find online.  Our kids always liked the game 4 on a Couch and Mafia or Werewolf (if you have a good "narrator" like my husband!  LOL)

Some of the games from the t.v. show Hollywood Game Night or Whose Line Is It Anyway? are really funny!!

Great.  Like the competition thing.  I'll ask Moms to see if it would fly with their teens.  I forgot to mention we'll be at a park.

Love the idea of "Whose Line Is It Anyway"?   I'm checking in to these now.  Do you have links?

What does your teen play with friends? My dd has come up with her own games and asked her friends for ideas when they arrived since they were 13, so I would just ask dd and her friends. We do not buy any specific games. They play games that require balls or hoopla hoops, and other prop kind of things, but nothing out of a box. We have no trouble with kids not playing either, they all engage well, but they ave been friends for 10ish years.

For ds's 15th birthday the 2 favorite games were:

Pass the orange -orange under chin, pass from teammate to teammate only using chin.

Balloon smash.  Everyone had a balloon on a length of ribbon tied to their ankle.  Then try to pop everyone else's balloon.  Last one with unpopped balloon wins.

Other games they have done-somehow never too old for these-

Balloon pop.  Race to other end of yard.  Grab balloon out of bin. sit on it to pop it. Run back.  First team to pop all balloons wins.

Sponge water fight.  Car sponges cut up into squares and placed in buckets of water.  Throw at one another until everyone is sopping wet.  Last much longer than water balloon fight and no hours of filling balloons for 2 minutes of fun.

3 legged race

Sack race

A really fun game that we have played goes like this:

The group sits in a circle.  The first person writes some kind of a simple, kind of unusual descriptive sentence on the top of a piece of paper.  (i.e., "The winged-dog flies over the house.")  She passes it to the next person in the circle who gets to see the sentence.  Directly below the sentence, she has to draw a picture that represents the sentence.  Then she folds the top of the paper over so the sentence is no longer visible;  only her picture is.  She passes it to the next person, who only sees the picture.  SHE now has to write a simple descriptive sentence that describes the picture, directly beneath the picture.  She then further folds the top of the paper down so that the picture is now hidden, and only HER sentence is visible.  She hands it to the next person, who has to draw a picture that she feels represents the latest visible sentence.  And so on.  You go around the circle, one person writing a sentence and the next person drawing a picture, and see how it ends up.  Whether the last thing is a picture or a sentence, doesn't matter.  It's always hilarious.  Obviously each picture and sentence only takes up about an inch of paper, and sometimes you even have to go to the back of the paper.

Capture the flag (the teens here love it)

Make your own similar to telephone game (someone writes a word on one sheet of paper, next person looks at the word and flip the page and draws that word and hands the notebook to the next person, they then look at the picture flip the page and write what they think the picture is, repeat.)

I played a very fun game during our college and career church outing that was a HUGE hit! It's called WINK.

All the girls (or boys, doesn't matter) sit in folding chairs, there is 1 extra chair, all the boys stand behind the girls in the chairs. The boy standing behind the empty chair winks at a girl, and the boy behind that girl holds onto her shoulders to keep her in the chair. The object is to fill your chair. It goes fast and was a lot of fun!

The Minute to Win It games are fun and have been popular for a while; not sure if they are old news for you. lol   Easy to find online.  Our kids always liked the game 4 on a Couch and Mafia or Werewolf (if you have a good "narrator" like my husband!  LOL)

Some of the games from the t.v. show Hollywood Game Night or Whose Line Is It Anyway? are really funny!!

I second the Minute to Win It games. There are tons of different ones to choose from online. We did this with one of my sons when he turned 18 and he had his best friend's family over. They were fun and we had lots of laughs!

We did Minute to Win it at dd15s birthday and they were fun.  I gave out  sparkly mini hair-comb tiarras, and huge plastic bling rings for the winner of each round, and mardi-gras beads  to the loosers. 

Blindfolded cotton ball scoop.  You put two bowls and a wooden spoon on a table.  Dump a large bag or two of cotton balls into a bowl.  Blindfold a person and set a timer.  Have the blindfolded person scoop the balls with the wooden spoon from one bowl to the other.  The person scooping can only touch the handle of the spoon and only with one hand. You can give prizes to whomever gets the most cotton balls into the bowl.  It is a really fun game, because you cannot feel the weight of the cotton balls.  Mostly you just stir them around a bit.

Empire.  Everyone writes a famous person or character on a slip of paper and puts them into a box.  One person reads the papers once.  Then everyone has to guess who each person wrote down.  If you guess someone's name they become part of your empire.  They are now helping you guess as you expand your empire.  Whoever guesses last wins, not the largest empire.  My girls love playing it. 

Do you love your neighbor.  Everyone sits in a circle, preferably in chairs.  One less chair than the number of people playing.  The odd man out stands in the middle of the circle.  He walks up to someone and says, "Do you love your neighbor?"  They reply, "No." or "Yes, but I don't like anyone __________."  If they say no the two people on either side must switch places giving the person in the middle the opportunity to steal one of the chairs.  The odd man out takes the middle position again.  If "Yes" is said then the person follows up with something someone is wearing or has done.  For example, "Yes, I love my neighbor, but not anyone who is wearing white."  or "Yes, I love my neighbor, but not anyone who has not brushed their teeth today."  If you are someone in that category then you have to get up and try to take someone else's seat.  You, however, cannot take the seats immediately next to your own or your previous seat.  The man in the middle also may try to take a seat.  Whoever ends up in the middle asks the next question.  Play continues until you decide to stop or everyone has had a turn.

wow, y'all sound like you throw FUN parties! :)   these are great ideas and we are well on our way to playing these at dd's party. 

does the line/picture game have a name?  like this a lot.  i'm wondering if this is best played inside.  this party will be hosted at a local park b/c the layout of our house/yard doesn't accommodate large groups of people.  also, we're fixing up our house to sell and there are tons of doors, etc. all over the place.